Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: RTD Game  (Read 2259 times)

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile
RTD Game
« on: September 21, 2012, 09:34:50 pm »

Hi, been a long time lurker, and wanted to make a RTD game, because all the people I know don't want to play these games. :(

Basically, its set in the dark ages, with knights and stuff. And your evil. Yay. Or more accurately, people think you are.

So, I decided to make a RTD, based around a sort of RPG atmosphere. I intend for this to be a sort of fantasy Roll-To-Dodge. By that, I mean swords and those sort of things. I am not sure what else to put here....

I know almost all the basics of Roll to Dodge, and I love making stories, so I thought I would do this. If anyone wants to join, id be happy to let you play. :)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Hope this will be fun! :)

Edit: I have a Question. Can GM's play as well?

This is based in a fantasy realm. You can be anything from orcs, to elves, to dwarfs, to humans, or anything as long as it makes a bit of sense.

If you want to add a class, just ask.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 12:00:40 am by SilverDragon »
Apparently coding DF is equivalent to slaying hydras.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Game
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 09:37:41 pm »

MOAR INFO PLZ

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 09:46:59 pm »

What do you mean?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 09:55:21 pm »

All you said is "I'm making an RTD. It will be like an RPG.". That's very vague.

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 09:58:48 pm »

Oh. I dont really know, I played it a few times with some old friends a while ago and it was really fun. Plus I suck at thinking up a lot of things. If you want, I can give a wall of text for the story. Filled with cliche.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 10:03:16 pm by SilverDragon »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 10:09:44 pm »

You could make a minimalist RTD. In any case, at least enough info to know if we should make knights, office workers, shadowrunners, hunter-gatherers, or what is needed.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 10:15:00 pm »

Sure, I'll do that. I'm sorry, its just school holidays started and I have nothing else to do apart from stare at the roof, so please excuse me if I am a bit of a douche. I live in Australia.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 10:18:24 pm by SilverDragon »

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 10:21:48 pm »

I'll join.

Name: Devashi
Profession/ Class: Archer
Short Description: Devashi is a bandit by trade, and noblewoman by nature. She's quick, snarky and a killer shot. Her favorite  type of bow is the English longbow, with an 80-pound draw, guaranteed to send arrows hundreds of yards will deadly accuracy. She's proficient will all other types of bows, however. She's a skilled tracker, able to hide easily and charms people to her view.

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 10:24:37 pm »

Ok, I'll Add you to the top page.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 10:28:05 pm »

So, we're villainey?
Name: Slythen
Race: Garter snake man
Class: Monk (more like the Western kind; basically like a priest who knows some arcane magic but is peaceful)
Story: Slythen was a peaceful man who wanted to join the peaceful, scholarly ranks of the monks. He studied as much as he could, learning more about history and literature than most high-ranking monks, as well as learning some magic and the teachings of the local gods. He was rejected and chased out of town due to his scales and lack of legs. Slythen is a bit bitter but hopes to join the order some day.
Skills: Slythen is going to know more than any other character, most likely. He also knows basic magic and is skilled in healing arts. Slythen can hold his breath underwater for almost a quarter hour, and is good at swimming and climbing. As he is 4'7" from head to tail tip, Slythen is also okay at stealth. While his bite is not poisonous, it does hurt.

Ninjedit: When I started typing, Caerwyn hadn't posted! I can't believe I was so slow in this stupid slow tablet! Etc!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 10:35:20 pm »

I'll add you too, but not this second as I'm out driving about. Sorry :(

Oh, and yes we're completely evil, and likely to attack villages and towns, and such.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 10:39:41 pm by SilverDragon »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 10:41:33 pm »

It's okay. Is my monk class okay?
Basically, they're mostly scholars, but with a little magical lore and whatever benefits priests get. Except, of course, that Slythen is kinda not accepted by the clergy.
Sig

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2012, 10:56:59 pm »

Oh, of course. I did say all you had to do was ask. :)

Also, GMs can play too right?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 10:58:52 pm by SilverDragon »

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2012, 11:15:45 pm »

Name: Bunduk
Profession/ Class: Crossbowman
Short Description: Bunduk used to be in the militia, but deserted due to his dislike of the nobility and became a wandering mercenary.
Skills: Bunduk knows some basic first-aid and tactics, and is skilled in using a cross-bow.

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2012, 11:40:27 pm »

I'll add you too. Just give me 10 minutes and I'll add you both.

Start now or wait for more? Also fireiy and Caerwyn  are you both humans?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 11:50:05 pm by SilverDragon »
Pages: [1] 2