Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many want to keep this up in the next release?

Me
- 16 (22.9%)
Me!
- 54 (77.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 261

Author Topic: DF from scratch: The entirely player-made universe succession.  (Read 495831 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: DF from scratch: The entirely player-made universe succession.
« Reply #1110 on: July 31, 2013, 01:05:53 pm »

Yeah, I'd be interested to have a look as well. Just professional curiosity, I want to know how bad you guys messed up all the nice DF raws, and added fancy-pants words like "STRUCTURE" instead of "STRUCTURAL" and all that. :P

Pah! There's no need to follow Toady's conventions when writing these raws.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1111 on: July 31, 2013, 01:13:15 pm »

No, there isnt. But lets just hypotheticaly assume (omg, I hope that is more or less correct english) that someone (Not-Meph) would like to steal something from here... maybe not the blimb-gazelle, but I am sure that someone (Not-Meph) would have a close look at the raws and shamelessly take all the good ideas he (or she) can find, and put it in another mod.

And then, the errorlog will explode my netbook, because all tags and names and ids are wrong. :P
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: July 31, 2013, 02:42:54 pm »

I'm just taking a shot in the dark here guys, but I think that meph is saying the he *might* want to *borrow* some assets ;)

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: July 31, 2013, 02:53:00 pm »

No, there isnt. But lets just hypotheticaly assume (omg, I hope that is more or less correct english) that someone (Not-Meph) would like to steal something from here... maybe not the blimb-gazelle, but I am sure that someone (Not-Meph) would have a close look at the raws and shamelessly take all the good ideas he (or she) can find, and put it in another mod.

And then, the errorlog will explode my netbook, because all tags and names and ids are wrong. :P

Well, it's not like we're capable of making new tokens here, plus this is a self-contained ecosystem of mods by design. If you want to borrow something, well, if you use our materials too it's fine, and if you use yours you'll have to rewrite that part anyway - there are no references to outside materials. Whether ours is called STRUCTURE or STRUCTURAL is immaterial (and in this case irrelevant anyway since it's completely internal to that creature :p)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: July 31, 2013, 02:56:29 pm »

But seriously, my RAWs are out of date. Can I get a link please?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: July 31, 2013, 03:02:16 pm »

Unless I'm missing something the first post should have the most recent links. Sackhead hasn't introduced any bugfixes yet.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: July 31, 2013, 03:03:54 pm »

Most recent version should be Sackhead's, uploaded on download-site-that-is-not-DFFD; most complete would be Sackhead's graphicalized raws plus my alchemy stuff, if he didn't add that in (my memory timeline is a bit vague; he may not have had the chance).

Honestly, thanks to the fact that we all use our own code at the end of our raws, and we all seem to be using separate files for our stuff, using the most recent raw set isn't even necessary. If you used an older version, your raw folder and the actual most recent raw folder could be merged and the stuff you didn't edit overwritten safely.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: July 31, 2013, 03:05:35 pm »

Alright, thanks :D

I was using the link from someone's post a few pages ago, I must have mistaken it. It didn't have any of the alchemy stuff or new metals.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: July 31, 2013, 03:07:31 pm »

Almost true. You still didn't include the fix for the duplicate FINE_SAND_HLG so using your (@STL) raws is not recommended at this moment.

However, in principle yes, if you're just building say, on my and BFEL's and Leibowitz's stuff, don't need Laula's or Sackhead's, then you could just use his raws pack, build your addition on it and if it's named according to the rules then it can just be plugged in to the newest version.

Sackhead did include alchemy. Mm... would actually be really good to have a list of all the new stuff that was included.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: July 31, 2013, 03:19:36 pm »

Oh...Ooooooh. So that's why it says "awaiting final bugfix". Oh...

Uh...I'll fix that.

EDIT: Update the 7th, hopefully Update the Last, is now up. Duped raw has been eliminated. Sorry it took so long for me to fix that :)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 03:31:34 pm by StLeibowitz »
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: August 01, 2013, 12:55:43 am »

Most recent version should be Sackhead's, uploaded on download-site-that-is-not-DFFD; most complete would be Sackhead's graphicalized raws plus my alchemy stuff, if he didn't add that in (my memory timeline is a bit vague; he may not have had the chance).

Honestly, thanks to the fact that we all use our own code at the end of our raws, and we all seem to be using separate files for our stuff, using the most recent raw set isn't even necessary. If you used an older version, your raw folder and the actual most recent raw folder could be merged and the stuff you didn't edit overwritten safely.
yes your alchemy is in.
on bugfixes i will upload if anyone notices bugs.

TheClam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: August 01, 2013, 01:21:15 am »

I'm having a bit of a problem with that race I'm making for this mod- everything to do with them works absolutely fine now after some ironing out of bugs, except that for some reason the game refuses to let me give them an attack. Here's the limb I want to get to attack:
Code: [Select]
[BP:RTENTACLE_ONE:first right arm:STP][GRASP][CON:BELL][LIMB][RIGHT][CATEGORY:ARM]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:100]

Here's the attack I'm trying to give them (basically an enhanced version of the punch which halfling put in to start off with)
[CREATURE_VARIATION:BLUDGEON_ATTACK_CLAM]
[CV_NEW_TAG:ATTACK:BLUDGEON:BODYPART:BY_CATEGORY:ARM]
[CV_NEW_TAG:ATTACK_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE]
[CV_NEW_TAG:ATTACK_VERB:bludgeon:bludgeons]
[CV_NEW_TAG:ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:5]
[CV_NEW_TAG:ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
[CV_NEW_TAG:ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
[CV_NEW_TAG:ATTACK_VELOCITY_MODIFIER:400]

and here's the errorlog which is generated every time I start up the arena:
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_clam.txt"
NETCH_CLAM:NETCH:Attack BLUDGEON seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added

I know that it's basically saying it can't find anything to give the attack, but since I've tested it and the above limbs do indeed appear on the creatures I've being making when I spawn them into the arena, I can't work out what's wrong. Since you guys seem to be much better than me at this, I wondered if any of you might know what the problem is.

EDIT:fixed the code to how it currently looks. The problem was apparently not the hand/arm mismatch since I'm still getting the exact same error message. Any other ideas?

EDIT 2: Okay, I found the solution. Having been modding for all of one day, I didn't know you had to define the body used by a creature before you started giving them attacks. I probably should have thought of it sooner. Anyway, I'll probably be posting my civ of jellyfish before long.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 11:52:36 am by TheClam »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: August 01, 2013, 01:39:28 am »

CV_NEW_ATTACK:BLUDGEON:BODYPART:BY_CATEGORY:HAND. You want ARM.

TheClam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: August 01, 2013, 02:02:38 am »

EDIT: OKAY, no need to worry, nothing to see here... damn, I feel stupid.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 02:56:57 am by TheClam »

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: August 01, 2013, 09:51:42 am »

Is the body being defined before the CV is used?
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 261