Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: ☼Blazegate,☼ One down, many to go [43.05]  (Read 9663 times)

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Blazegate,☼ One down, many to go [43.05]
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2017, 04:56:16 am »

None shall be spared the wrath of a rude crotchety old dwarf.
Lest I keel over before year's end that is.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2017, 03:44:06 pm »

Well, you haven't keeled over so far, and it does a check every season. Gonna rack up three to release consecutively, plus drawings needed of course.

Spoilers include a tavern, an unfinished prison, and awakened stones.

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2017, 05:48:49 am »

So... I'm really busy this period but I wanted to contribute a bit nonetheless. This is Obar's speech the day of the burial.

Eulogy to Brace, First of the Brave and the Bold

Daughters and sons of the Six,
A sad day gathers us in mourning.
We don't come to celebrate the glory of our fallen heroine.
Kovost will surely welcome her in the Glory Halls of the Underworld
Where she will forever fight the Dark Fiend and defend us from demons.
Today we cry.
For only trough suffering we can forever remember the Dwarf behind the Heroine.
Tamol reminds us that we have to live looking at the future, as a community.
The past is written, the present is not.
So go now. Live and help each other.
Show the world her sacrifice was not in vain!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2017, 04:10:41 pm »

Much appreciated man!

My apologies for the slowness of getting more out, I have made the fatal mistakes of picking up RimWorld and the Prophesy of Pendor mod for Warband.

Among the mods for RimWorld? Dwarven plants, access to which requires the research "Stop using magma."

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2017, 04:31:27 pm »

Okay guys, gonna have two updates up tonight. Finally got my shit together to actually finish out the year.

Would you guys like short updates (monthly, as opposed to seasonal) or do you guys like the longer ones like the ones coming tonight?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2017, 07:43:27 pm »

2nd Limestone, 184

The Wyvern has yet to rot. I have only now acquired the needed ropes and harnesses to drag it for slaughter. I harnessed tuskoxen and used them for the process. This will provide much meat for the hold.

4th Limestone, 184

An enemy scout was spotted by Warrior Tor, who gave chase. His cudgel shattered wyvern bones. It did worse to the human.

11th Limestone, 184

The wyvern flesh is good when salted, and wyvern bones are glorious when carved by Pyri's divinely-charged hands. She produces masterworks daily from its remains.

16th Limestone, 184

A married couple has taken up residence in the Old Colonel's dwelling. Leader declared it unfit for the raising of families and mandated construction of larger homes. The Colonel mandated no other dwarves would be permitted to live in the old Colonel's dwelling, perhaps out of sadness, as I do not understand the need to deprive a dwarf of a dwelling.

17th Limestone, 184

The caravan comes from the north, and bears ill tidings.

Our enemies are now upon the war path.

21st Limestone, 184

We have begun moving of food and ale into a new space. The old crude shelter above will soon come down.

22nd Limestone, 184

It is open, though unfinished. The Tavern has been named The National Shield and is without a performer or Keeper.

28th Limestone, 184

A trio of unscrupulous individuals arrived: A panda, badger, and their war beast. At least I presume it a war beast. Leader mandated construction of a prison.

5th Sandstone, 184

The Earth Strikes Back! There was danger in the residential area! The Colonel quickly mustered several War Dwarves but to their shock, Kanti was dragging an injured Ceres away from the scene. She has slain the Earth, and I am told she has always been one to seek out danger.

Leader has ordered a temporary hospital space be designated in the great hall, and two others with old wounds went to it as well. Frog will have his hands full tending the wounded.

8th Sandstone, 184

The Colonel ventures into the swamp following reports of the dread weasels from the caravan. I believe he is trying to conquer his fear of the undead.

15th Sandstone, 184

The wounded are tended, with hand bones being the culprit of other old wounds. Ceres must walk with a crutch, but she was undeterred and simply lashed the walking aid to her leg.

18th Sandstone, 184

He returns after ten days. He bears the claws of dread weasels as proof of victory. He claims he no longer fears death.

26th Sandstone, 184

The Granddaughter of Frog arrives at the head of immigrant dwarves. The Colonel announces plans to expand the militia when an upper level is added to the tower. I do not understand the tower, it serves only to draw our enemies here.

3rd Timber, 184

I grow tired of these giant vermin bugs and their incessant buzzing. A representative of the Marksman regiments has arrived with the migrants by the name of Harte, and volunteered his services in raising a squad of crossbow dwarves. I hope the Colonel accepts his offer.

13th Timber, 184

It seems I am not the only one being driven mad by the vermin bugs.

