Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1171014 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Year Four: Call of the Peach-faced Lovebird Men]
« Reply #1290 on: January 15, 2013, 11:30:18 am »

Starting to drink... NOW !

Spoiler:  Fuel for the evening (click to show/hide)

That's 4 bottles of 33cl (roughly 2/3rds of a pint) of strong beer, it's 7 degrees alcohol.
and then one bottle of lidenmans faro, which is 25cl (1/2 pint) and around 4,2 degrees alcohol.

11:21 Starting to drink my first glass, i should be sufficiently inebriated in one hour. I'll download the fort soon when I will be, and will edit this post when I feel the need to.
11:32 Finished to drink first glass, yeah i took ten minutes to drink it because i had other things to do. Feeling pretty good for now.
11:42 Downloading Scruffy's save. nearly finished with the first bottle. Felt enthusiastic and poured too much, getting some foam and beer on my table. ah well. (I'm not yet drunk by the way, it's just... enthusiasm)
11:45 oh odin that save is pretty damn big. Finished my first bottle. I've got a pleasant tingle a bit everywhere.
11:50 Opening save. For now it doesn't look that horrible for a drunk fort. (I'm sure i'm gonna choke on these words for a while...)
11:55 Most amusingly, the fort looks pretty sane, apart from perhaps the ridiculously large farm plots and the anti-flooding device. Defense seems decent enough. Hmm. I need to get out, I'll go drink something at the bar. Next update in something like 1/2 hour. (Not drunk enough to play drunk fort)
12:21 Back from the bar. Drunk a very good beer, 25cl Lindemans Faro beer, not very alcoholized but very tasty.
Now for the second chimay...
12:31 Dorfed myself. I took a swordsdwarf and gave him a sufficiently awesome name.

12:46 Finished second bottle of Chimay. Let's say my dexterity is slightly impaired vut i can still type corrrectly. Most of the time.
05:01 Damn it... i got stupidly asleep. I still have 2 bottles of drink and i think it will be enough. Well, continuing to drink.
05:11 Well, some stormstrooper (it's V-1453) got pretty gravely wounded by a goblin thief. I send military against him.

KILL HIM ! FOR THE EMPIRE !
05:16 The vile goblin escapes unscathed. Well, that does not bode well for the security of this fort.
05:24 Finishing third Chimay, sadly the effect of the two first ones seems to have mostly disappeared.. Maybe I'll go to some other bar because i don't know if 2 chimay will be enough.
05:27 a kidnapper has get out with dwarvn baby stakud arustoltar. Not sure if should care. Maybe. Is there a dining room in this fort ?
05:29 Considering my state, I think one other chimay would be enough. Well there is chairs and tables but they're not designed into dining toom. Fixing this already.
05:32 I'm not sure who the fuck designed this hospital and why it seems to be some thing that you see if people will die or not rather than an hopsital. Need to imrprove it.

05:40 Some stormstropper gave birth to a girl. No i don't care.
05:41 well shit the game crashed. Hopefully I saved just 5 minutes ago. Damn zooming crash.
05:44 Well, time to designate a well for the hospital. We'll see how it works and if i don't get a FB rampaging through my hospital.. I'll aslo ask for a torturing rack traction bcnh.
05:47 oh wait i can lock the well and link it to the river. Damn miners digging gold like crazy. Who cares about gold ? It's not like we need more dwarves.
05:55 Finished designing the hospital's well. This should go well, I think i'm not ddrunk enough to flood the fort with water.
05:57 Canceling all the gold-digging. It's not like we have already tons of gold nuggets already.
06:00 Must... order... more drinks. 60 should be enough for a while.
06:06 The farms are really obnoxious right now. I'm decreasing them to a more reasonabl size...
06:11 Making more stills. also this is a mess. I'm trying to finish my hospital well but it's more annoying than anything else.
06:17 Nearly finished with the chimay. Here's the glorious and beautiful state of the farms:

yeah it's quite a mess. a fucking gigantic mess even so,and i'm not holding my words.
06:21 Well the manager is smelting limonite. I mean yes smelting limonite is a most florious and dwarven job, but the damn managr; How i am supposed to issue work orders then ???
06:23 We're in the end of opal. It's been one month that I've been here and it's still a gigantic dwarven bunch of crap, randomness and poorly thoguht out stuff. Must prepare for the end-of-season ambush, hell I'll bet it'll be a siege considering the very number of dwarves here.
06:28 attempting to protect our main fort entry with traps. We'll see how it works.
06:32 Why is there some secondary fort entrance at the mercy og gobs ???? i'll lock it right away, here you go floor
06:34 another stormtrooper has given birth to a boy. dman it game stop annyoging me with useuless stuff
06:36 opening dwarf therapist. hopefully it'll annoy me less with the logistical nightmar of 120 dwarves or something like that.
06:43 damn it nobody can do anything right in this fort. half of the whip vine harvest has withered outside. people can't build my trap system. WHYYYYY?????
06:50 FUCK. THE DaMN ZOOM FEVTURE RUINED ME. EVERYTHING HaS BEEN DESTROYED. DaMN STUPID GaEM CRaSHED. KILL ! Maim ! Burn ! armok give me your strength, i must KILL whoever is responsible !
...What do you mean it was me ? grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 06:51:46 pm by Naryar »

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #1291 on: January 15, 2013, 03:20:52 pm »

I'm excited to see what happens! And Chimay is very good Belgian ale; Piraat and Gulden Draak are also excellent. If I had only one beer for the rest of my life, it'd either be Eisbock or a Belgian ale.

