Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 431347 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #2850 on: May 14, 2012, 08:12:02 pm »

"Joy."

The word wasn't quite as flat as the preceeding one, being bent with a hint of sarcasm and sardonic intonation.

Daring to loosen the carbon filter mask just enough to catch a whiff of unfiltered air, the unmistakable smell of ammonia, nitrogenated compounds, acetates, and sulfurous substances wafted from the direction of the creatures. Exactly where the odors originated was unclear. The clearly chemically ablated armor and weapons of the slayers was evident, and depending on how good their metal foundry processes were, could easily explain the sulfuric smell.

The ammonia and acetate smells were more disconcerting. Years of chemistry university classes spilled on top of each other.  Weak base, weak acid. Possibly a buffered pair solution to make the creatures resist the concentrated nitric acid they used to dissolve our guests? Suggests carnivorous organism, to have such a high blood ammonia content.. the acetate was more perplexing. That's a biproduct of reduction of alcohol, itself a reduction of sugars. To produce in high enough concentrations.... photosynthetic? Carnivorous, acid spewing plants?....

"Joy."

Whatever they were, they were fast.  The slayers all had their breast plates burned through, pools of orange vapor fuming red liquid sizzling and spreading on the floor.  The engravers would have a fit over this.

Need a distraction. ... bodies.

In a rough approximation of the correct gestures (the suit greaty limited range of motion. For the moment, he was very glad it was made from glass and ceramic. The creature's apparent main form of attack would have a very hard time breaking down the ablative armor of the suit.) Needed.

About a dozen half-digested and fuming humans rose from the floor, whailing on the flesh of the creatures.

Hastily, weird readjusted his gas mask, very greatful for its presence.  The nitrous oxide vapors released from the acid these creaters were puking could quickly incopacitate humans and dwarves, and was quite deadly in and of itself.

Fumbling for the correct chords to pull, he finally settled on concentrated chlorine, and hydrocyanate as the gas choices.

A bittersweet choking fume erupted from the gas port toward the creatures, who hd almost completey digested the proteins in the zombified human corpses now. An indescribable sound came from them as the greenish yellow vapor enveloped them, and exotic covalent bonding began to wreak havok on their biochemistry.

Doubtful that it would actually kill them, so much as simply make them very very sick, he quickly scooped up a vial of the greenish blue ichor they smeared on the wall from the aggressive chemical burns they had just sustained. Turning tail and heading for the doors, he was very happy to have sealed all the vents now.  While the gas he just ejected would have killed humans and dwarves almost instantly, it was slowly disrupting their metabolism and disrupting their own cafefully balanced protection from their own acids. If they could be sealed in the room under constant exposure, they *would* eventually die, but at the going rate, it would slowly, painfully, and most importantly, angrily. 

He had to get that filth to his lab for testing.  He suspected copper based respiration chemistry, but he couldn't be sure. Could be barium, or some exotic mix of cobolt and sodium for all he knew. Clearly, some kind of substitution metal to plug up their catalytic conversion of ammonia to nitric acid had to be devised, but there were so many plausible pathways to consider, that blundering was a dangerous reality.  Only science would tell. He had to get back to the lab.

Barricading the stone door behind him after sending another concentrated jet of the greenish yellow vapor into the room to displace the normal atmosphere, and to make those creatures know the meaning of pain, he charged down the corridor towards the lab..........

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: May 14, 2012, 08:15:16 pm »

"THE SCIENTIST IS RETURNING TO THIS STATION! INTERCEPT AND EXTERMINATE!"
"WE OBEY!"

Two Daleks came out of Weird's lab, the bunker doors closing behind them.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: May 14, 2012, 08:18:53 pm »

Kobold Spearmen trailed behind Weird, fighting off random creatures and Daleks as they lunged for him.

How I ended up helping my worst enemy, I dont know, meanwhile....

Kobolds were stealing pieces of metal and bringing it to the now-buried crystal, using them as picks, trying to reach it to assist the dragons.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: May 14, 2012, 08:19:59 pm »

The battle was going badly.  The unexpected assault from below caught the dragons unawares, and the armies who came to assist were losing badly.  ZTG was on a pile of bodies of friend, comrades, former enemies, and many others, but few of the abominations.  This pain and fury that he felt thus far came forth, and activated his latent neowalker spark.  Power surged through him, and he used a miniscule fraction to create darksteel armor to himself.  He then shouted, with great power behind it, across the battlefield so all could hear him across the multiverse,"IF THERE CAN BE NO VICTORY,....THEN I WILL FIGHT FOREVER!!!!"
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 08:25:12 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: May 14, 2012, 08:21:08 pm »

A Creeper leaps at the kobolds, but they jump back. It's explosion looses about 3 feet of rock, but the tunnel has a long way to go. "I'll hold them off!" Deebus called to the kobolds. "Keep digging!"

