Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 166030 times)

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us: Searching the Keep [8/8]
« Reply #765 on: July 25, 2017, 04:53:49 pm »

Turn 35

Fzbxr, do you think there could be peace between demons and humans? When you were blasted moment ago, I was worried that you might been hurt. Have you feel something like that for someone before? - Pguhyuh asked, showing some kind of affection towards his demon. I think you need to take a moment and emotionally distance yourself from the demon. Either that, or you're more mentally scarred than I was by that... other demon. - Reynald said edgily.

[3] Either way you're not intimately related to it, so stop acting like it's your spouse or child. - he marched on matching speed with Seymour. I dont know what I was thinking when I said that. You dont have to answer. - demonologist then said.

[4] I felt worried... Worried that if you die, the bond will annihilate me. But after all that time I find you an acceptable master. Demons don't care about their own "society", why would they bother with forming an allied one with humans? - demon asked.

[2] The group finally reached the cavern, Pguhuyh and Smoke stopped to rest while others went to unlock underground passages. Seymour tried, but for some reason he couldn't open the way. There was something blocking it. What are we going to do now? - Lyirah asked worried.

[1] Pguhyuh thought about a way to make his bond with Smoke stronger while resting, but actually he felt that the bond is somewhat weakening!

They returned to demonologist and demon to stop for a while and talk. Upon noticing Reynald, Pguhyuh said: We share memories and we are bound, I know him better than you. I dont think of him like family, he is more like a friend. I protect my friends.
And you know he has a name.
- to what inquisitor replied: You're doting over it a bit closer than you think you are, but I suppose once you name something you start getting attached to it

Stop the senseless chatter and think how to open those passages. Something is blocking the mechanism! - Seymour yelled.

[Dennis: 4 -1, Darkfallen: 4] Stabbity stab stab, stabbity stab stab, lookit' Dennis go! - duke charged at darkfallen trying to stab it while it was still on the ground, but it rolled away every time then got up.

[2] Aaron's aura that inflicted frost damage engulfed the dark spirit and left it untouched. It simply waited through the snowstorm, unaffected by it.

[Aaron: 6, Darkfallen: 3] Without waiting for the dark spirit to gain better visibility of surroundings, Aaron charged, stabbing darkfallen through it's chest. He forgot that in spirit form, physical damage he dealt was turned into dark damage and significantly healed the dark spirit, dealing only minor fire damage!

[1] Well that dark attack just healed it, and that's what adding ghost dust did to my powder. I need another option - Vivian said looking around nervously, but she haven't noticed that darkfallen dashed between others and grabbed her!

[Vivian: 3, Darkfallen: 4] The dark spirit put a choke hold on alchemist's neck and put second hand on Vivian's face, starting to sap her life away! Alchemist desperately raised her rapier and stabbed it in chest, blocking life drain but still remaining in dark spirit's clutches.

[Serrana: 2, Darkfallen: 6] Serrana didn't like that she forgot the importance of distance to her attacks; she didn't like to miss this one. She ran closer and seeing a woman getting strangled by dark spirit, she shot three holy bolts with her wand that on the fly connected into one and hit the dark spirit in it's back. Darkfallen shrieked in torment and dropped Vivian on the floor, then hastily turned back and blasted serrana with a dark bolt!

[Lysander: 5, Darkfallen: 3] Hold on guys, got to keep a promise. - demonologist jumped at the darkfallen and started to strangle it, overwhelming the dark spirit. He forgot about one thing though - dark spirits don't breathe! At least he controlled the situation and made her an easy target for others!

Well then, I wasn't expect'n that to happen. - Alexander said to stranger. The man replied: Ah, thanks to the abyss you haven't lost your mind! I was losing hope that I may ever se... - he stopped abruptly, then corrected himself - ... erm. Meet anyone still alive. - he said turning towards Alexander and taking cloth wraps off his face - revealing several deep slashes on it and gouged out eyes, burnt eye sockets left. I am Ghatzu, and as you most probably noticed... I am sightless. Sightless Ghatzu, you can call me that! - he said.

[5] Alexander just went off towards the big hall in the distance where a group of people was fighting something. Guess that you'll need a companion! You wouldn't want to leave a sightless man in the midst of apocalypse, right? - he said laughing, then followed peasant's footsteps.

Darkfallen: +80 HP, -55 HP [55/100]

Pguhyuh: Rested
Vivian: -10 HP
Serrana: -15 HP

OOC

Darkfallen gets -2 to rolls when overwhelmed by Lysander.

(Can I modify the dark bolt skill I never use into another skill, but without using my +1 skill on level up? like, I want to remove it and instead have +5 hp regeneration like "transfering" the skill to improve another?? prob impossible but it boyhers me that it will just affect a single weapon I dont even started with.)

