Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 434904 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 10: This is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #1635 on: August 12, 2013, 04:05:21 am »

wake up from awesome nap. Go find where the fightan is gonna be or some shit.
((It took a massive blast of hellfire which razed part of a city off the planet to wake him up? Damn he's heavy sleeper. I'd hate to see what his alarm clock looks like.))
((Explosions do not equal proscribed duties. It is not easy to raise a bureaucrat if he does not wish to be woken.

Speaking of, what is the protocol for giant unsanctioned explosions? How would the apologies look exactly?))
((Well, this is the HMRC, so I take it we should issue a respectful formal apology for everyone affected by it and offer them compensation. And by that, I mean, leave no witnesses. Hell, leave no witnesses of witnesses, we can't allow meta-witnesses to interfere with standard operating procedure.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: August 12, 2013, 02:39:14 pm »

((Actually, I think Tiruin has the right idea- blame it on a storm.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: August 12, 2013, 02:44:39 pm »

((Clearly, it's a sign of the coming apocalypse, which wouldn't be a problem if more people just had faith in the Radiant One and didn't grow so restless.

Wait, that's actually technically true, one might say.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: August 12, 2013, 07:20:56 pm »

((What did I miss? O_o))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: August 12, 2013, 07:35:04 pm »

((What did I miss? O_o))
((Nothing, nothing at all. Just a funny joke, he he he. It may look like a giant explosion, but it was just someone fillint out the paperwork. That's all. Don't look behind you.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: August 12, 2013, 07:37:10 pm »

((...I'm curious. :I What's that about?))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: August 12, 2013, 07:37:37 pm »

((Clearly, it's a sign of the coming apocalypse, which wouldn't be a problem if more people just had faith in the Radiant One and didn't grow so restless.

Wait, that's actually technically true, one might say.))

((/toosoon))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: August 12, 2013, 08:52:41 pm »

((Storm hit. Bad storm. Sorry. Apologies.))
((No worries.))

"..We are the ones who stayed back right? The ones who the messenger said should stay back at the Palace?

"I think duty calls."

Need to be more organized. ...Had to be the leader.

Rally Lyra and Grate and begin..err, checking out what was mentioned beforehand-anything going against our objective?

Move out of barracks and assess situation.

"Does this mean we get to put some bad guys in jail? What kind of bad guys are they? Do they have guns and masks? Did they steal something? Did they kill someone? Is it Zen? What will we do with them? Do we have handcuffs? Ooh, can we say one-liners? Those are cool."
Follow Ms. Feyri, excited.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: August 12, 2013, 08:53:32 pm »

((Who the hell is Zen?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: August 12, 2013, 08:57:44 pm »

((Who the hell is Zen?))
((xAN, BUT NOT REMEMBERED RIGHT.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: August 12, 2013, 08:58:26 pm »

((Who the hell is Zen?))
((xAN, BUT NOT REMEMBERED RIGHT.))
((Ah.
Caps lock is on, by the way.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1646 on: August 13, 2013, 12:02:32 am »

((Damn, that was some serious luck on my part. I mean, a 6+1 on an action intended to harm me? Would have expected that to permakill me. This, though, is way more fun.))

Stacy sees that he is somehow still alive. This gladdens his craven soul most admirably, and he worms his way out of the ash as quickly as he can. He addresses Xan.

"Man, I'd be mad at you for trying to use your amp on me, but I have to say, what you just did was cool enough to warrant an apology on my part. Sorry for shooting you in the foot, spooky man. Need any help getting up? I think we should probably stop our patrol and vacate the premises. Unless you'd like to bask in some human suffering, that is."

If he doesn't particularly object, tango with Xan back to the palace. Take the gun with me as well. Or, better yet, hand it over to Xan. He surely is more competent with such a thing, yes?

The fact that you survived that is more than enough to take you off my kill list, old one.

Accept help up. Hobble back to the palace.
Stacy gets up, trailing ash, and walks over to Xan. Despite his suit, he still feels like he caught a terrible sunburn. Xan, on the other hand, is even worse off. His suit protected him for the most part, but the hole in his boot let in some of the heat. Is leg from about the knee down is nothing but charcoal. Luckily for him it doesn't bleed or hurt; there's nothing left to do either of those things.

They both slowly hobble away from the scene of the crime-being the two completely unhurt people standing in the middle of that burn crater probably isn't the best idea, PR wise-toward May's current position. The buildings in all directions are burning violently and people are running in from near by, trying to put out the fires and help the injured. Men with blackened, bleeding skin stagger around  blindly or sit, slumped against ashen walls.  Strange colored flames rise from the burning stores as their assorted merchandise dissolves in flames. 