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: May 14, 2012, 08:21:45 pm »

A Creeper leaps at the kobolds, but they jump back. It's explosion looses about 3 feet of rock, but the tunnel has a long way to go. "I'll hold them off!" Deebus called to the kobolds. "Keep digging!"

What, no comment at my shout?  If you say anything, make sure your person is afraid (Clockwork Hugo) or cheerful (Everyone else), and notices the reverb.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 08:23:36 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: May 14, 2012, 08:23:46 pm »

Corai ran up to Deebus, with his Uzi he hadnt used in a while, pulled the trigger, no bullets.

...Damn it just help us! I need help taking down some slayers guarding the weapons stockpile, neither of our forces can last long with wooden spears.

Meanwhile, the kobolds managed to dig out the crystal, but it failed to respond.

Kobold1: Its not working....

Kobold2: WORK DAMNIT!

Kobold1: YOUR CRACK-

The explosion kills the two kobolds, the crystal blew up.
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #2857 on: May 14, 2012, 08:24:47 pm »

There comes a rumble, and a massive chunk of stone crashes down near Kofthefens's head. Kofthefens had been deep in the glassworks. Another boulder crashes down, sealing the entrance. Kofthefens peers upwards, spotting a slight sliver of light. Greatful for his skills in rock-climbing, he begins his ascent.
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: May 14, 2012, 08:26:08 pm »

The legendary figures continued to battle the foes they did not understand. They did not need to understand. They only needed to know how to make them stop moving. Most weapons seemed to be bouncing off the shells of the Daleks, but when Captain Ironblood threw an adamantine axe at one, it chopped the eyestalk clean off and stuck in the dome. "MY VISION IS IMPAIRED!" it screamed.
To his left, Cacame was hewing down slayers and creepers with his hammer. Vanod threw his spear and impaled three enemies with it.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: May 14, 2012, 08:26:46 pm »

Corai ran up to Deebus, with his Uzi he hadnt used in a while, pulled the trigger, no bullets.

...Damn it just help us! I need help taking down some slayers guarding the weapons stockpile, neither of our forces can last long with wooden spears.

Meanwhile, the kobolds managed to dig out the crystal, but it failed to respond.

Kobold1: Its not working....

Kobold2: WORK DAMNIT!

Kobold1: YOUR CRACK-

The explosion kills the two kobolds, the crystal blew up.

The slayers turned to your side after the battle began, fate of the world and all that.

What, no comment at my shout?  If you say anything, make sure your person is afraid (Clockwork Hugo) or cheerful (Everyone else), and notices the reverb.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: May 14, 2012, 08:28:36 pm »

@Zanzetkuken

Yeah but thats just kobolds, im the rebel this time.

THESE ARE THE SIDES SO FAR.

Everything trying to kill us all:

Daleks
Creepers
Clockwork Hugoluman
Goblins
Slayers
THE UNIVERSE ITSELF

Our side

Kobolds
Hugoluman
Deebus
Kobolds
Dwarves
Weird Joykill

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: May 14, 2012, 08:32:03 pm »

In my realm of the MULTIverse it is:

Clockwork Hugoluman and his abominations vs. everything else

Someone going to cover the shout and the reverb?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: May 14, 2012, 08:33:18 pm »

And dont forget Cacame Awebedibadaunprnounceble, the Hero of Nist Akath, Vanod, and Morul the Master of All Skills. What, I'm I the only one who knows these figures of forum legend?

The reverberating shout of ZTG shook the fortress, and a rock fell from the ceiling in a hallway. Many were filled with dread.
Dwarf: Ach nae!
Slayer: Oh no!
Kobold: Oh no!
A loud explosion rumbled as a wall exploded.
Super-Plump-Helmet man: OH YEAH!

ZTG's shout had summoned a new ally!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: May 14, 2012, 08:34:41 pm »

Did you actually pay attention to this post?:

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: May 14, 2012, 08:36:49 pm »

Kobold: Is that dragon insane, or just oblivous to the four thousand monsters surrounding him?

Kobold2: OH GOD ITS THAT PLUMP HELMET, IM NOT GOING BACK INTO YOUR VAN.
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 214