_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1707 1708 [1709] 1710 1711 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5760584 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship; Magical Space Earrings
« Reply #25620 on: September 12, 2014, 01:18:46 am »

Milno smiles like he's so used to, tilting his head very slightly to the right and raising his sharp-fingered left prosthetic hand. "Let's be frank here, we did perfect according to you but it'll not always be the case so I'll milk this for what was done. What do you think it's fair, Steve? I think a minimum of eight tokens for each of us, but more's readily accepted." he states, trying to get a good harvest for his team. It's not certain they'll always do as good as they just did and he isn't going to be too modest and meek when they need tokens, Rookie and Skylar probably even more so since they're the least experienced members of the team that went to Mission 13.

"Talking of which, outstanding job, everyone. Make sure you don't fuck up next time either."

Negotiations up. Eight tokens for each one or higher. Ten tokens each count as great in my book.

((I'll also add my level up to the wiki later.))

After the debriefing, Milno waves to his team and leaves for the barracks. He undresses and heads into the showers, idly registering the last mission didn't bring him any new scars. His body has already been battered so many times it is hard to count, all in a period of... It is actually hard to discern how time passes; he could only feel time moving "properly" while they were back in Hephaestus. Living in a spaceship and getting in and out of stasis only to spend most of your time risking your hide is a mess no sane human being can handle. The memories of his life before the HMRC seem far away, but he isn't attacked by some sad nostalgia anyway.

Milno gets into the usual attire of gray shorts and shirt and stretches for a moment before checking over part of his belongings and then heading to the armory, hair still letting a few drops of water fall on the floor now and then. Upon arrival the boy - no, the man - focuses his eyes on the armory master and says "I need to talk to you." He has one of his hands behind his back.

Armory Master time.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 12:29:13 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25621 on: September 12, 2014, 01:33:21 am »

"You mind if I test this out a bit on something Steve? Something that's not liable to kill the bloody lot of us?"

"Who are you talking to?"

"Do you reckon this'd work better with a gauss generator and the capacitors from one of the rifles? The backpack's fine and all, but I really don't want to be lugging the damn thing around on some bloody mission. Keep the charging socket thing open though, might be handy. But yeah, I'd rather it all on the gun. If you can do that, then the sniper rifle is yours. If you can't, just jerry-rig all the bits into the backpack so it can generate and store a bit more juice. Should be heaps of room in there."

"It would have helped if you were more specific at the start about what you want. Your choice of rifles does not work well. Is maybe more expensive, too."

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25622 on: September 13, 2014, 02:26:50 am »

Skylar nods briefly at Milno. I agree, though I had a question... Skylar points at the recovered data drive. Do you mind if we look at that? I'm curious about some of the things the priest had to say while he was diving the target. Hoping for a little substance to the rambling.

Agree and ask.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #25623 on: September 13, 2014, 12:18:42 pm »

(Hmm, well, I got what I wanted to know out of the simulation for now. Time to engage in a bit of meta and leave the sim just in case I want to go on the next mission. :P)

Jim makes a savestate in the sim for future reference and logs out, then looks around the rec room to see what's going on.
Severed arms being hi fived, people milling about, etc. Not a whole lot since half the people left on their three hour tour.

"You could tell me why the fuck you keep that freak Doctor on the ship you lunatic"

Lars bowed deeply toward Steve, and made holy signs with his hands.  "I exist to serve.  I will defer any judgement of performance to Saint Milno, as he lead the operation."

He shivered slightly, then spoke again.  "Most Holy Steve... was the data related to the Doctor?  The man seemed... rather afraid of him."

>It was. And he was. For good reason; the Doctor isn't very happy with the UWM. If I were them, I'd be nervous too.

((Oh god, that went so much better than expected  :D))

Ulrich Leland. Location: Hangar

That god damn dog fucking asshole of altered cow... AAAAAAARG! Ulrich screams in his mind.

Open the lock and go to Infirmary to be healed. Plan for revenge!

Spoiler: Description (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats & Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Hard to open the lock from the inside, friendo.

Have any break outs ever reached this room? Actually, have any escape attempts ever been successful to any degree?
Other than that, let us proceed, I think.

Ask. Move on.
"Attempted and reached here? Yes. Gotten beyond it? No."

Next he shows you up to the Gauss cannon. This involves another airlock,and a trip through a metal umbilical into weightlessness. The actual interior of the gauss cannon, or what you can see, is rather boring; the maintenance corridors only extend along the outside of the barrel and a bit into the magazine.
"As you know, the Cannons are actually separate from the body of the ship and can move around on it, enabling the ship to fire regardless of orientation.   This has the downside that the magazine for the gun has to be carried with it rather then being left deeper in the ship and having rounds channeled up to it. There are magazines in the ship which resupply the main one in the cannon from set points on the ship exterior, but all actual firing is done using this smaller, external magazine. The power for the cannon does, however, come from the ship's generator, though the use conducting plates which line the rails the cannon uses to move around on. The cannon itself is relatively short for one of its kind, but the loss in power and accuracy is made up for using automanips which run along the length of the barrel. These manips are far more exacting then those on an average UWM cannon; theirs will reduce the weight of the shell by around 75%. Our will reduce between 97 and 99%, meaning that the shell weighs almost nothing until it exits the barrel, allowing for greater acceleration then would normally be possible."