"Map this place out, Grate, and help me coordinate with the others. Find someone in authority who conducts the security detail."
"Yes, ma'am! Did you hear something?"

Salute Feyri, then misunderstand instructions by mapping the room.

"Done! What now?"

You promptly map the room itself. It's pretty small, so it's easy.

Go immediately to the gatehouse. watch for potential invading armies along the way, and avoid them if possible. once there look for any HMRC personnel, particularly Faith. if none are found, block the area. if only Faith is found, leave and return to Feyri. if non-Faith HMRC people are found, walk over to them and look at whatever they're looking at.
You walk to the gate house and are confronted with an odd scene: Two HMRC members attempting to calm a crowd of what looked like spooked backpackers. Neither of them are Faith-one is that sword guy, and the other is some new person you don't really know. For some reason you don't have much faith in them.

((What happened to May's +1 to Conventional Weapons?))

Decide that the man is to injured to bother with, head back to Stacy and Xan to survey the damage.
You meet stacy and xan near the edge of the burnt area, hobbling along, attempting not to look suspicious. It's hard to tell with the darkness and the smoke, but you're pretty sure they did a hell of a job on this market.

(( ... welp. ))

By Radio: ... Gate guard to barracks. Something in the township just exploded. Going to assume it was our patrol. Just informing you. what else can go wrong...

Get at least one of the men's attention, gesture at the palace, then the explosion, then gesture at them. Then mime taking off a backpack.
Your miming falls on...blind eyes? You're really not quite sure how to phrase that.

Anyways, they see it, but they just start yelling at you in panicked yelps. You're not sure if they're accusing you or asking for help or just projecting their frightened audio juices on you.

wake up from awesome nap. Go find where the fightan is gonna be or some shit.
You wake up and look out the window. Well, it looks like the town is partially on fire...so that might be a good place to start.

Try to calm down the strangers with the help of the phrasebook. Ask the questions from before, use dynamic bonus. Enter BT mode if hostilities begin.

[speech: 1+1]

You forget how reading works. You can feel your brain melting.

((Storm hit. Bad storm. Sorry. Apologies.))

"Done! What now?"
Feyri sighed.

Don't get exasperated..nothing big. Or stress-y. That too an-

By Radio: ... Gate guard to barracks. Something in the township just exploded. Going to assume it was our patrol. Just informing you. what else can go wrong...

"..We are the ones who stayed back right? The ones who the messenger said should stay back at the Palace?

"I think duty calls."

Need to be more organized. ...Had to be the leader.

Rally Lyra and Grate and begin..err, checking out what was mentioned beforehand-anything going against our objective?

Move out of barracks and assess situation.

The situation? Well, lets see. The two most senior team members-you and faith- are semi-comatose and completely comatose, in that order. The only other reasonable people are standing around guarding the gate, attempting to talk to a group of very horrified backpackers. Meanwhile, a transhuman sociopath, a guy who can't stop dancing and May are wandering around a defenseless township. And they just blew part of it up.

Also stacy still has a fucking Nuke. Dancy pants has a nuke.

A nuke.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: August 13, 2013, 12:06:38 am »

A nuke.
((This nuke is a ticking time bomb. We really shouldn't be trusted with the responsibility of caring for it. It's exchausting to keep worrying that it blows up.

We should just blow it up, and that way Stacy won't have a nuke. Problem solved!))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: August 13, 2013, 02:55:10 am »

"Okay, so, what do you guys think - when we get back, do we try to come up with a good reason why this whole thing happened, plead ignorance or tell the cruel truth?"

Keep on hobbling back to base. Patrolling probably wouldn't do much good with the state we're in, particularly since the market district seems pretty screwed.

A nuke.
((This nuke is a ticking time bomb. We really shouldn't be trusted with the responsibility of caring for it. It's exchausting to keep worrying that it blows up.

We should just blow it up, and that way Stacy won't have a nuke. Problem solved!))

((Luckily, there should be the perfect riot to use it on soon enough!))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: August 13, 2013, 05:49:16 am »

(( You posted late today. :P ))
Also, YAY! I qualify as semi-reasonable! ))

Ugh, this isn't getting anywhere... Barracks, does anyone know where the messenger is? I think at this point we should just pass things up the chain, starting with these 5. Hmm...
Hey barracks, two questions. 1) Do the girls back there know this language everyone's speaking? and 2) are they willing to leave the barracks? We could really use a proper translator down here.

Make plaintive gestures at the men, then point at the barracks and indicate that they should head there
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 243