Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1191600 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 84 Hunters and traps
« Reply #1725 on: May 21, 2015, 09:51:53 pm »

((So do you recommend I create and join now? (And then join a faction and not die) or just wait it out?))
((I don't know if this game will end any time soon. It's evolved from a deathmatch into shenanigans and PvE with occasional PVP, and I think DG has done a great job rolling with that. Also, welcome to the game.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: May 21, 2015, 11:20:06 pm »

Wait, is None's affinity Forbiddance? That would actually be a pretty cool and thematic affinity.

I doubt the utility of a Booze affinity.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: May 21, 2015, 11:55:27 pm »

YOU DOUBT IT!!!

Wait who are you?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: May 22, 2015, 01:12:04 am »

((okay you convinced me.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((On a completely unrelated note is the shop still open, and accepting applications?))
((Nice character, I like him. He has the exact same stats James started with.

The shop's still open, and accepting applications. I'd like to make it more of an open trading post type place where anyone can come to ply their trade and sell their goods, as long as they don't threaten the peace.))

I doubt the utility of a Booze affinity.
((BoozeFlamethrower
MolotovCocktail
BoozeBasedBuff
DrunkenMaster
HealItWithBooze
Intoxication, Alcohol poisoning, hangovers, addiction, blindness, death.

Maybe not munchkin-tier, but it's a good affinity.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: May 22, 2015, 04:38:24 am »

Replace Zzotgotzz with NAV, dakka with spells, and you will see what I see whenever sombody picks a new afinity.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: May 22, 2015, 07:29:46 am »

((Forbiddance? Why would I use an affinity made by X4Y4? And dangit, I was going to make Tea affinity.))

Edit: ((Proposed rule change: when a mage dies, the shards created by their dying breaths are equal to the number of affinities they have times five, this makes killing mages with large numbers of affinities more worthwhile, and encourages specialization.))
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 07:51:30 am by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: May 22, 2015, 09:34:44 am »

((I was going for Drunken Master, also give me a color I can use.))

Ah a shop, I should head over and see if I can peddle my wares there. 

Head over to the shop and try to get a job.

Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: May 22, 2015, 11:24:46 am »

((Feel free to pick any color you want, there is no obivious shop though. Only a forest of plum trees, with a very spiky house shaped tree among them.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: May 22, 2015, 11:36:01 am »

((Yeah, that, house shop thingy.))

Head over to the tree house shop thingy

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: May 22, 2015, 11:49:10 am »

((Unfortunately for the alcohol mage, None is currently thinking of a plan to kill the Triad using their own teenage awkwardness.))

None shouts loudly, counting on the echo to deliver his message.
"... there are two answers to this. One, not by the hair of my chinny chin chin! Two, and a bit more logical at that, why should I, given you're just going to kill me as soon as I do so?"
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: May 22, 2015, 01:24:36 pm »

MAKE AN ESSENCE

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: May 22, 2015, 05:43:33 pm »

((Unfortunately for the alcohol mage, None is currently thinking of a plan to kill the Triad using their own teenage awkwardness.))

"... there are two answers to this. One, not by the hair of my chinny chin chin! Two, and a bit more logical at that, why should I, given you're just going to kill me as soon as I do so?"
Emotion!

Age?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: May 22, 2015, 06:35:23 pm »

((Something I was considering doing later, age: a good idea, but not my affinity. So who are we missing for actions?))
Generic Arms Race.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: May 23, 2015, 12:06:35 pm »

"I promise if you surrender now and don't cause any more trouble, absolutely no harm will come to you. Come on, please don't make us do this."

((I think I have your affinity figured out. It's something like the astral influx, lets you mess with the link between player and character.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: May 23, 2015, 12:18:50 pm »

((More people should keep their afinities secret. So many good ideas floating around.))
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 12:33:55 pm by DreamerGhost »
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 506