Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 502 503 [504] 505 506 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2208296 times)

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #7545 on: February 06, 2013, 01:24:23 pm »

Hrm... I'm not quite sure when. I think you said it in the past couple of weeks, but I can't seem to find it.

As to requests... I'd feel ashamed to ask, honestly. It doesn't seem fair of me to want anything else - I already have two pictures of V, as well as one of Talvi. (Which reminds me, I hope you don't mind my posting them (and other related arts) in the novel thread. If you want me to take them back down, I don't have any problem with it. It's mostly your art, anyway.)

Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7546 on: February 06, 2013, 02:50:06 pm »

In fact as a precaution I wanna get the invasion of hell over with and would like to ask if you guys mind if I autodump the remains and such outside so I can hurry up with the invasion (I wanna do something memorable y'know?)

Given how long it's been since that invasion was first being planned, I think speeding it up a bit would be perfectly acceptable.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7547 on: February 06, 2013, 02:55:34 pm »

Hey I have no problem with abiding by specific requests, so long as I'm given specific details. Otherwise I tend to improvise and nobody wants that 90% of the time.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7548 on: February 06, 2013, 04:23:13 pm »

Dump everything that needs to be dumped. Atomsmash it if you want. Let's get Hell and Time in with this clusterfuck!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7549 on: February 06, 2013, 06:03:25 pm »

THere's not a terribly great ammount in general, it's largely teeth and severed limbs causing so much clutter. What's the normal amount of time for a dwarf to be asleep for in a given season? Also how long will it take the drowsy status to go away, since Fischer and Draignean both have it despite being asleep.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7550 on: February 06, 2013, 06:10:46 pm »

Yeah I wouldn't mind it getting sped up. If it can be done to make the story and fortress more interesting I'm all for it.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #7551 on: February 06, 2013, 06:23:01 pm »

I think your voice may be a lot lower than you realize. Maybe everybody has a deeper voice up there, and you're judging by comparison? lol (joking, but seriously... that's deep. Contrabass deep, even.)

My voice can indeed go lower than that. I was trying my best to speak in a monotone; I slipped up a couple times, but I still wasn't using anything close to my full range. (Also, for anyone who has no clue what he means by 'up there', I'm a Canuck.)

As for the issues... listen carefully. I was having a massive anxiety attack as I recorded that, and although I did my best to repress it, there are multiple points where my control falters and my panic starts to show through slightly -- at one point, I break character almost-entirely and start muttering rapidly under my breath for a few seconds.

I think it's long past time we conquer Hell. Maybe give Talvi time to finish his story, just in case we die.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7552 on: February 06, 2013, 06:27:58 pm »

Oh we won't I'll make sure of that in the preparations.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7553 on: February 06, 2013, 06:40:30 pm »

Maybe give Talvi time to finish his story, just in case we die.
Noooooooo. Will not happen. I'm not going to be the cause of Spearbreakers not getting updated for a few months. >.> Seriously, I have a lot left to do. Even if I end the story at the end of the Parasol arc (which still leaves Joseph on the loose) you're looking at another 10 chapters or so.

...Yeah, I made it way too long. :\ I doubt that anybody in their right mind would normally want to read this much, but people were bored, and this is supposedly entertaining. Plus, this is the first succession fortress that has a series of novels to go along with it, which is cool. And my fault.

I break character almost-entirely and start muttering rapidly under my breath for a few seconds.
Oh, that's what that was. :\ I thought it was being awesomely in-character, as in great acting.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Lennoxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7554 on: February 06, 2013, 06:46:47 pm »

Maybe give Talvi time to finish his story, just in case we die.
Noooooooo. Will not happen. I'm not going to be the cause of Spearbreakers not getting updated for a few months. >.> Seriously, I have a lot left to do. Even if I end the story at the end of the Parasol arc (which still leaves Joseph on the loose) you're looking at another 10 chapters or so.

I don't mind reading another 10 chapters, I quite like these kind of stories.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7555 on: February 06, 2013, 06:48:15 pm »

Hearing about Spearbreakers conquering hell when she returns should prove interest, at least Vanya's reaction anyway.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7556 on: February 06, 2013, 07:14:35 pm »

I think your voice may be a lot lower than you realize. Maybe everybody has a deeper voice up there, and you're judging by comparison? lol (joking, but seriously... that's deep. Contrabass deep, even.)

My voice can indeed go lower than that. I was trying my best to speak in a monotone; I slipped up a couple times, but I still wasn't using anything close to my full range. (Also, for anyone who has no clue what he means by 'up there', I'm a Canuck.)

As for the issues... listen carefully. I was having a massive anxiety attack as I recorded that, and although I did my best to repress it, there are multiple points where my control falters and my panic starts to show through slightly -- at one point, I break character almost-entirely and start muttering rapidly under my breath for a few seconds.

I think it's long past time we conquer Hell. Maybe give Talvi time to finish his story, just in case we die.

You're Canadian too? Hmm I seem to be running into a lot of Canadians on various forums lately. (I'm Canadian as well)
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7557 on: February 06, 2013, 09:40:28 pm »

@Talvieno

If, as I recall, Vanya's journals are told in the style of a noarrator reading a history book, then it won't matter when you finish, the end result is the same. We could conquer Hell now and you could still be writing about Vanya's arrival.

bezment78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7558 on: February 07, 2013, 02:40:10 am »

Hey Guys You're One Of The Best Good Job ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7559 on: February 07, 2013, 02:45:20 am »

Welcome newcomer. Glad you're enjoying it.
Pages: 1 ... 502 503 [504] 505 506 ... 815