Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2208487 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (.34.07)
« Reply #2100 on: June 23, 2012, 08:29:11 pm »

Either one works, though using a retracting bridge as a trapdoor can be used if you'd rather get rid of things in bulk, or if you rather we just pitch things down into the magma.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: June 23, 2012, 08:31:13 pm »

Dig a stair shaft from top to bottom. Straight. Preferably directly into the magma sea. Afterwards, channel a shaft out next to it. On a piece of ground next to the top of the channeled shaft, make an area designated as a garbage dump. That's all there is to it. No more miasma because we can't go above ground. :) Just remember not to dump anything important, because dwarves would much rather watch something go plop into magma than put it into another garbage dump that's closer... And I mean that.

On a different note - what's going on with the massive zombie siege outside that nobody really mentioned much?

Edit: Splint, you're a ninja. This is twice now.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: June 23, 2012, 08:41:52 pm »

I think I'll inform everyone for roleplay purposes that Mr Frog's departure from Spearbreakers as mentioned in my recent side post is far from permanent and he actually returns surprisingly-quickly.

(It'll probably be a bit before I get around to writing again, so I thought it best to lay that out.)
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: June 23, 2012, 08:45:44 pm »

Yes. Yes I am.

I have for some reason viewed the company Mr Frog once worked for as an SCP type thing.... Dunno why.
What with wormholes they have (Which seem to function on a crapshoot principle) An endless staircase of psychological trauma seems well within thier bounds. hell it sounds like something  Ballpoint Tech. Would do for fun.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: June 23, 2012, 09:54:04 pm »

Mr Frog - I'd figured such. Time travel can be a useful thing. I'm half-tempted to write something about it just because I'm such a hardcore sci-fi nut, but one, I don't want to mess up your bubble universes, two, I have a plot going already, and three, I don't have anybody who would go there. lol   But it's good so far.
Also, since you didn't nitpick my entry, I'm going to assume that it receives the "Mr Frog Stamp of Approval (Or at Least Not Disapproval)" as to plot holes.

I have for some reason viewed the company Mr Frog once worked for as an SCP type thing...
This. Very much this.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: June 23, 2012, 10:16:12 pm »

Also, since you didn't nitpick my entry, I'm going to assume that it receives the "Mr Frog Stamp of Approval (Or at Least Not Disapproval)" as to plot holes.

I have for some reason viewed the company Mr Frog once worked for as an SCP type thing...
This. Very much this.

I like that suddenly Mr Frog is now some sort of quasi judge for all our writings, the good guy of a story, the bad guy of a story, the protagonist of another story, and his dorf is barely existent as far as the fortress actual is concerned. We've got a Mr Frog cult building.

And yes, they are very much like SCP it seems. Unethical, highly dangerous experiments? Check. Operatives of hideous power and filled to the brim with crazy? Check. Operates outside of and laughs at the laws of physics? Check. Has giant regenerating lizard monster of doom in tank of acid? Remains to be seen...
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: June 23, 2012, 10:25:53 pm »

We've got a Mr Frog cult building.
Yesssssss, a story needs to be written on this. He needs an unofficial fan... Someone who isn't off their nut and crazy about cavies. lol

Has giant regenerating lizard monster of doom in tank of acid? Remains to be seen...
Dear Armok, it's the forgotten beast that surprises us and takes down the fortress in the end. I remember reading that one... lol

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: June 24, 2012, 05:24:59 am »

@Splint:

ARGH. Your little comment just prompted a 5-hour-long SCP Foundation binge* and I am NEVER SLEEPING EVER AGAIN. Or looking directly at a mirror, turning my back to an empty space, or sampling any foodstuff that has not been thoroughly cooked at high temperature so as to neutralize all freaky extraterrestrial bug spores.

*@Talvi: Which, incidentally, is why I haven't actually gotten around to reading your most recent entry, which is why you shouldn't get your hopes up quite yet :p

So basically, I'm a masochistic wuss and you are an awful, awful human being :p

@Hansie:

That's right, feed my raging god complex :D

I'm not sure if I like the implied equating of dorf!Mr Frog with myself, though... I don't really identify with him any more so than I do any of the other characters I've written.

I do like the idea of someone thinking that Mr Frog, with his impressive stature and advanced technological knowledge beyond the scope of what anyone in Spearbreakersland knows, is some kind of divine prophet.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 05:29:55 am by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: June 24, 2012, 10:23:49 am »

I am NEVER SLEEPING EVER AGAIN. Or looking directly at a mirror, turning my back to an empty space, or sampling any foodstuff that has not been thoroughly cooked at high temperature so as to neutralize all freaky extraterrestrial bug spores.
Sounds like you enjoyed it. :) lol  You could probably use some sleep, though.

*@Talvi: ... I haven't actually gotten around to reading your most recent entry, which is why you shouldn't get your hopes up quite yet :p
Eh, oh well. I'm sure you'll read it at some point.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: June 24, 2012, 10:27:53 am »

@ Mr Frog - I think he seems more painted as a combination drug-addict/legendary mechanical engineer/dabbeling weapon designer myself. I imagine he'd had to have learned how to use at least a few weapons whenever his research projects required going to dangerous places and just built off the little knowlege he had to make new tools for this world's dwarves.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: June 24, 2012, 10:51:02 am »

Or perhaps he's like The Doctor and just runs around with a sonic chisel, putting his (well-placed) trust in his wits to keep him alive... :D Plus, I have a feeling he probably stole quite a few things from his old world (if "stole" is the correct word, which I think it is). Think about it - if you were going in a time machine back to the dark ages, and you were planning on living there for a while, wouldn't you bring some modern conveniences along to make life easier? Or perhaps you might even bring some useless things just to impress the locals into revering you. Though Technology is the "magic" of today, in older times if someone saw something they didn't understand, they called it "magic" - I imagine they'd even call the screen you're looking at magical, but you have at least a vague idea of how it works, and you understand very well how to hook it up and turn it on. Dwarf Mr Frog doesn't have to completely understand how all the gadgets he has stashed in his room work - he just has to know how to operate them.

edited because grammar.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 03:12:44 pm by Talvieno »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: June 24, 2012, 11:04:57 am »

Seems magic is the only words they have for the tablet he has. Althought to most dwarves it probably just looks like a fancy metal brick with some glass in it. And Dorf!Splint has a basic understanding of someone his tools and the chainsword. Noow the fancy lab gear just looks like a bunch of random glass mugs, vials, tubes, and metal odds and ends.

But still, him trying to claim power would've garnered unwanted attention from much better armed men then he could hope to muster. Better amred men unafraid to risk losing limbs in uppity rift generators it seems.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: June 24, 2012, 11:26:49 am »

"Eh, its just a leg. Gimme a crutch and some beer and I'll be fine." -Absolutely every dwarf ever.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: June 24, 2012, 09:22:59 pm »

Ahem. Bump?  >:(
He's fucking with us.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: June 24, 2012, 09:23:34 pm »

"Eh, its just a leg. Gimme a crutch and some beer and I'll be fine." -Absolutely every dwarf ever.
I can really easily imagine that being said in a Scottish accent.

Possible story update soon. I don't think Mr Frog will be judging my previous entry in the near future.

Hello, Hanslanda, you ninja. ;D
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 09:25:43 pm by Talvieno »
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 815