Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 431339 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #960 on: April 11, 2012, 01:53:59 am »

Do I see the very beginning of a tantrum spiral ?

And it's all that she-demon's fault.

No, it's because I left a rotten chunk of giant eagle meat in the meeting hall.  My bad

Where have you found a giant eagle ? I haven't seen one since v0.31.25

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: April 11, 2012, 01:54:36 am »

Don't worry, I'll make crafts and Fen will make engravings to immortalize the following events.

Also we ought to contact monk12 and bring him into this.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Fen

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretly A Kobold Werebull
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: April 11, 2012, 02:00:08 am »

Don't worry, I'll make crafts and Fen will make engravings to immortalize the following events.

Also we ought to contact monk12 and bring him into this.

Together, we will ensure the entire world will know of the tantrum spiralling of our fortress! And they'll have such lovely commemorative knick-knacks, toys, and figurines to take home.
This space for rent

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: April 11, 2012, 02:23:09 am »

Do I see the very beginning of a tantrum spiral ?

And it's all that she-demon's fault.

No, it's because I left a rotten chunk of giant eagle meat in the meeting hall.  My bad

Where have you found a giant eagle ? I haven't seen one since v0.31.25

The elves recently brought me one in the caravan in my fortress..... I've been hoping to get a pair.... I turned the savagery way up to the point where dwarves are nearly extinct. The elves constantly bring giant creatures in.  So far I have breeding pops of giant lions and giant dingos. They've brought a giant bark scorpion, a couple female giant ostritches, lots of mismatched giant parrots of different types, and even some giant hamsters in addition to the giant eagle.

Should I be concerned that I won't get a mating set?

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: April 11, 2012, 02:41:25 am »

well this thread seems to have gotten way way out of hand eh? 6 days and already another 50+ pages? I should really pay more attention to threads like these...

I think the coming spiral can be averted with a liberal application of scorpion and magma. would someone like to get the lever while I release the "children?"
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: April 11, 2012, 02:45:00 am »

Careful, kodkod's in charge of the scorpion pit, and she doesn't like strangers messing with her charges.

If you go in there, she might just lock the door.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: April 11, 2012, 03:18:57 am »

Between going to a meeting I didn't want to go to and sleeping 6 measly hours you bastards left me out of the loop! Also I am fully against caver exploration until you're positive none of us have to go down there (send the dwarves, they can probably take a mauling better than the majority of us.)

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: April 11, 2012, 06:39:41 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

*reads through black book*

Hey, when do the pages NOT filled with "Oliolli" start?

Whenever a hand cramp stepped in and "Oliolli" was impossible to write. :P

If the Bay12 forum were a mountain hall, we'd need some serious quantity of booze to keep everyone drunk and happy to avoid the fruitless conversations we tend to get into...

But those are the BEST conversations! What good is living a life in DF if you can't contemplate imaginary doom-bringing giant sky whales fighting armies of theoretical demons?

Our fortress needs a "tablet of raw editing", which "contains the secrets of the whole universe" in it!

Imagine the knockdown drag-outs that would ensue should somebody mention "oompa loopmas", with a chisel in hand!

"No! New creatures require a new world-gen! You idiot!"
"Stop him before he causes the world to crash!"
Etc...

LOL!

Raw editing?
*cracks neck dramatically*
Stand aside.  Stuff's about to get [MAT_FIXED_TEMP:300000].
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #968 on: April 11, 2012, 08:50:05 am »

The only affection displayed by THIS community will be violence and passionate bloodletting.

Exactly! People love each other that much more when their lives are in their hands... Or being threatened by them. Stockholm syndrome isn't pretty, but it happens.

Raw editing?

Ah... Good things will come of this.

What's stopping us from invading other worlds? Creating our own worlds?

WE WOULD BECOME GODS.

Very, very killable Gods.

With fluffballs. Still counts.

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: April 11, 2012, 08:59:04 am »

There's no chance of kodkod having the capacity to develope feelings for anyone, or anyone else to kodkod. The only affection displayed by THIS community will be violence and passionate bloodletting.
Neither of you comprehend the disgust that is the accusation of physical attraction outside your orientation.

Quite true, the only emotion I possess is a churning, tempestuous rage.

Careful, kodkod's in charge of the scorpion pit, and she doesn't like strangers messing with her charges.
If you go in there, she might just lock the door.

I'm only going to say it once, people had best stay away from my children. They don't like it when anyone but their mama approaches them, and they have a tendancy to lash out.
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

Kibstable

• Bay Watcher
  • We didn't start the fire...
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: April 11, 2012, 10:27:17 am »

I'm not allowed to assign anyone jobs that they didn't specifically request in this thread. As a result, we have almost no woodcutters, tanners, architects, and some others.

I expected (like many dwarves) to get a job I didn't want.
I didn't want to say what my skills were, In reality I'm trained in sylvicultural management (planting and looking after trees - including thinning and clearfell harvesting) but I'm not all elf, I have recent experience in developing a small hydro electric station. Also skills in sheep and cattle herding, and adequate level of skill in dry-stone-dyke (wall) building.

I rarely need alcohol to get through the working day.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: April 11, 2012, 11:12:24 am »

Quite true, the only emotion I possess is a churning, tempestuous rage.

nose
left eye
middle eye
right eye

left eye tooth
right eye tooth
heart

She's not joking, you know.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #972 on: April 11, 2012, 11:19:20 am »

If I ever ended as a dorf in a mountain hall with the rest of the bay12 community...well, I'd grab a pick, dig a hole in hidden map spot, and after closing it with a wall to avoid others coming in, would live the rest of my live through plump helmet farming and brewing the stuff, and i'd hope the nightmare to end soon.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: April 11, 2012, 11:27:27 am »

Regarding labors and such; what would mechanical engineering fall under?  Obviously mechanics, but since a large part of it is design and efficiency and stuff, I think architecture would fall under it as well, at least the way that DF defines it.  Basically, if you need another mechanic/architect, I'm available. 

Then again, I'm the CMD, despite knowing very little about modern medicine in real life.  I can do first aid and CPR and stuff (thanks to the BSA; I have First Aid, Emergency Preparedness, and Lifesaving Merit Badges), but that and some half-remembered stuff from random wiki walks are about the extent of my actual medical knowledge.

Regardless, I'm not going to stop being the CMD.  Don't try to take the position from me, either; I've been studying martial arts for the past twelve years.  Also, I'll remove your [BP:LUNGS].
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: April 11, 2012, 11:32:09 am »

Thanks, Gizogin, for volunteering. :) I think I'm going to start playing through the next bit now, after editing the raws a bit to reflect things discussed the thread. This'll be interesting.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 214