Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: Testing something Quickly: Mad Science May be Included.  (Read 16548 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Testing something Quickly: Mad Science May be Included.
« Reply #240 on: December 06, 2013, 04:31:43 pm »

I don't really enjoy 'minimalists' per say. I like game posts to have a meat in em, but I do not enjoy writing out pages of speech or character, yes.

I miss Gat.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 07, 2013, 09:34:53 am »

You press a button on the machine and the tank slowly rises from it's embedded position and is drained of fluid as it centers itself over the floor in front of you. After a few seconds the bottom of the tank opens and the creature falls a few feet to the ground. It lays there for a few seconds, breathing hard, before raising up it's head and looking around. It's head isn't much more then an eyeball covered lump attached to a longish neck, its two original eyes glowing green while the mass of random humanoid eyes flick about, looking around. Its mass of tendrils, which grow from the spaces between the eyes, and occasionally have a few eyes on them themselves, slowly and delicately sway and glide through the air, touching everything around them gingerly. They seem to act almost independently of the rest the creature.

Two underdeveloped antennae wiggle like stumpy feathers on its head and its clear, thin, black laced carapace glints like broken glass on the parts of it that aren't covered in shell or eyeballs. It rises to it's stubby, taloned feet and begins moving slowly around the room, half walking, half slithering on it's fat, snake-like abdomen. It's heavy shell is clearly slowing an already not terribly quick creature down, and you can hear it's massive, oversized teeth scrap against the ground as its inner jaw snaps lazily.

Welp, that's a successful test I think.
Hmm.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think I need to reread the individual updates, it feels like I'm remembering things wrong.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 07, 2013, 10:18:50 am »

D'awww. It's so abominably cute and terribly huggable!

I wonder where its xenomorph-mouth is, though.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 07, 2013, 10:50:06 am »

In its normal mouth.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 07, 2013, 12:04:33 pm »

Kinda looks like gaping dragon. Mission accomplished.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]