LIVE!
- 4 (50%)
Eh. Dont care.
- 0 (0%)
Asea, you lazy git...
- 4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 70

Author Topic: Department of Armaments-Weapon Design Game-Dead. Please Lock.  (Read 97857 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Department of Armaments-Weapon Design Game
« Reply #150 on: July 04, 2015, 08:05:55 pm »

Please vote in the poll, it just cleans things up alot.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 04, 2015, 09:56:43 pm »

Writing up the turn while under the influence of pina colada and coffee ice cream. Funk plan is the winner. Turn here in less than an hour, or possibly two. Same post.

Funk plan incomplete. Reverting to barrel plan.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 10:03:17 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 04, 2015, 11:44:46 pm »

Second Half of 1933

With the initial, basic design of the Ray class complete, the team ordered to build another apparently decided to build something amazing. In addition to what the design initially orders, they added a number of other features that had been argued over earlier in the year.

The resulting craft, christened to be the "Skat", was built to have a far longer range and to be able to carry external loads of... whatever is needed.

Work on building a second CDV, meanwhile, went less well. There where a number of setbacks which caused slightly more material than originally needed to be used. Otherwise, the resulting ship is a bog-standard CDV M1933.

In the workshops, new designs are worked on to great success. With new aircraft on the island, and an airport just begging to be filled with new craft, the design teams realize that they need an engine to put in these aircraft. To this end, they design the AE M1933, nicknamed the "hurricane". The resulting engine, made of an alloy of aluminum that reduces weight without reducing strength, may be just the thing for an interceptor to deal with any bombers that may move to attack our fair nation. Some people have expressed worry, however, that it may be confused with the AEMM1932.

Spoiler: AE M1933 "Hurricane" (click to show/hide)

Nearby to the engine team, a second team works on creating the tank gun for all jobs, the ATHM1933. The team has all sorts of ideas on how to make it amazing. The team also designed some munitions for it, including smoke, HE, AP, and even something they call APCRBC. Most of the other teams think they had a few toomany drinks that night.

Spoiler: ATHM1933 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: traits(you get two) (click to show/hide)

Remember that aircraft engine that is designed for interceptors? Well, a team of people went to work designing a gun that could well render their job moot. Called the AATS M1933 'HiLo', this 105mm cannon has a rate of fire well over what was ordered, along with having a longer range and even being lighter. The ATHM team is slightly worried, and may well have good reason as the team also designed a set of amazing rounds for it, including AP, HE, Frag, Smoke, WP, along with a round that, after testing, they destroyed all papers on it. Apparently it was too powerful... Still, the cost of the weapon is nothing to be sniffed at.

Spoiler:  AATSM1933 'HiLo' (click to show/hide)

Meanwhile, in the land of factories and similar, the remaining production lines are tooled, with the first batch of parts for T-18 tanks coming off to be immediately whisked away by the waiting tank crews, while the first batch of EAMM1932s are promptly stolen by crews jsut itching to start learning about their new mortars.

Spoiler: Yearly Production (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Current Requests (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Personnel (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Completed Projects (click to show/hide)

Wow. Just... Wow. Crit wins on every sodding design. Minor win on the sub
Yes, ship construction can result in fun things if off production line, and one success so good I dident even have a name for it. Well, you guys got some stuff to do, so have at it.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 01:13:59 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 05, 2015, 12:41:50 am »

« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 10:03:17 pm by coleslaw35 »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 05, 2015, 03:29:14 am »

(I'm afraid I don't know how to use the Spoiler function, so forgive me for length.)
My vote for the traits for the "Hurricane":
Even fucking lighter
MORE POWER!
This will be such a huge increase in speed.

My vote for the traits for the ATHM1933:
Quick Reload
Accurate
I feel like this combination would be extremely strong. Obviously due to the fact that there's more potential for shots to be squeezed out and they'll be more accurate.

My vote for the traits for the "HiLo":
Autoloader!
Accurate
Cheapo
Autoloader because of the default higher firerate than the anti-tank gun (which doesn't really make sense tbh considering it's such a big cannon, much larger than the anti-tank one). Accurate because, well, you know, this thing is big and strong, so if it'll hit it's mark it'll really do some damage. Lastly, Cheapo. Honestly, I'm not sure if I really prefer this one, I'll leave it to you guys.
+1 from me.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 05, 2015, 03:30:56 am »

Votes on traits:

Hurricane: - Lighter, more power: This is now a proper engine, ahead of our time! Export markets anyone?
ATHM1933: - Small crew, Autoloader: As said, its nothing to be fancied about. Still, it will work as a future tank gun for medium tanks, if we can also work on the manpower requirement. For the time being, can we fit them on the T18 chassis as tank destroyers?
AATSM1933 HiLo: Autoloader, accurate, small crew: This will be our main line of defense against... literally anything which has a chance of reaching our shores.