I'll lower your level by 1, not stripping you off skills or stats, but increasing kill requirement if you want to do something like that. This is to prevent someone from suddenly changing all the obsolete skills that he started with/build up with levels.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: July 25, 2017, 05:01:57 pm »

[Aaron: 6, Darkfallen: 3] Without waiting for the dark spirit to gain better visibility of surroundings, Aaron charged, stabbing darkfallen through it's chest. He forgot that in spirit form, physical damage he dealt was turned into dark damage and significantly healed the dark spirit, dealing only minor fire damage!
Before I read the rest of the post: no, it only does dark damage to physical opponents. Against other dark spirits, it's a direct attack. Darkfallen is dead. There's no healing there.

EDIT: Here's the original post where this was said, BY YOU:
Seriously, as a dark spirit, what powers do I have other than being incorporeal?

You only have powers of your character + being incorporeal. You're not gaining any more powers for turning your body from corporeal to energetical one. You still can use your weapons, but they deal raw damage to dark spirits (hurt them directly) and dark damage to all other enemies. It's not like you're turning into incorporeal, energetical monstosity from underworld, rather like turn your body into energetical for a while.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 05:10:38 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: July 25, 2017, 05:16:54 pm »

I'll lower your level by 1, not stripping you off skills or stats, but increasing kill requirement if you want to do something like that. This is to prevent someone from suddenly changing all the obsolete skills that he started with/build up with levels.
So, my level is reduced and I will need more kills to level up than normal? If I can get rid of it to make my regen better then ok.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: July 25, 2017, 05:34:15 pm »

Before I read the rest of the post: no, it only does dark damage to physical opponents. Against other dark spirits, it's a direct attack. Darkfallen is dead. There's no healing there.

Seriously, as a dark spirit, what powers do I have other than being incorporeal?

You only have powers of your character + being incorporeal. You're not gaining any more powers for turning your body from corporeal to energetical one. You still can use your weapons, but they deal raw damage to dark spirits (hurt them directly) and dark damage to all other enemies. It's not like you're turning into incorporeal, energetical monstosity from underworld, rather like turn your body into energetical for a while.
I guess this dark spirit absorbs dark damage, unlike others. In those cases your physical damage, dark damage as a spirit, would be able to bypass the ghostly physical invunerability or something like that.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: July 25, 2017, 05:36:47 pm »

"I'm no mechanic, and I'm certainly no puzzle solver, but is it possible for our demonic friend here to pass through as smoke, then reconstitute on the other side and I jam the mechanism from there?
The alternative is we try to find another way around, since trying to force our way through is out of the question. Worst case, we will have to travel on the surface and find another way into the passages."
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: July 25, 2017, 05:42:04 pm »

"That's enough of that!"

Town Fool's Luck and Wild Charge the Darkfallen.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: July 25, 2017, 05:44:48 pm »

That is a great idea, inquisitor guy!
Before anything, infravision and examine the caverns, and the mechanisms that open the entrance. After that, if there is no monster or anything, Smoke will turn into smoke and cross to the other side and check whats wrong from there. If he can, attemp to fix the door with help of everyone in the other side.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: July 25, 2017, 05:55:58 pm »

I guess this dark spirit absorbs dark damage, unlike others. In those cases your physical damage, dark damage as a spirit, would be able to bypass the ghostly physical invunerability or something like that.
...no, all dark spirits are healed when attacked with dark damage. Me being incorporeal always allows direct attacks. This has always been the case. Most of the second part of the turn shouldn't have happened.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: July 25, 2017, 05:59:18 pm »

They never absorbed dark damage. The fallen angel had low dark damage resist, and the poltergeist had no dark damage resist.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: July 25, 2017, 06:23:09 pm »

We'd never attacked them with dark damage, though.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: July 25, 2017, 06:23:46 pm »

Its on the first post.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: July 25, 2017, 06:26:19 pm »

Protect myself

AAAAAAAGGGHHHHHH!!!!

((I hope you enjoy that month, or at least dont hate it))
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: July 25, 2017, 06:51:13 pm »

We can figure this out when Dark One gets back on. Point is, I'm pretty sure that I should have done direct damage, since

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: July 25, 2017, 06:57:39 pm »

Instead of physical damage, you did dark, thats why you were able to hit it. Physical would have no effect. It just hapens that this one absorbs dark damage.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: July 25, 2017, 07:00:09 pm »

But  I didn't do dark damage.
dark damage to all other enemies.
That is, not dark spirits. As stated, against dark spirits, it's just damage.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 166