"It seems like a simple task. This is probably an incorrect impression."

Attach the adapter to the battery slot (figure out if battery is supposed to be removed first or not along the way), attach the cord to the backpack, and then to the gun in an appropriate fashion. Am I done? Give it to Sambo to test out on something.

Then consider how to attach the relevant bits of one gauss rifle in a rechargariffic manner to the laser rifle if I do not keep my dynamic bonus on that. If I do, just do it..

We'll just say you got it connected. It's not worth wasting time over.
Head to my locker and put on my new MK3. Search for hidden features.

Maybe try to help that guy open his locker door. With my pickaxe.

We'll assume you find the buzz mode and such. Also, you sure you want to try to enter a confined space via pickax?

"Stuff. Stick around, maybe you can help." Jason responds to the person who walked up to them.

Read the text on the Shackle.
The text reads: Insult Feyri in front of Jim.

"I, heh, guess that depends on if you mean like, standard Corps negotiable-permanence death, or, heh, real death death. Game over. The fjords an' all"

Inquire.

If answer is option a, accept.
If B), say the below

"You, heh, got anythin' goin' a lil' less deadly?"

The doctor shrugs

"Possibility of either, really. Odds generally good. Over 50% survival chance. 60% revivable, at least."

Milno smiles like he's so used to, tilting his head very slightly to the right and raising his sharp-fingered left prosthetic hand. "Let's be frank here, we did perfect according to you but it'll not always be the case so I'll milk this for what was done. What do you think it's fair, Steve? I think a minimum of eight tokens for each of us, but more's readily accepted." he states, trying to get a good harvest for his team. It's not certain they'll always do as good as they just did and he isn't going to be too modest and meek when they need tokens, Rookie and Skylar probably even more so since they're the least experienced members of the team that went to Mission 13.

"Talking of which, outstanding job, everyone. Make sure you don't fuck up next time either."

Negotiations up. Eight tokens for each one or higher. Ten tokens each count as great in my book.

((I'll also add my level up to the wiki later.))

After the debriefing, Milno waves to his team and leaves for the barracks. He undresses and heads into the showers, idly registering the last mission didn't bring him any new scars. His body has already been battered so many times it is hard to count, all in a period of... It is actually hard to discern how time passes; he could only feel time moving "properly" while they were back in Hephaestus. Living in a spaceship and getting in and out of stasis only to spend most of your time risking your hide is a mess no sane human being can handle. The memories of his life before the HMRC seem far away, but he isn't attacked by some sad nostalgia anyway.

Milno gets into the usual attire of gray shorts and shirt and stretches for a moment before checking over part of his belongings and then heading to the armory, hair still letting a few drops of water fall on the floor now and then. Upon arrival the boy - no, the man - focuses his eyes on the armory master and says "I need to talk to you." He has both one of his hands behind his back.

Armory Master time.

>I'll just give you 10 a piece. I would suggest that you use some of that for gene treatments, since, if you intend to do work for Milno here very often, chances are you're going to be exposed and without your desired foot thick armor or high tech weapons. Regardless, good work.

You head over to the Armory master and strike up a now through PM conversation. Which means that anyone else in the armory is now out of the armory and the armory is now closed.

Everyone wish our spymaster well.
Skylar nods briefly at Milno. I agree, though I had a question... Skylar points at the recovered data drive. Do you mind if we look at that? I'm curious about some of the things the priest had to say while he was diving the target. Hoping for a little substance to the rambling.

Agree and ask.
I could let you. But if you do so, you'd have to become part of the black ops group indefinitely. And you would, of course, be sworn to secrecy. Loose lips sink ships, my dear, and while the black ops will be involved with many secrets, they're not the kind of thing I want out in the general population. They, the general soldier, I mean, is far too easy going. They would probably talk about it while out on a mission in front of who knows who. And then we'd have no secrets at all. 

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25624 on: September 13, 2014, 12:34:13 pm »

Activate EMM, pry that fucking locker door off it's hinges, and help that poor noob out of there.
Also store my mk1 suit in my locker, for future gutting for resources.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 01:09:28 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25625 on: September 13, 2014, 12:38:40 pm »

Hand Sambo the resulting generator+lasrifle.

"Shoot a wall. Sweep rifle quickly until you can't anymore."

Then disassemble the gauss rifle he has provided, and remove generators and capacitors. Hand Sambo the ammo clip.