Nonsequitorian

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs alcohol to get through the day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: January 15, 2013, 03:34:08 pm »

Bah! Ein Deutsches Bier ist das beste Bier!

Or an English one. I like English beers. Hell Irish ones are good too (though I'm not so fond of them).

Also, don't want to be a buzz kill, but will you be sufficiently drunk off that much? I find that a liter of beer isn't all that hard to deal with. You've about 1.5 liters of a heavy beer. Eh. I guess that's enough. I don't drink heavy beer all that much (though not light or lite beer, because why?), so I'm not so sure. You wouldn't be dead, that's for positive.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 03:41:21 pm by Nonsequitorian »

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: January 15, 2013, 04:19:45 pm »

Hmmm, sudden surprising lack of update...

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: January 15, 2013, 05:00:30 pm »

Lol I randomly fell asleep for 5 hours. But I'm fine now.

I'll be drinking moar and then update.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 05:04:28 pm by Naryar »

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: January 15, 2013, 05:48:25 pm »

Lol I randomly fell asleep for 5 hours.

Unintentional unconsciousness.  Truly a danger with this playstyle.
At last, she is done.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: January 15, 2013, 05:49:51 pm »

Lol I randomly fell asleep for 5 hours.

Unintentional unconsciousness.  Truly a danger with this playstyle.

Yeah, it happens. Hopefully i'm in an awake, and just noticing the madness.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: January 15, 2013, 07:01:10 pm »

oh god the game crashed again. Without me staying

FUCK ! FUCK ! It's the same thing and happens nearly all the time ! nearly every single time i touch that touchpad the game zooms out so much that it crashes ! What a bunch of bullshit !

Well, I'm out. Consider this turn invalid, because if I continue it's going to happen again thrice (when I'm NOT drinking it happens 3 times a year already) and my patience is already streched to the excess. Not to mention I don't think of saving each week, and it's obnoxious. (Feel free to laugh at my misfortune)

Sorry, couldn't do it. I'm gonna do something else because i'm never going to gett to the end of year at that rate. Yeah, drunken ragequit. Don't care.

Maybe i'll try it again next week, if I manage to do it at least.

Need me to play some Dawn of War. Hopefully it'll be cathartic.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 07:07:21 pm by Naryar »

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: January 15, 2013, 07:41:15 pm »

05:32 I'm not sure who the fuck designed this hospital and why it seems to be some thing that you see if people will die or not rather than an hopsital. Need to imrprove it.
The main reason for hospital is to gather all the near-dead peasants in one room to help with the corpse hauling logistics. It is kind of like a proactive corpse stockpile.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh8mNjeuyV4
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #1299 on: January 15, 2013, 09:07:56 pm »

Well, I'm out. Consider this turn invalid, because if I continue it's going to happen again thrice (when I'm NOT drinking it happens 3 times a year already) and my patience is already streched to the excess. Not to mention I don't think of saving each week, and it's obnoxious. (Feel free to laugh at my misfortune)
Oh no... I'm sorry, Naryar, that's terrible. I mean seriously, crashes in DF are infuriating... If you have ANYTHING to put up save-wise, we can use it. And nobody here will laugh at your misfortune--that's reserved solely for people who get so drunk they can't function, because their finished turns are hilarity. I hope you're able to do something with it again in the future, because you seem a perfect fit in our Blasted Brotherhood :P

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: January 15, 2013, 09:32:44 pm »

You're not the first to drunken ragequit. I did too, if it makes you feel better.
Absolutely maddening, that.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: January 15, 2013, 09:46:42 pm »

Oh no... I'm sorry, Naryar, that's terrible. I mean seriously, crashes in DF are infuriating... If you have ANYTHING to put up save-wise, we can use it. And nobody here will laugh at your misfortune--that's reserved solely for people who get so drunk they can't function, because their finished turns are hilarity. I hope you're able to do something with it again in the future, because you seem a perfect fit in our Blasted Brotherhood :P

Nope, no save. I would if I had thought of saving stuff. Sorry about that.

I will definitely stay here and attempt a few more turns because this is quite fun. It's just that I did it wrong this day.

Well, at least there's a quarter of a post of me attempting to play the straight man and be drunk at the same time.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 09:56:20 pm by Naryar »

absynthe7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: January 15, 2013, 11:51:37 pm »

These turns have been amazing. I have to say, though, I'm surprised at how non-lethal the current iteration of the fort seems  ???

I might have to take a turn again soon, but not likely 'till the weekend.  :D

Nonsequitorian

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs alcohol to get through the day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: January 16, 2013, 03:16:41 am »

You're not the first to drunken ragequit. I did too, if it makes you feel better.
Absolutely maddening, that.

I did something of that too. I literally couldn't play anymore after it crashed, or I would die (because drunk logic).

But yeah, these turns have been really good.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: January 16, 2013, 04:44:18 am »

Popping in to say that this is good. Also, I tried staying up for 3 days and it turns out I become paranoid, crazy, and insanely vengeful, like plotting each minute of torture for 12 days on a piece of paper for something they didn't even do vengeful, but not drunklike.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 341