Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1134 1135 [1136] 1137 1138 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3501318 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Scumbag Steve Edition
« Reply #17025 on: October 22, 2012, 01:02:01 am »

My understanding is Insert is a holdover from ancient computers. You know, green screened things with monospaced fonts and whatnot. I imagine shoving text over when your cursor is in the middle of a word was rough on those primitive processors, or something.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17026 on: October 22, 2012, 01:35:46 am »

Allright

Explain to me then the scroll lock.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17027 on: October 22, 2012, 01:46:46 am »

Allright

It's to lock your scrolls. So your apprentice can't get into your high level spells.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17028 on: October 22, 2012, 02:12:14 am »

I attempted to use overtype a day or two ago to replace a phrase with exactly the same number of spaces, and then turn them black. Alas, these forums do not have a background color attribute, so although I was able to replace them all with spaces, I couldn't turn them black, and had to instead find out how many characters it was and then paste in black block characters which were effectively already inverted instead.

I think that was the first time I've used it in years, and I had to open Notepad++ to do it, because it didn't work in either Notepad or Chrome.

I don't think I've ever used scroll lock, and I've been using PCs since DOS 5.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17029 on: October 22, 2012, 02:38:23 am »

Computer-related rage: The laptop I'm using right now has half-sized Shift, Tab and Caps Lock keys to make room for a bunch of media control buttons. ::) Makes typing on it feel really unnatural, but no biggie.

Bigger rage: The fact that only Chrome and Firefox are set up on it. :'( Nooo! I don't wanna use inferior browsers! Gimme back my IE! ...It's still easier than using the net on my phone with a Swype keyboard, but not by much.`
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17030 on: October 22, 2012, 03:45:06 am »

Chrome? Inferior? What.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17031 on: October 22, 2012, 03:51:26 am »

Gimme back IE? What.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17032 on: October 22, 2012, 04:10:20 am »

Gimme back IE? What.
It's not bad; then again I'm not the best person to ask about computers. Yoink and Xantalos, the knights of IE!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17033 on: October 22, 2012, 04:11:44 am »

[rant]Honestly, I hate television outside of the several fictional shows that entertain me. The liberal media needs to stop broadcasting stupid, pointless garbage, and the conservative media needs to stop broadcasting stupid, pointless garbage. Both parties should go fuck themselves with a nine iron until their pelvises break.

And I swear to the universe itself that if I have to see one more thing about some "scandalous love affair" between an adult and a seventeen-year-old being referred to as rape when there are more serious things out there like that developmentally disabled woman with the mentality of a three-year-old being told by the Supreme Court of Connecticut that because she was unable to say no to her rapist that she consented to his sexual assault upon her I will start sterilizing people. That should receive some damn media attention, because honestly it is more of a fucking outrage than some fucking cheerleader for some damn football team I don't give a shit about having consensual sex in the missionary position with a high school senior.

I hate television. I hate the liberal media. I hate the conservative media. I hate the stupid people that both branches of media cater to. I want to see all parts of it be used in a very graphic way to solve world hunger, because it is nothing more than some kind of cattle that need to be lead to the slaughter. I will stick with the fucking internet thank you, and use my TV solely for video games.

[joke]I'll get into my rage over why an XBOX 360 is so damn expensive another time.[/joke][/rant]

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17034 on: October 22, 2012, 08:33:55 am »

Computer-related rage: The laptop I'm using right now has half-sized Shift, Tab and Caps Lock keys to make room for a bunch of media control buttons. ::) Makes typing on it feel really unnatural, but no biggie.

Bigger rage: The fact that only Chrome and Firefox are set up on it. :'( Nooo! I don't wanna use inferior browsers! Gimme back my IE! ...It's still easier than using the net on my phone with a Swype keyboard, but not by much.`

Did you just call Chrome and Firefox inferior? They follow all of the standards, instead of picking and choosing which ones they like (like IE does). You will be punished for your insolence. Punished by a college student who fails at doing the Duties Which Beckon and likes being spanked by preteens.

-rant-

This is relevant again. Woohoo!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17035 on: October 22, 2012, 08:43:15 am »

That isn't going to go away, is it? In any case, my own raeg about my laptop keyboard lasted until I figured out that I could switch the default settings for the function/random useless crap keys so that when I, say, hit F3 it wouldn't exit to the desktop to show me that I still had full battery power.  ::)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17036 on: October 22, 2012, 09:36:25 am »

I hate television. I hate the liberal media. I hate the conservative media. I hate the stupid people that both branches of media cater to. I want to see all parts of it be used in a very graphic way to solve world hunger, because it is nothing more than some kind of cattle that need to be lead to the slaughter. I will stick with the fucking internet thank you, and use my TV solely for video games.

PBS and NPR are a haven. (So long as you avoid the NPR talk shows, which are admittedly terrible)

I think the science channel is still decent as well?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #17037 on: October 22, 2012, 10:55:41 am »

Allright

Scroll lock was designed for ancient computers back before we had nifty things like scroll wheels, two-finger scrolls, and the nice little scroll bars at the edges of the screen. Basically it was a way to turn your arrow keys from moving the cursor into scrolling the page. Hardly anything actually uses it anymore, which is why some keyboards don't even have the key.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17038 on: October 22, 2012, 12:31:48 pm »

PE lessons in a nutshell:

Soccer: "you can't sit at the side all the time during soccer, somebody who actually WANTS to play it will have to sit there!"
Basketball (a sport i actually LIKE): "Whoops, we forgot to put you on the field until the last 2 minutes"

RRRAAAAEEEEGGGG

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17039 on: October 22, 2012, 12:32:44 pm »

coursework.

I find exams far easier. but coursework has to come along and batter at me and my bad English skills...

Cue fenrir.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 1134 1135 [1136] 1137 1138 ... 3345