Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure Mode: Unjoin  (Read 475 times)

JT

• Bay Watcher
  • Explosively Canadian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jtgibson.ca/df/
Adventure Mode: Unjoin
« on: August 25, 2006, 11:01:00 pm »

I'd like a conversation option to tell an NPC I'm adventuring with that I'd prefer to go my own way now.  I now have an axeman and swordsman in my party who lost their weapons in combat (I have no idea when), and I'd like to tell them to go home before they get themselves killed.  (Unlike at least three quarters of the players here, I actually have a heart. ;-))

Eventually, of course, I'd like to be able to give them equipment, or better yet I'd like them to be smart enough to retrieve their property after it gets stuck in a Zombie's corpse. ;-)

[ August 26, 2006: Message edited by: JT ]

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" --George Carlin

Somagu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode: Unjoin
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 07:10:00 am »

Funny you say that, one of my swords(wo)men got disarmed by a pack of wolves, and had her eye ripped off, and with a little assistance, she ripped them all apart, and became a fantastic wrestler.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 02:21:00 am »

I wonder if your buddies might cry and beg not to be left alone in the undead-infested ruins, and then when you insist, they might get angry.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

skeightmachine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 02:34:00 am »

Im getting so tired of my elite wrestler companion stealing all the kills that I might just kill him myself. Until recently I was being followed around by a hammer lord and this swordsman turned elite wrestler. The hammer lord luckly got hit with a few crossbow bolts and which took him out, now I have one more follower I need to shake.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 08:49:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Toady One:
<STRONG>I wonder if your buddies might cry and beg not to be left alone in the undead-infested ruins, and then when you insist, they might get angry.</STRONG>
They might also demand a share of the treasure.

What, you thought they were going to let you seize all the loot?

...on the other hand, that could be really annoying...

Well, they could just demand a certain value of stuff based on... I don't know what they'd base it on.  But if there's ever a leadership, communication, beauty or charm skill added, you could use that to reduce the price.

I like the idea of beautiful adventuresses seducing drunks into acting as cheap fodder for them, then grabbing all the loot while they're getting killed.  And then doing it again.  And again.

"Hey, big boys, I'm the most beautiful woman in the world.  Want to help me...  clean a dungeon?"

"...aww, they stopped moving so quickly when the kobolds reached them...  no stamina at all.  Men these days aren't made the way they used to be.  Oh well, time to go get some more!"

[ September 12, 2006: Message edited by: Aquillion ]

We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One