Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 431342 times)

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #1395 on: April 16, 2012, 09:19:53 pm »

I do actually see myself as "Evil," though not in the "do bad things just for their own sake" way.  I am a selfish person; I do not really see any reason to put other people's needs above my own, unless I clearly and directly benefit from it.  I can be nice and polite, and I generally am, but only because I see no downsides to doing so, while being rude and mean has some clearly harmful effects.  I am "Evil" in the sense that I put my own needs first, whereas someone "Good" would put others ahead of him- or herself. 
I'd probably classify myself as "Neutral Evil."

It might seem strange, then, that I would volunteer to be the CMD.  After all, doctors are meant to help people.  I do actually benefit from it, though.  As the CMD, I hold a great deal of power and influence, and because I perform a very vital task which few are able to do, I have job security.  I also get access to just about everyone, should I ever need it for any reason.

We share the same mind-set. I MUST KILL YOU TO REMAIN UNIQUE.

Let's see, how do I react to this?
Oh, duh.

BRING IT, DOG-FACE!  I'll make you hurt in places you didn't know you had!
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: April 16, 2012, 09:25:45 pm »

Surprisingly, cocoa butter is not a common ingredient for lip balms. Most are made with beeswax, glycerol, and something like tocopherol acetate (an oily version of vitamin E), with a cheap vegetable oil, like sunflower or cottonseed.

This is most likely due to cost. Cocoa butter is rather expensive, despite having fantastic skin conditioning qualities, and being loaded with oil based antioxidants, like vitamin E. It is commonly sold nearly pure as a beauty aid, and as a preparation to reduce the production of stretch-marks due to pregnancy.  Comparatively, cottonseed and sunflower oils are produced hundreds of gallons at a time, and can be obtained for mere pennies per liter.

Natural beeswax has a faint honey like aroma, and distilled glycerol is naturally sweet and warming when placed on skin. 70% beeswax, 20% cocoa butter, 5% glycerol, 4.98% water, and .02% real vanilla extract whipped really good would make a fine lipbalm I think.

A tiny touch of actual honey might also work, but its easy to ruin a subtle hint with outright heavy handed flavor. (Raw wax has a scent, but not a flavor.)

I am compelled to perform experiments now. I will hit the beauty aisle of the local market to see if I can score some cocoa butter. I can get glycerol at GNC. It's sold as a reduced glycemic index sweetener there and at other healthfood stores. (It also has well known humectant and moisturizing qualities, as well as keeping the preparation smooth. It has the consistency of white corn syrup, and never dries out. It's a staple in moisture whips.)

Now.. do I dare produce a sweet, edible cocoa butter body lotion? No... the female human merchant caravans would never be safe if I did that. :)

(Ninja'd)

I don't think you are shallow or image insecure.  Wanting to look attractive, and being jealous about appearances are not the same thing.  Well cared for skin is as much about healthy skin as it is about attractiveness as well. The purpose of a lip balm is to hold in moisture, to keep lips fry drying and scaling. A runnier, more oil rich version produces a lip gloss, which may also contain crushed mica powder for added lustre. I clearly understand the line between petty vanity, and simply wanting to look and smell nice.  My mom was the type that never used makeup ever, and never took care of her skin, and in her old age, it realy shows.  Taking good care of your skin and avoiding a lot of the nastier chemicals in commercial preparations (cyclosiloxane? Dimethicone? Why not just slather refinery waste on your skin! Perhaps some coal oil!) Will help you live longer if you also practice good rules about sun exposure.

No, the cosmetic line would be formulated for application, utility, and skin health as well as cosmetic function. I personally don't wear the stuff, but I do use a good moisturizer. (One of the things that makes people wonder about my orientation.) My sister went so far as to call me "metro" once, to which I promplty drew attention to my walmart discount wardrobe, and lax festidiousness about my hairstyle, and spartan household furnishings. These days will all the crap in the air, skin protection is just prudent if you don't want spots when you are old.

