Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 431361 times)

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #2445 on: May 02, 2012, 09:43:17 am »

Remember: in DF the player is a god. You could manipulate the raws to create an attack focusing the powers of a dying star in a single square easily.

More importantly: would it kill a giant sponge?
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: May 02, 2012, 10:16:08 am »

More importantly: would it kill a giant sponge?

I really do not have a clue.

Are we only able to use things in vanilla DF raws or use some of the stuff in our modded raws?  If we can use the modded raws, I'll bring approx. 4000 dragons with me to fight Ollifex.  That should do SOMETHING, right?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: May 02, 2012, 10:20:06 am »

I said mod in supernovae attacks. How much harder could it get?
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: May 02, 2012, 01:03:44 pm »

Well, other than being a solar system ending event that would destroy all life on the planet, and bathing the deepest caverns in deadly ionizing radiation and heat....

Not a whole lot is stopping you from modding it in.

Or were you looking more for a tactical nuke?

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: May 02, 2012, 01:07:45 pm »

Due to the fact that the size of a square is relative to what occupies it, you could fit an entire galaxy there if you wanted. So a focused supernova beam would be entirely reasonable.
Still, could it possibly kill the feared giant sponge?

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: May 02, 2012, 01:13:28 pm »

In this case I think even tactical nuclear weapons would be a bit too much. Collateral damage, radiation et cetera. Instead something like 105 mm howitzers. Or, you know... Something bigger.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: May 02, 2012, 02:12:33 pm »

Oh, please.  I believe a more subtle option is available.  Namely, we build a particle accelerator and bombard the Ollifex with antimatter.  A few well-placed antiprotons should incapacitate the beast with minimal disintegration of the surroundings.  Or, failing that, we go with Blizzlord's supernova idea.  We simply angle a high-mass star so that its rotation axis points to the Ollifex, then induce a catastrophic gravitational collapse.  The resulting gamma-ray burst will completely obliterate any living thing in its (very wide) path, which will hopefully include the Ollifex.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: May 02, 2012, 02:14:57 pm »

Oh, please.  I believe a more subtle option is available.  Namely, we build a particle accelerator and bombard the Ollifex with antimatter.  A few well-placed antiprotons should incapacitate the beast with minimal disintegration of the surroundings.  Or, failing that, we go with Blizzlord's supernova idea.  We simply angle a high-mass star so that its rotation axis points to the Ollifex, then induce a catastrophic gravitational collapse.  The resulting gamma-ray burst will completely obliterate any living thing in its (very wide) path, which will hopefully include the Ollifex.
I had almost forgotten about the gamma ray bursts form supernovae! I guess that is actually a better idea than I originally imagined.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: May 02, 2012, 03:01:42 pm »

GRB ionizes the atmosphere, overpowers the magnetosphere, and sterilizes the planet.

The ghost busters particle beam gun is far safer (all things considered).

I have a better idea though.  Obsidian casting. Nothing survives obsidian casting (except ghosts like me!)

Being dead already, a magma facial doesn't bother me.  Get the forms ready while I tease the ollifex relentlessly.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2454 on: May 02, 2012, 03:09:06 pm »

I propose we defeat the Ollifex by summoning an even bigger Oliollifex.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: May 02, 2012, 03:12:34 pm »

I vote we unleash a herd of Battleyaks!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: May 02, 2012, 03:57:29 pm »

Yaks eat too much grass.

I propose modding rabbits into "terrible creatures of ahhhhhhh"'s, and unleashing those on the ollifex.

Being tame, we can take them to the butchershop afterwards.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: May 02, 2012, 04:59:19 pm »

Perhaps I should explain.

Careful breeding programs have resulted in a bloodthirsty flesh eating beast in Yak form. It is known, as the battleyak.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: May 02, 2012, 05:53:30 pm »

GRB ionizes the atmosphere, overpowers the magnetosphere, and sterilizes the planet.

You say that like it'd be a bad thing.

Fine, I'll deal with it myself, without ending all life as we know it (since some people evidently have a problem with it).  With my modding abilities and gross disregard for Physics, it won't be a problem.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: May 02, 2012, 05:57:05 pm »

I said mod in supernovae attacks. How much harder could it get?

Then I had better start talking to the general to see if he'll send some troops.  It may not be 4000, but they might make a difference.  Maybe afterwards I can start some trade between this fort and the citadel.  If that is possible the only stuff that will come in the caravan will be giant animals and the finest armor, sold at bargain rates if I can convince the higher ups!  There is a catch though, the caravans will only go through HFS due to a superiority complex within their minds.  Started about the time they captured a "curious structure" and the surrounding area within HFS.  Best to not mention how you were behind the music attack on HFS.  They had to give up the structure to get away from the noise and only recaptured the previous area conquered after a long battle.

(I support the supernova beam weapon.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 214