Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Marksmen Not Training  (Read 1130 times)

fishirboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Marksmen Not Training
« on: March 27, 2016, 03:31:46 pm »

I did not know if it was my on stupidity or something of the sort but I followed the wiki on how to set up marksmen and they will not train. I had it another way and they kind of stopped training after a while. I have a link to the game zip if you would like to download it and see.

They were training, They still had plenty of ammo yet still have the task no orders. The ammo is what they miss fired and yet will still not practice.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B99LSQjzeiUheXhLaVpVLURnbkE

Raven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marksmen Not Training
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 04:05:00 am »

Do they go picking up ammo from the stockpile? their quivers are full with ammo?

I have a similar issue, but they don't even pick up the bolts... dunno what's wrong
http://dwarffortressitalia.tumblr.com/

Italian blog about Dwarf Fortress

Il primo blog italiano su Dwarf Fortress

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 04:28:20 am »

So you're saying their only ammo is spent ammo?

Have you checked if the ammo is forbidden or not?

By default spent ammo is set to be forbidden, you can change this in the orders menu.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

fishirboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 08:35:57 am »

If you check the ammo it is all claimed already. The marksman will not even go collect the ammo that I have now put in bundles. There is plenty of stacks of 25 bolts.

*Note that when I produce more ammo in craft shops they will use it to train. But not the arrows that have been used. I am now under siege and will see if they will fire there bolts they have on them.

*Edit*
They will use the arrows to kill targets. But again I have a large amount of bolts stock pilled and they will not use them to train.

There is a good 500 bolts and will still not use them to shoot targets.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 10:26:40 am by fishirboy »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 12:03:12 pm »

Are your bolts enabled for training? What is your archery range like? Are marksdwarves able to path to the targets and stand at least two tiles away? Do the target zones overlap a barracks*?

*Can make them train more often, but I don't think it solves any issues where they won't at all.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

fishirboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 12:47:57 pm »

Are your bolts enabled for training? What is your archery range like? Are marksdwarves able to path to the targets and stand at least two tiles away? Do the target zones overlap a barracks*?

*Can make them train more often, but I don't think it solves any issues where they won't at all.

yes,big,yes,no

Everything is correct, yet they will still not train.

*Unless I make new bolts. But I am ready up to my neck in bolts.

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 05:12:09 pm »

Well, see if they start training if inactive.
I think there's some odd bug around which stops them from training when on duty , not sure if there's a fix to it.