Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 590 591 [592] 593 594 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2208320 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #8865 on: August 02, 2013, 07:33:11 am »

That was a great piece, Lolfail. You've really drastically improved.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8866 on: August 02, 2013, 07:38:25 am »

Thanks Reudh :3

I was just following the writing styles of Christopher Paolini and... that other bloke who I can't remember '^^
Seems to have worked.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8867 on: August 02, 2013, 07:49:12 am »

I was just following the writing styles of Christopher Paolini and... that other bloke who I can't remember '^^
Seems to have worked.

Garth Nix?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8868 on: August 02, 2013, 12:34:33 pm »

Woo! The fisher of spawn's limbs is awake!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8869 on: August 02, 2013, 08:17:24 pm »

If Fischer's awake, then how will Splint hold onto the goal of making sure this is the last turn of Spearbreaker's tale?  On the bright side, if it is managed, then there is no doubt that it will be suitably epic.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8870 on: August 02, 2013, 10:53:44 pm »

Seems to have worked.

Garth Nix?

No, it was Mark Frost.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8871 on: August 03, 2013, 03:24:35 am »

If Fischer's awake, then how will Splint hold onto the goal of making sure this is the last turn of Spearbreaker's tale?  On the bright side, if it is managed, then there is no doubt that it will be suitably epic.

As much as I wanted to beat the general length, I think the past few months have proven it's time to begin plotting the deaths of- I mean gathering out stuff for the next fateful fortress.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8872 on: August 03, 2013, 06:10:03 pm »

Oh dear.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8873 on: August 04, 2013, 11:48:08 am »

Sigh. It appears that it was temporary. They suddenly became drowsy again and it hasn't been fixed by sleeping.

Perpetual sleeping sickness if probably the only syndrome I actually don't think has any right to exist simply because it's no fun in any sense of the word.

Blood vomit toxins, skin and eye rote, nervous tissue breakdown... All of them would be preferable and at least marginally more entertaining than being left with let them die or keep them watered and fed until old age gets them, because both are boring as hell.

Sorry about that minirant, but I am understandably not happy with this development.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8874 on: August 04, 2013, 04:16:15 pm »

Sigh. It appears that it was temporary. They suddenly became drowsy again and it hasn't been fixed by sleeping.

Perpetual sleeping sickness if probably the only syndrome I actually don't think has any right to exist simply because it's no fun in any sense of the word.

Blood vomit toxins, skin and eye rote, nervous tissue breakdown... All of them would be preferable and at least marginally more entertaining than being left with let them die or keep them watered and fed until old age gets them, because both are boring as hell.

Sorry about that minirant, but I am understandably not happy with this development.
Tomio pats splint on the head.
I know the feeling, my friend. I know the feeling.
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8875 on: August 04, 2013, 05:50:47 pm »

If Internet Explorer can ask to be my default browser, then Fischer can gtfo her bed.
Or canon!Fischer could be cured with no ill side-effects...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8876 on: August 05, 2013, 11:45:29 am »

I'm just going to go with her being fine for story purposes. I may try to wake her ass up when an attack comes though so she can take part. Should have an update on hand today.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8877 on: August 05, 2013, 02:03:34 pm »

Here thread, have a short update!

5th Felstie, 211

-The following page appears smeared with blood and egenrally has some water damage, as do the few after it.-

Things have been quiet for the most part Fischer's resumed her duties as 1st Company's field commander, and she was decidedly upset by Awl's death, but no more so than she would be were it anyone else. Got caught in a damned blood storm checking on the mechanics who were making the way into the spikewalk even more of a death trap.

That kid who went funny in the head also finished his project. It was one hell of a nice helmet made from that goat-thing's bones and hide. Has bands of oval and cushion cut shale and crystal glass around it with a row of gypsum spikes between them, leather and silk skullcap and a silk chinstrap. There's also bands of raised bone and beast hide near the bottom and a crown on each side. Pretty nice even if it isn't worth much. Calls it Bomrekgitnuk, "Whipmint." Kind of a queer name, but hey, who am I to judge?

Speaking of which he joined 1st Squad. Couldn't find a pike so he took a bronze whip, put that fancy bone hat on and went to the Iron Barracks. not sure why he went with the whip to be honest.

12th Felsite, 211

Another freak of nature showed up according to Mr Frog's funny observation equipment. Col. Fischer says she has an idea that will require a fresh batch of spears and pikes and possibly a cave in but it should work. I sent the orders down to Rodge and he'll make sure the miners get their part done. If all goes well that toxin spewing bird will be done with and Dauros will be able to take down that spider.

Every time something like that shows up I'm reminded why this place sucks. It's a damned magnet for weird shit like this.

13th Felsite, 211

Barkeaters are here. Gonna give them some incentive to piss the hell off.
After we take any combat capable animals of course.

-

Dauros wasted the two pack animals and one of the merchants and let one of them go. Let's see if the little fuckers have anything to say about that this year.

19th Felsite, 211

Just got wind of an attack topside. Spawn. I've alerted 2nd Squad to stay on alert and Dauros went to deal with the scout force alone.

-

Several spawn captured, at least one gummed up a trap, and Dauros got the rest. That dwarf is a damned fine example of how dwarves of old fought.

There was also a group that got in and messed up OverlordTNT. She was bringing some loot from the barkeaters in when a second group of ambushers crept into the depot. I have some newfound respect for the Duke too. Almost killed three spawn on his own, but he was too late to save OverlordTNT. Poor girl suffocated after a neck injury.

[And here's why Savero now has newfound respect for Splint.
[/IMG]
Kill 1

Kill 2

In the process of making kill 3]

It got  little dicey there since those three actually made it into part of the fortress proper, even if they didn't live very long. The Duke was pretty pissed at Skitara though because she killed the third spawn right before he could land the death blow.

I don't even want to know what summer has for us if spawn actually making it in is what Spring gave us.

So year. Splint did pretty good, scoring two spawn kills and actually bashing the arms off of the third before Skitara came along and shanked it with her pike. OverlordTNT died sadly, but such is life in Dwarf Fortress.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8878 on: August 05, 2013, 02:15:10 pm »

Nice gubbins.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8879 on: August 05, 2013, 07:36:37 pm »

The fortress is in good hands, I feel.
Pages: 1 ... 590 591 [592] 593 594 ... 815