Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 431412 times)

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #1740 on: April 19, 2012, 02:41:54 pm »

Madness?

This! Is! Actually rather tame, all things considered. These forums have certainly mass-produced insanity on a greater scale at points.
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: April 19, 2012, 02:43:24 pm »

On topic:  Oliolli's robotic body is coming along right on schedule.  So far, I've only hit one minor snag: I don't know anything about robotics.  Sure, I've messed around with LEGO Mindstorms and VEX, but they're hardly comparable to a full-size cyberman.  I can do life-support, which is nearly finished, but it takes up a lot of space.  That's not my fault; it takes some complex machinery to take over for every vital organ in the body (electronic organs would be better, and smaller, but my knowledge of electricity and magnetism leaves much to be desired).  Also, it has no senses or movement.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1742 on: April 19, 2012, 02:47:11 pm »

Gizogin's post is confusing me o_o up to where is reality and where is fiction?!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: April 19, 2012, 02:49:38 pm »

That line was blurred a long time ago. Now it's been eroded away completely by the marching of so many dwarven boots and no trace of separation remains between the two.
/人‿‿人\

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1744 on: April 19, 2012, 02:52:31 pm »

So the line of reality is actually just a grassy plant that erodes if people step on it?

I understand now. o_o Everything's so clear.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: April 19, 2012, 03:00:43 pm »

Everything's so clear.

Do not be so confident, it will be the death of you. Spring water is clear too, until you wash away the blood and grime that slowly build up over the harsh lifetime of those entombed within a fortress, caked onto the clothing and skin of the populace.

Understanding and rationalisation also then can become obfuscated by the wear that takes place not on the body, but upon a mind under such pressures. It builds up and up over the years like dust clinging to a surface and, lacking a way to truly cleanse that part of you, you will never know that you’ve snapped until it has already happened.

What I'm trying to say is: Every time is crazy time.
/人‿‿人\

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: April 19, 2012, 03:33:52 pm »

We've largly been discussing as of late the industrialization of The Twelfth Bay. And everything from mobile fighting fortresses to landmines are planned to make the fortress unconquerable!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: April 19, 2012, 03:38:55 pm »

Don't forget giant ostrich egg bombs and kobold drop pods!

Never suspect the ostrich inquisition.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: April 19, 2012, 03:41:10 pm »

No one ever does. Especially when kobolds are seen fighting for the dwarves. Or dwarves pop out of the eggs full of "Derp, rage, and sobriety"

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: April 19, 2012, 04:23:12 pm »

Gizogen:

Concerning your hammerhead model....  I have completely unrestricted access to a CATIA seat here at work. If you can't quite iron out why your model is breaking your creo elements/pro seat, you could always send me a doodle with your key dimensions on it, and I could send you back a step file or something.

I model stuff on my catia seat all the time. Made an obsidian arrowhead once.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: April 19, 2012, 05:16:01 pm »

Gizogen:

Concerning your hammerhead model....  I have completely unrestricted access to a CATIA seat here at work. If you can't quite iron out why your model is breaking your creo elements/pro seat, you could always send me a doodle with your key dimensions on it, and I could send you back a step file or something.

I model stuff on my catia seat all the time. Made an obsidian arrowhead once.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's pretty sweet, wierd. 

I'm pretty sure what I did wrong with my first attempt.  When I was making the handle (I did the whole hammer as a single part file last time), I did some really bizarre stuff with the dimensioning.  I had some useless constraints, random reference lines, and leftovers from previous shapes I'd been messing with.  Something in that hideous mess must have broken it. 

This time, since I know exactly what shape I want, I'm going to make the handle properly.  I'm also going to make the head, handle, and grip separately, for a couple of reasons.  First, I learned today that Creo can actually assign materials to different parts, so if I make them as individual pieces, I can easily make each one out of the material I want.  Second, it saves me having to redo the whole thing (again) if something breaks.

EDIT:
Gizogin's post is confusing me o_o up to where is reality and where is fiction?!

Everything I say is the truth.  Except when it's false.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 05:19:58 pm by Gizogin »
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: April 19, 2012, 06:04:40 pm »

Ah 3d modelling. The most time-consuming thing I have ever attempted. One day, blender! One day you shall be conquered!
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: April 19, 2012, 07:54:47 pm »

I never figured out how blender worked either. Or coding for taht matter. Editing maps for games is usually pretty simple to me, same with textures if they're in a format photoshop/gimp can accept.

If only I could find someone that understood both scripting and modelling... My TES modding projects would be unstoppable!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: April 19, 2012, 07:59:53 pm »

TES modding?  What game?

I am fluent in morrowind and oblivion script. Haven't touched skyrim at all yet though.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: April 19, 2012, 08:06:13 pm »

Oblivion and skyrim. Skyrim requires a metric ass load of time to do terrain though because the dumbasses at Bethesda decided to shut out their own terrain editor, yet mysteriously leave it in the CS, and the methods of getting world-scale terrain edits in is too horrendously complex for me to even begin on it at the moment. All I can do is fly around with the brush and cuss whenever I accidentally unload the cell I was trying to work on, or the CS crashes.

I'm currently working on two separate things intermitently (i.e whenever I get bored of working on one or have a really cool idea that MUST HAPPEN NOW); a 'dwemer caverns' mod that involves massive caverns and dwemer dungeons, similar to Blackreach, and a model of the continent of Atmora, which has barely started and I curse extra hard for because I really want to use the terrain editor.
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 214