I do spot test batches of cosmetics when I do make them for people, to make sure they wear well. I refuse to give friends grease paint. :)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: April 16, 2012, 09:29:25 pm »

I do actually see myself as "Evil," though not in the "do bad things just for their own sake" way.  I am a selfish person; I do not really see any reason to put other people's needs above my own, unless I clearly and directly benefit from it.  I can be nice and polite, and I generally am, but only because I see no downsides to doing so, while being rude and mean has some clearly harmful effects.  I am "Evil" in the sense that I put my own needs first, whereas someone "Good" would put others ahead of him- or herself. 
There you go, that's your justification. People can get the words "good" and "evil" arranged in various ways in their heads, but deep down to you acting the way you do is "good" because it benefits you.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: April 16, 2012, 09:30:58 pm »

I'd probably classify myself as "Neutral Evil."

It might seem strange, then, that I would volunteer to be the CMD.  After all, doctors are meant to help people.  I do actually benefit from it, though.  As the CMD, I hold a great deal of power and influence, and because I perform a very vital task which few are able to do, I have job security.  I also get access to just about everyone, should I ever need it for any reason.

We share the same mind-set. I MUST KILL YOU TO REMAIN UNIQUE.

Let's see, how do I react to this?
Oh, duh.

BRING IT, DOG-FACE!  I'll make you hurt in places you didn't know you had!

BRING IT, TINY BEARD!
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: April 16, 2012, 09:31:57 pm »

If I was turned into a dwarf, I'd shave. I hate the feel of scratchy faces.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: April 16, 2012, 09:50:59 pm »

Join me in my kobold camp! We have the following!

-42 food

-31 drink

:D
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: April 16, 2012, 09:54:10 pm »

Closest DnD alignment for my real personality is chaotic neutral as well.

I have a rather odd view when it comes to "good/bad", and "normal".

Good and evil are for the most part culturally based, rather than universal. For instances, many native south american tribal peoples of the amazon practice infanticide if the child cannot be cared for. (This can even be quite brutal.) Most people in western industrial societies would consider this abhorrently apalling. Then again, our desire for gender equality, easy access to abortions, and female politicians are unspeakably apalling to fundementalists in middle eastern countries. It is very much a sliding scale.

Likewise, laws can be useful, and beneficial for the maximum number of persons in a country, or they can be officious racketeering engineered to enrich a tiny, monied minority.

If the law is demonstrably deleterious to the actual health of the nation, the law should be violated wherever possible, for the health of the nation. The idea that "illegal = bad" does not fly with me.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: April 16, 2012, 10:04:31 pm »

-42 food

-31 drink

My fort has been trespassed upon by kobolds with "very long beard"s

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: April 16, 2012, 10:05:41 pm »

-42 food

-31 drink

My fort has been trespassed upon by kobolds with "very long beard"s

Kobolds have no hair. Those were elves goblins humans kobolds dwarves.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: April 16, 2012, 10:12:47 pm »

Really? I always imagine toady's kobolds with short, fuzzy fur on their body, and very short mousy fur on faces, hands, and bellies....

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: April 16, 2012, 10:14:16 pm »

Really? I always imagine toady's kobolds with short, fuzzy fur on their body, and very short mousy fur on faces, hands, and bellies....

I go by cutebolds, its near universally accepted kobolds are hairless and look like my avatar, but gray.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: April 16, 2012, 10:15:45 pm »

I go by cutebolds, its near universally accepted kobolds are hairless and look like my avatar, but gray.
I'd have to call Fanon on that, but whatever. I just know that in the unmodded game, they can have facial hair (but not head hair).

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: April 16, 2012, 10:16:49 pm »

Not very doglike that way...........

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: April 16, 2012, 10:18:27 pm »

Theres hairless dogs.

...........I think.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: April 16, 2012, 10:19:11 pm »

All the ingame desc says about them is "A small, squat humanoid with large pointy ears and yellow glowing eyes."
Their skin is always brown, and their eyes are always yellow. Muzzles (dog or lizard-like) are open to interpretation. Though they do lay eggs.

I don't want to derail this thread into a kobold appearance debate, though.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 214