What are we lacking now:
- Coordination on naval building. Because I hate putting crews into things which ought to be built continuously. Not to mention that they will want the dock back.
- Small arms production. Because we lack them, high time.
- Munitions. Especially we have a multitude of calibers now!
- On aircraft, we lack both Anti-sub and basic air power projection. A couple of dive bombers will work nicely.
- Helmets, as we are not exactly high on manpower.
- More Manpower.
- We could care less before we have more Manpower. We don't want to end up with guns without hands to fire them.

So I end up with this list:

Construction:
- Naval Factory, 2x1000t capacity
- Munitions Factory, as large as practical
- Small Arms Factory, as large as practical

Designs:

Spoiler: Dive Bomber "Baklan" (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Iron Helmet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Machine pistol (click to show/hide)

"Free" actions:
- Import manpower. Import manpower. Import manpower. Plokhoy Ostrov Stronk.
- Buy pistols to match our Machine pistol design.
- Buy obsolete weapons on the market as long as no new calibers are introduced and they are actually useful.
- Do we have an idea of what is on the market at the moment? we can afford to be opportunistic.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 03:33:26 am by evilcherry »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 05, 2015, 12:34:57 pm »

For weapons that are available on the market, well, if it is being made at that time, or prior to that time, than you can buy them.

For the T-18 tank destroyer, turreted or fixed gun?
Highly Opinionated Fool

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 05, 2015, 12:57:40 pm »

Ok, hold up... We're trying to put a cannon like this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordnance_QF_25-pounder#/media/File:QF-25-pounder-beyt-hatotchan-2.jpg    (I use this as a reference because the caliber is the same and the barrel length is only a few centimeters off, compared to our AT gun)
Onto this?:
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/soviet-tank-t-18-12703308.jpg

Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but if this is the case, I don't think it'd really be feasible without having huge modifications made to the chassis, if not a whole new chassis to mount this thing on. Plus, I don't think the T-18 chassis is something we'd want to mount such a gun on due to the thin armor. It'd be too soft a target, in my opinion. I'd suggest a chassis design, but I've gone over my suggestion limit :P
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 01:04:23 pm by coleslaw35 »

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 05, 2015, 01:08:28 pm »

This sounds like a really big plane, and you plan on making this a dive bomber? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like it'd be too large/heavy to effectively pull out of a dive.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 05, 2015, 01:14:39 pm »

Ok, hold up... We're trying to put a cannon like this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordnance_QF_25-pounder#/media/File:QF-25-pounder-beyt-hatotchan-2.jpg    (I use this as a reference because the caliber is the same and the barrel length is only a few centimeters off, compared to our AT gun)
Onto this?:
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/soviet-tank-t-18-12703308.jpg

Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but if this is the case, I don't think it'd really be feasible without having huge modifications made to the chassis, if not a whole new chassis to mount this thing on. Plus, I don't think the T-18 chassis is something we'd want to mount such a gun on due to the thin armor. It'd be too soft a target, in my opinion. I'd suggest a chassis design, but I've gone over my suggestion limit :P
That's basically a SU-18. Though that also means a better tank chassis is needed...

This sounds like a really big plane, and you plan on making this a dive bomber? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like it'd be too large/heavy to effectively pull out of a dive.
Yes I based that on the Ju 88 rather than the real Stuka Ju 87. Maybe we just settle on a Ju 88-lite? Or should we first design a fighter?

... Thinking on that, maybe the thing we need urgently now, is another caliber. This time a 20mm HMG.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 01:30:08 pm by evilcherry »

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 05, 2015, 01:34:43 pm »

That's basically a SU-18. Though that also means a better tank chassis is needed...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes I based that on the Ju 88 rather than the real Stuka Ju 87. Maybe we just settle on a Ju 88-lite? Or should we first design a fighter?

I agree with a new chassis being designed.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Ah, the Ju-88. I see now, that sounds more plausible. However; we don't have much in the way of fighters YET, I think someone designed some but we never actually got them built. I feel like we should get fighters first, then bombers. Wouldn't want our bombers to be unprotected, their gunners can only do so much.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 05, 2015, 04:09:57 pm »

Spoiler: Trait votes (click to show/hide)

Now, a single design

Spoiler: Torpedo (click to show/hide)

Then, production :

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So, we need, at the very least :

2 Naval Lines
1 Aircraft Line
1 Ground Line
6 Gun production lines
8 Ammunition Production lines

For that matter, construction proposals, while thinking of the future :

Spoiler: Grand Production plan (click to show/hide)

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 05, 2015, 04:23:05 pm »

T-18 Tank [To be honest, I think this one should be phased out as soon as possible]

- 37 mm ammunition

For that matter, construction proposals, while thinking of the future :

Spoiler: Grand Production plan (click to show/hide)

I agree that we should phase out the T-18. It's outdated and weak. I believe we talked about designing a new chassis though.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
37mm ammunition? I forgot, what weapon(s) is that for?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Those are a lot of construction proposals, but ebbor is right. Expanding our production capacity would greatly help in in securing our stocks of equipment.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 05, 2015, 04:31:06 pm »

The T-18 requires it.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile