Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 431411 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #1140 on: April 13, 2012, 01:49:57 am »

Poor kobold.

Should have stayed in the cave!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: April 13, 2012, 01:52:37 am »

What is this kobold still doing in our fortress anyways ? More importantly, why isn't he dead ?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: April 13, 2012, 01:58:16 am »

He's our slavelovably helpful pet. We should convince him to bring his entire tribe and move into the stockpiles. Useful if they're stealing stuff and bringing it to the stockpiles because they live there. Cheap haulers.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: April 13, 2012, 02:58:48 am »

He's our slavelovably helpful pet. We should convince him to bring his entire tribe and move into the stockpiles. Useful if they're stealing stuff and bringing it to the stockpiles because they live there. Cheap haulers.
Hey, that's a good idea.
Except we could give them not the stockpiles, but a state-of-the-art, wonderfully smooth artificial cave, furnished with bags and coffers, with even an emergency purging mechanism built in, and request their archers' assistance every time we have troubles with sieges.
Ever played the 'Smart Kobold'? If anyone can pull off subterrarean guerilla warfare, it's these guys.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 03:03:37 am by HmH »

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: April 13, 2012, 10:09:48 am »

'Sus' Dogpulley has made Shinythreads, an Olivine Mechanisms!

This is an olivine mechanisms. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. This object is menacing with spikes of jet and emerald and decorated with hanging rings of bismuth bronze.

On this item is a picture of KodKod, the deity of kobolds, vengeance and derailing, depicted as a female human, and kobolds in kobold bone. The kobolds are melting. KodKod is laughing, This artwork relates to the revealing of the secrets of embarking on a kobold cave by KodKod in 2012.

On this item is a picture of Oliolli the dwarf and humans in green tourmaline. Oliolli is refusing the humans.

On this item is an image of 'Sus' Bibandeler the dwarf in Spawn of Holistic bone. 'Sus' Bibandeler is in a fetal position. This artwork relates to the death of the dwarf 'Sus' Bibandeler in Spearbreakers in 205.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: April 13, 2012, 12:14:31 pm »

Keep going Talvieno, please. Those journals are awesome.

Heck, if I knew what was going on in the fort better I'd start writing my own things as well :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thanks, Oliolli. :P If you'd like, I could send the save your way. I'm kind of losing track of Spearbreakers, anyway... Does anyone else want me to continue it (The Twelfth Bay), or...?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 12:35:04 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: April 13, 2012, 12:23:56 pm »

And so one of the most deranged concepts for a succession game began.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: April 13, 2012, 12:49:47 pm »

I don't know, I'm not really that good at narrative. If that isn't a problem, I could try...

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: April 13, 2012, 02:18:49 pm »

Nah, I don't think it'd be that much of a problem, really... Well, provided you have the free time for it. :P Just play a bit and expand a bit on whatever happens, drawing in ideas from this thread. Does that sound all right to you, or would you rather pass on it?

And so one of the most deranged concepts for a succession game began.
Rules:
  • No assigning jobs to named characters - they choose their own jobs in-thread.
  • Suggestions in the thread must be taken seriously and implemented if at all possible.
  • Nobody can die! At least, not forumgoers.
  • People can only be haulers if they have only one other task. (such as people who only choose brewing, for instance)
Other than that it'd be a regular succession game... Well, of course, barring the fact that I started with sixty dwarves, all dwarfed versions of forumgoers. (And that reminds me - Oliolli, the real reason you started the party was because the personalities are way off - I didn't mess with them. It took about thirty minutes to an hour just to get all the skill sets right at the beginning. :P I didn't want to take the time to match the personalities. ...or the genders.)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 05:46:59 pm by Talvieno »

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: April 13, 2012, 02:36:32 pm »

Alright. I'll try. Just show me where to grab the save from and I'll see if the fort lives long after that.

Which version is this in, by the way? 0.34.07?

The non-forumite dwarves are expendable, right?

Gah, too many :P s used in the last four posts...

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: April 13, 2012, 02:58:06 pm »

I'll upload the save in a bit. The fort is actually doing pretty well (all things considered). It was barely surviving for most of the first year, but I managed to pull it out and put it back on track (I almost didn't, though).

The version is 0.34.07, yes. And non-forumgoers are completely expendable.

:( And yes, :P I am well aware of the fact that I use smilies too much. :-\ (>^.^)> I am attempting to fix that. ;D :o ::)  8)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1151 on: April 13, 2012, 04:16:18 pm »

EveryDwarf equal. EveryDwarf expendable. Overseer is always watching you.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: April 13, 2012, 04:48:51 pm »

I feel double-plus happy hearing that.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: April 13, 2012, 05:43:45 pm »

why are you giving more domination ideas to Kodkod ?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: April 13, 2012, 05:51:54 pm »

Because Kodkod couldn't dominate us. Nobody could non-consensually dominate our community and survive more than an hour. Except Toady and Threetoe. They'd probably still have a ban button somewhere on them that catapults us straight tot he HFS.
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 214