17th Timber, 184

A fine glove, but why is there no companion glove? I do not understand.

22nd Timber, 184

Ceres rushed into the tavern shouting alarms of awakened salt. It is currently locked in the prisoner room with Kanti, who Ceres informed disregarded her shouts of panic. She delcared due to her foot's injury, she was unsuited to murder the salt and fled.

23rd Timber, 184

The Colonel strikes down the stone. How this is accomplished with no pick I will never learn. I thought that picks were required for the striking of stone?

28th Timber, 184

The Prisoner room is hollowed. Bars, chains, and beds are needed. There is talk of only bedrolls for criminals, with no frame to keep them off the floor away from vermin.

I hope the first criminal finds buzzing vermin in his bedroll.

Alright, so after about a week and a half I finally got my shit together and finished out another year, this one starting with Leif the Butcher.

We officially have enemies with us on their radar, and fighting up north, so war is almost inevitable at this point. We may find ourselves not prevent an inflow of invaders from the south, but harboring refugees from up north...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2017, 07:46:03 pm »

1st Moonstone, 184

Madness! Dwarves speak of stones striking back at the miners. This is surely impossible, as I have never known stone to do this unless fired from a catapult at War Badgers.

3rd Moonstone, 184

The War Panda continues to try and ride upon boulder crabs. They are unreceptive to its attempts.

5th Moonstone, 184

The humans depart. It is always sad to see fonts of information of other cultures leave...

10th Moonstone, 184

I would much rather we not have a prison. Why should dwarves be kept from ale and friends when the threat of being made a war dwarf should be sufficient? No murderers or table vandals would last long among hardened war dwarves.

14th Moonstone, 184

The Colonel has mandated production weapons and armor. He has already begun hanging posters and requesting minor engravings advertising the militia as a stable career. I believe it to be a fast way to join the old Colonel, but that is why I think it a fitting punishment for criminals.

18th Moonstone, 184

I have submitted a petition for appointment of a bookkeeper on behalf of many other dwarves. We are unable to keep stock of what we have, and the weavers refuse to allow me to dye thread becauuse they do not know how much thread there is.

20th Moonstone, 184

My petition was approved! The miners dig living and work spaces for a bookkeeper and work manager. Perhaps I can submit a petition for the abolishment of the prison?

22nd Moonstone, 184

My petition was denied. I am far more upset about this than I should be, but perhaps nothing can be done about it. Already chains are built from iron, with intent to be fastened to the walls and prevent escapes from prison.

26th Moonstone, 184

The miners have become adept in their task. The administrative rooms are already hollowed.

1st Opal, 184

I feel the child kick now. I wonder: Will I have a boy or girl? Others did not notice the pregnancy as I am the large dwarf, bearing a large gut to match large muscles from hauling large stones.

3rd Opal, 184

The war mushrooms have been allowed free roam. I do not trust the war mushrooms, for there are ancient myths of them turning upon their dwarven masters.

7th Opal, 184

I envy the future administrators. They will have for themselves rooms only full families may have by Leader's mandate.

10th Opal, 184

The movements are more frequent now.

21st Opal, 184

A mule foal too stupid to go above ground for grass died in the tavern. This did not seem to perturb anyone and I removed the corpse with annoyance that it was too small for useable meat.

23rd Opal, 184

A girl! Perhaps Streyr will make for her a good husband in time. The parents of Streyr seemed relieved that he would not grow up without other children. She is a hardy and strong child who broke her father's finger. Perhaps she is a natural born legionnaire? I have named her Irid.

28th Opal, 184

The child is energetic and of good humor, and behaves well with Streyr. This is well, as children should get along for the future of a fortress.

5th Obsidian, 184

Strange tribal creatures roam the area. I do not trust their large rodent faces, for they surely report to elf overlords, and hope the Colonel deploys the militia to murder them.

8th Obsidian, 184

Orichalcum. Three bars sit beside the smelters, amid piles of iron. I wonder: What devices will this orichalcum be used for?

9th Obsidian, 184

The militia deploys. The Colonel has heeded my warnings of possible scheming tribals. The militia marches to murder them for their treacherous scouting!

14th Obsidian, 184

A war badger came to us clad in bronze mail and bearing a large pike. I am suspicious of his intents.

18th Obsidian, 184

The Colonel mandates the militia must expand with two Sergeants. An armorer by the name of Talv volunteers to lead Squad Astesh. A ranger whose name escapes me volunteers to lead Squad Alath. The Colonel has named his own squad, Squad Lokum.

