Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 431348 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #885 on: April 10, 2012, 09:20:34 pm »

Well, kobolds aside, I must wonder: what are our plans on breaching the caverns?

Avoid them like the plague and then install all manner of internal defenses and check and double check and triple check that no forgotten beasts can ever get to us?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #886 on: April 10, 2012, 09:22:11 pm »

Dig deeper. The forgotten beasts are our friends, or at the very least'll help us set up the super soldier initiatives more efficient showers.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: April 10, 2012, 09:26:13 pm »

I vote we dig a small, 10cm hole.

Then, build a well over the top.

Instead of a ladder, we tie a kobold to the rope, and dangle it down.

If the rope goes taught, and unintelligable utterances issue before sudden silence, we seal the breach and never speak of it again.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: April 10, 2012, 09:27:23 pm »

I vote we dig a small, 10cm hole.

Then, build a well over the top.

Instead of a ladder, we tie a kobold to the rope, and dangle it down.

If the rope goes taught, and unintelligable utterances issue before sudden silence, we seal the breach and never speak of it again.

Everyone turns to Corai

............BYE!

A wagon has been stolen!

A yak bull has been stolen! x2
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #889 on: April 10, 2012, 09:29:53 pm »

Ah, so that must be how Kobolds find caves.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: April 10, 2012, 09:30:50 pm »

Oh gawd.. I can't do this any more.. I am gonna throw up in my mouth I think... blahh!

(Is it wrong that I am cackleing like a madman while fighting back dry heaves at the same time?)
This is also how the manamaid was born. link

This thread is moving insanely fast again. lol  I'm trying to read back through everything to make sure I didn't miss anybody, but wow. :P Very awesome.

And Lmao at Corai's spear.   >.>

EDIT:
Well, kobolds aside, I must wonder: what are our plans on breaching the caverns?

Avoid them like the plague and then install all manner of internal defenses and check and double check and triple check that no forgotten beasts can ever get to us?

Actually, I was thinking of breaching them soon... We of Bay12 tend to like living on the edge when after we get comfortable... and I think cages full of nude elf women qualifies as "comfortable".

Just trying to be realistic. :P But I'll hold off if that's the popular opinion of what we should do.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 09:52:26 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: April 10, 2012, 09:41:05 pm »

Personally, I don't want to die
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: April 10, 2012, 09:44:14 pm »

and I think cages full of nude elf women qualifies as "comfortable".

.........THOSE THINGS ARE THREE TIMES BIGGER THEN ME. And I dont mean overall either!

So im very worried 24/7, more then usual.
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: April 10, 2012, 09:46:37 pm »

Which members of the populace must be stricken about the face and body to facilitate a more accurate count of our supplies? Clearly there is an unacceptable amount of tomfoolery and alleged kobold buggery, the remedy is then for the book keeper to take more specific counts so that we can be aware of the bones which are not yet devoid of flesh and which bones are in deficit thereby causing the foolery of toms and the buggery of kobolds. Once the bones which prevent the buggery and foolery respectively are discovered I shall turn them into hats which shall be worn to prevent further bug-foolery.

Once we have reached a state in which the fools are no longer buggered we can send a small expeditionary force into the caverns consisting of corai and several of the cats which are most prone to mewing. Corai shall translate the discoveries of the cats into a language we can't understand and we shall ultimately be forced to throw caution to the win and behave incredibly irresponsibly.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: April 10, 2012, 09:48:36 pm »

Which members of the populace must be stricken about the face and body to facilitate a more accurate count of our supplies? Clearly there is an unacceptable amount of tomfoolery and alleged kobold buggery, the remedy is then for the book keeper to take more specific counts so that we can be aware of the bones which are not yet devoid of flesh and which bones are in deficit thereby causing the foolery of toms and the buggery of kobolds. Once the bones which prevent the buggery and foolery respectively are discovered I shall turn them into hats which shall be worn to prevent further bug-foolery.

Once we have reached a state in which the fools are no longer buggered we can send a small expeditionary force into the caverns consisting of corai and several of the cats which are most prone to mewing. Corai shall translate the discoveries of the cats into a language we can't understand and we shall ultimately be forced to throw caution to the win and behave incredibly irresponsibly.

I happen to speak english fluently! And cat!

What did you say tomkins? OH GOD YOU DIRTY CAT, NO BROSPETH WOULD NOT LIKE THAT NO, NO. LALALALA DIDNT HEAR THAT! NO HE WOULDNT! HES A DWARF NOT A CAT! LALALALA!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: April 10, 2012, 09:50:01 pm »

.........THOSE THINGS ARE THREE TIMES BIGGER THEN ME. And I dont mean overall either!

[Totally hellbound now.]

Don't worry little vermin, the spindly twig-like elf hussies are well know for "loving all living things".  The worst you have to worry about is that they might kill you with their love!

(That and the stumprot.)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #896 on: April 10, 2012, 09:50:31 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I would happily volunteer.

Oh that's right, three scribbles on a piece of paper and the booze is gone.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: April 10, 2012, 09:51:25 pm »

That's the slowest, most inefficient method of escape I've ever heard of.

Imagine two kobolds sitting in a room full of "rope reed" (hemp), smoking some of it. One of them happens to look out the window.   "Oh, gods, it's the cops!" "No, no, no!" says the other. "We like, totally gotta get outta here, man!" "Yeah, dude! Quick, get on the wagon!" Both kobolds jump on the wagon and yell at the yaks to get them moving, and they slowly plod away.... so slowly.

If the kobolds are dumb enough to try to urge them onwards with the whip, they won't be going anywhere at all. They might get *yak roast* out of it, though.

Personally, I don't want to die
That's a vote against the caverns, then... Who else?

Another edit:
I lol'd.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 09:53:27 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: April 10, 2012, 09:52:00 pm »

[Totally hellbound now.]

Don't worry little vermin, the spindly twig-like elf hussies are well know for "loving all living things".  The worst you have to worry about is that they might kill you with their love!

(That and the stumprot.)

This is a engraving of Corai's kobold camp and elves, the elves are massacring the kobolds, the kobolds are fleeing, this relates to the slaughter of kobolds in the year 2012

They love us plenty >.>

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: April 10, 2012, 09:52:23 pm »

Broseph, what bones let me hear the kittens shouting in my mind? MY MIND!?
Bones...yes.

Also, as wishing to remain of ambiguous gender, I'll have to involvement with any sort of "tomfoolery." However, I shall continue trying to cause the laws of physics to be buggered.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 214