"Can I keep parts of gauss rifle that is taken apart?"

Figure out how it would be possible to attach resulting generators and capacitors to a laser rifle.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25626 on: September 13, 2014, 01:05:51 pm »

(( Three cheers for Milno&AM!  :) ))
Interesting. Actually, what kind of manipulators can temporarily reduce mass? Gravity ones, or perhaps vector?

Also, how was the Paracelsus's Sword originally designed, what was its original purpose? Did it enter the service during the Altered Wars, or after? Why would its armaments be different from the standard UWM ones?
What was its maiden voyage like?

Anyway. Let's visit the outlying places now, I think. Hydroponics first, I presume?

Ask questions. Move on.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25627 on: September 13, 2014, 01:11:46 pm »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Hangar

If Dubley manages open the door, pat his shoulder as thanks and get my jaw fixed.
Otherwise bang the locker door and scream (no escape routes available, panic rising)! Examine hinges and any visible parts of lock mechanism to see if I can do anything to open the door.

Spoiler: Description (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats & Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25628 on: September 13, 2014, 01:35:59 pm »

As the small assembly of former convicts were walking the corridors to their destination, following their guide, Maurice kept looking around, curious. Sometimes his gaze wandered over his teammates, checking that no one has been lost.
Not that Steve would allow that. Maurice smiled to himself.
Just one more time his glance caught Lyra, among others, raising his childhood memories - and then he was suddenly struck with inspiration.
Like a kitten... adorable kitten... He started typing something on his wristpad as he kept walking.
Quote from: MSanctor to General Miyamoto
I just had this crazy idea. What if we started genemodding common domestic animals (like cats - even better, kittens: disarmingly adorable and pragmatically young enough) to infiltrate UWM settlements?
...I guess it is crazy. But maybe there is some sense to it.

(( :P ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25629 on: September 13, 2014, 02:06:01 pm »

Dern looks thoughtful at Doctor's words. "So, the risk is death, real death, heh, albeit at better than fifty-fifty surviving...
He sighs
"If this was the old HMRC, I'd forget it like a shot, but, heh, we're work in' for aserious cause here, an' if this could help, it'd make it worth more than if I shot, heh, two UWM sods and died , I guess."

""Looks like I just, heh, talked myself into it, right. What's the science, sir? I'm in.

Accept.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25630 on: September 13, 2014, 04:28:27 pm »

As the small assembly of former convicts were walking the corridors to their destination, following their guide, Maurice kept looking around, curious. Sometimes his gaze wandered over his teammates, checking that no one has been lost.
Not that Steve would allow that. Maurice smiled to himself.
Just one more time his glance caught Lyra, among others, raising his childhood memories - and then he was suddenly struck with inspiration.
Like a kitten... adorable kitten... He started typing something on his wristpad as he kept walking.
Quote from: MSanctor to General Miyamoto
I just had this crazy idea. What if we started genemodding common domestic animals (like cats - even better, kittens: disarmingly adorable and pragmatically young enough) to infiltrate UWM settlements?
...I guess it is crazy. But maybe there is some sense to it.
(( :P ))
"And what exactly would that accomplish now? Having harmless fluffy animals among our enemies? You wanna sneak miniature nukes in them for use as suicide bombers? Cause I'm pretty sure that violates the Fluffy Wambler convention."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25631 on: September 13, 2014, 05:48:51 pm »

((I'll assume that was a text/video message and not musing out loud.))
Quote from: MSanctor to Miyamoto
Miniature nukes, yes, possible, but not the main purpose.
Spy. Sabotage. Assassinate. Basically anything a human infiltrator could do, sans social interaction. And most of all - terror.
Or maybe infiltrate then expose as though doings of the UWM. Totalitarian control and the like.
... Oh well, I did say the idea was crazy.
Maurice shook his head as he finished the second message and focused on the tour.
Past Sigs

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25632 on: September 13, 2014, 05:53:42 pm »

TOUR HARDER.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25633 on: September 13, 2014, 06:07:43 pm »

((I'll assume that was a text/video message and not musing out loud.))
Quote from: MSanctor to Miyamoto
Miniature nukes, yes, possible, but not the main purpose.
Spy. Sabotage. Assassinate. Basically anything a human infiltrator could do, sans social interaction. And most of all - terror.
Or maybe infiltrate then expose as though doings of the UWM. Totalitarian control and the like.
... Oh well, I did say the idea was crazy.
Maurice shook his head as he finished the second message and focused on the tour.

Because the UWM is notorious for allowing its important crew and personnel to have pets, right?

Really, if you want bioweapons, look into insects, parasites or microscopic agents. But cats?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25634 on: September 13, 2014, 06:10:28 pm »

I look up at Maurice as he chuckles and types.
"mrow?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 1707 1708 [1709] 1710 1711 ... 2101