20th Obsidian, 184

A travesty! Leader accepted the damnable war badger as a warrior of the arm! What madness is this to clad an enemy in dwarf-forged mail? The detestable creature has been assigned to Squad Astesh under Sergeant Talv, and the Medical Dwarf Frog has enlisted as macedwarf as well.

28th Obsidian, 184

The War Badger stays above ground or in the tavern. This is well, as I despise the enemy with all being. A pox upon badger-kind, and our foolish supposed leader!

Our first mercenary hired, a big burly fucker of a greater badger pikeman! Already working on outfitting him with iron armor and some new leather duds of dwarven make. We also have theives out the ass visiting and “spurring” the animals, which leads me to beliueve the term “horseplay”is literal and done to animals – I'm fairly certain everyone who has a few too many keeps trying to ride around on boulder crabs.

We also have another child, a natural born Legionnaire from our narrator Talbo, and one who could very well end up Streyr's wife in the future, and  potentially a mighty slayer of orcs and elves.

So, question stands – more but shorter monthly updates? Or keep the seasonal one?

Hope you guys like the updates, sorry for this being so light on drawings or screenshots.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2017, 04:29:46 am »

That's cool, whatever floats your boat man. The worry is that you might not find anything to write if you do monthly entries. Better big and good, says this grumpy dwarf.

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2017, 05:12:59 am »

Yea, I agree with Bear. Seasonal reports are good.
How are spiritual needs going? Can we have the numbers of worshippers for every god?

Nidor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2017, 11:47:23 am »

Recently came back to the forums after a long break to check out how masterwork was going. Good to see Splint is still at it with the story forts  :) Shame to hear about Riverrun save, posting here to watch aw heck with it, if there are any dwarves left i wouldn't mind taking one, is the peasant turned stone carver still open? The journals were fun and i could use the distraction right now  :P
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 12:25:09 pm by Nidor »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2017, 04:41:39 pm »

Yea, I agree with Bear. Seasonal reports are good.
How are spiritual needs going? Can we have the numbers of worshippers for every god?

Frankly i haven't the foggiest on numbers, but the temple is nearly done. Still need statues of Lamnum, Kovost, and Ber.
Recently came back to the forums after a long break to check out how masterwork was going. Good to see Splint is still at it with the story forts  :) Shame to hear about Riverrun save, posting here to watch aw heck with it, if there are any dwarves left i wouldn't mind taking one, is the peasant turned stone carver still open? The journals were fun and i could use the distraction right now  :P

You're free to whoever really. THe names are a combined shout out to the unusual names of Bravemule and something to give me some references besides basic dwarven names. I'll have to look back and see who it was, but I'll getcha set up.

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2017, 04:53:58 pm »

Frankly i haven't the foggiest on numbers, but the temple is nearly done. Still need statues of Lamnum, Kovost, and Ber.
you should be able to see it when you create the temple IIRC

snowyscales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2017, 05:42:38 pm »

could i have a dwarf? an animal trainer named Sook, who has come to Blazegate to see to the imprisonment of Giant wild animals such as to learn them beasts a thing about war.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2017, 07:31:54 pm »

could i have a dwarf? an animal trainer named Sook, who has come to Blazegate to see to the imprisonment of Giant wild animals such as to learn them beasts a thing about war.

I'll up the pop cap and see what we can do! When your dwarf arrives I'll even start sprinkling cages around the map hoping to catch stuff.
you should be able to see it when you create the temple IIRC

Seems so!

Of the current population, Rovol Guardsaftey is the most popular, with 12 followers
Ber and Zalud tie at 11
Kovost has 10
Tlmo at 9, and predictably, Lamnum is the smallest, with a measly 4 followers.

@ Nidor - Got you set up as Nidor Tongsheavy, maker of the figurine artifact. Evidently he has just watched Sanctume recite something called "It Must Have Been the Mop."

Nidor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2017, 08:21:25 pm »

@ Nidor - Got you set up as Nidor Tongsheavy, maker of the figurine artifact. Evidently he has just watched Sanctume recite something called "It Must Have Been the Mop."

Cool, many thanks. Whipped up a small story based on your description of him as the mad dwarf. Think I'll go for a "Touched by inspiration, and it left a dent" type character, head so full of useless stonecraft trivia that there isn't much room for the rest. Not technically a journal entry yet, just a bit of silly fluff of the same event, inspired by reading a bit of discworld lately lol. Not sure if he will be useful, but will try to make it fun while it lasts.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 07:07:08 am by Nidor »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4