Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Absolute Pandemonium  (Read 1121 times)

Syreal

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Magma Bather
    • View Profile
    • Syreal Games
Absolute Pandemonium
« on: May 26, 2011, 12:49:12 pm »

Hey all,

So my character in adv mode is an elite wrestler with around 70 notable kills. I mention this to give you an idea of how long this character has been playing/doing quests. He has consistently had around 16 companions or more from various strongholds and towns. So the 2nd quest that I got from a lord of a stronghold had me go to a camp (yellow sun icon) near a goblin fortress and kill a master goblin lasher. I did this, and now I've gotten jumped (while fast traveling) by 4 groups from the Tick of Clutching (goblin civ). With the first group, everyone from the Tick was my enemy. It is important to realize that at the camp and in these groups there have been human soldiers. So by the 3rd group, some of the soldiers who jumped us weren't fighting me and my companions, but actually the other ambushers. By the 4th group, it was around half and half.

That was that, and I'd be a lot more ok with that -- but I went to a previously friendly stronghold and then everyone from the stronghold attacked me. I of course pwned those newbs but it is still concerning.

I feel like humans who were abducted by goblins kept their old membership in human civilizations and when I slaughtered them even though they were hostil, the entire civ took offense. Has anyone else had problems like this?

BTW-- I am 95% certain that I didn't accidentally steal something or sleep where I shouldn't have. I definitely did not accidentally kill someone who was friendly.

Thanks!
You die in the heat.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Absolute Pandemonium
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 03:00:54 pm »

you kinda did kill someone who was friendly or must have walk into the Tick of Clutching's fortress they took over.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Syreal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Syreal Games
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 06:31:19 pm »

No -- I'm not exactly sure why you say I killed someone who was friendly because you always have to confirm attacking a friendly therefore, I know I did not attack someone friendly because I always abort attacks like that.

And the Tick of Clutching did not take over that human fort, (although that would be exciting). Before I attacked anyone from that fort, I checked my "alliances" (Quest Log, entities, switch from map to info) and somehow I was an enemy of some human site governments.

Should this thread be in an error reporting forum?
You die in the heat.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 07:59:32 pm »

i retired my pwnage character temporarily to have some more FUN with noob characters and i noticed the humans in the goblin forts, but didn't survive long enough to notice if i got attacked by other humans.

i'm used to my pwnage character, so it was surprising when i got killed because i walked into a goblin fort with no backup and without the ability to stand. ( come on, i thought this game was realistic.)
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 09:31:33 pm »

No -- I'm not exactly sure why you say I killed someone who was friendly because you always have to confirm attacking a friendly therefore, I know I did not attack someone friendly because I always abort attacks like that.

And the Tick of Clutching did not take over that human fort, (although that would be exciting). Before I attacked anyone from that fort, I checked my "alliances" (Quest Log, entities, switch from map to info) and somehow I was an enemy of some human site governments.

Should this thread be in an error reporting forum?
I mean you where attacking a person who had multiple ties. Leading to you to fall foul against one.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Syreal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Syreal Games
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 11:37:22 pm »

I mean you where attacking a person who had multiple ties. Leading to you to fall foul against one.

Oh ok, I gotcha. That's right -- but it doesn't make sense that a human who was presumably kidknapped by a goblin would still have ties to their human civilization ... like sorry I killed the dude for attacking me but does the whole civ have to want my blood now? Haha.
You die in the heat.

melkorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 08:16:45 am »

it doesn't make sense that a human who was presumably kidknapped by a goblin would still have ties to their human civilization

Good point.  Had a kidnapped dwarf in 40d become the sole defender of a goblin civ against wave after wave of his former dwarven civ.  He slew both his parents and most of his sisters and brothers in battle, negotiated a peace treaty, then rejoined the dwarven civ and lived like 50 more years in peace.  Once a civ always a civ I guess.

He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...It should be pretty fun though.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2011, 08:24:09 am »

Oh ok, I gotcha. That's right -- but it doesn't make sense that a human who was presumably kidknapped by a goblin would still have ties to their human civilization ... like sorry I killed the dude for attacking me but does the whole civ have to want my blood now? Haha.
well check the legends. The person still keep track of all alliances that and the parents of the kidnapped might not like hearing their child was murder by you during a trip to goblin county.
this will only get worst once you guys start messing with necromancy.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Syreal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Syreal Games
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011, 12:54:15 pm »

Lol -- yes!
You die in the heat.

Melagius

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord and Master here
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2011, 03:36:00 pm »

I wish this thread was a pun about pandas.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2011, 04:03:24 pm »

sadly pandas are the most unlikely creatures to live in Df due to the limited food source.
"body swapping and YOU!"