Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 591 592 [593] 594 595 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2208320 times)

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #8880 on: August 05, 2013, 08:24:46 pm »

I just realized, there is so much cross-contamination between all the different universes/timelines/realities/whatever that I'm not sure anyone would bat an eye if Godzilla showed up as a Sith lord from Krypton, leading an army of robot space cowboys riding atop chocobos.  What does that say about this fort?

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8881 on: August 05, 2013, 08:27:19 pm »

I just realized, there is so much cross-contamination between all the different universes/timelines/realities/whatever that I'm not sure anyone would bat an eye if Godzilla showed up as a Sith lord from Krypton, leading an army of robot space cowboys riding atop chocobos.  What does that say about this fort?

That we need to kick it up a notch.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8882 on: August 05, 2013, 08:48:23 pm »

Imagination.exe has crashed attempting to visualize this hilarious concept. Please try again later.

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8883 on: August 05, 2013, 09:30:35 pm »

I'm going to take that as acknowledgment that we may very well have gone past the point of jumping the shark into the realm of a perpetual shark-jump. 
Only
  • Instead of sharks, we have FBs, each uglier and more dangerous than the last
  • Instead of jumping, we're riding a booze-based rocket made from a giant mug
  • And we have Fischer riding shotgun, tearing spawn in half barehanded along the way

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8884 on: August 06, 2013, 04:51:27 am »

I think this should go into the quotes section.
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8885 on: August 06, 2013, 05:12:36 am »

I think this should go into the quotes section.
Seconded.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8886 on: August 08, 2013, 10:06:30 am »

A bump and an OOC update.

I seem to have caused a small construction accident that put a hole through the roof of a store room. Not sure if anyone's dead yet.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8887 on: August 08, 2013, 10:13:24 am »

Imagination.exe has crashed attempting to visualize this hilarious concept. Please try again later.
I want to sig this but I dont have space.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8888 on: August 08, 2013, 01:42:51 pm »

I just noticed I earned a title for killing those spawn. I am now known as "The Rare Justice of Boulders" apparently. That... Kinda fits I guess? Since our group is The Rock of Strength.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8889 on: August 08, 2013, 02:04:03 pm »

Apparently we dont have much justice...
Highly Opinionated Fool

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8890 on: August 08, 2013, 03:20:19 pm »

25th Felsite, 211

"We have no longland seeds, we have no longland seeds" GODS that gets old fast. I've told them to stop trying to plant things because we have enough food lying around. Maybe whats his name, the druggie. Reyuth, or Reudh... One of those, maybe he was on to something about switching to food exports.

Finally got the mills and the extra traps done and I sent that funny talking fellow Choppa to do his job and chop some trees. I can't really place his accent though. Sounds like he may have spent a little too much time up north in Harlech. Heard there was some snowy mountain up there now that I think about it.

26th Felsite, 211

Decided we need a new training space and a dedicated ranged squad. The 3rd Squad fellows do the job alright but they're all hammerlords and it shows; they spend more time smashing skulls and crushing ribcages than using those funny little handbows of thiers.

I figure a nice open air addition to the fortress will be good for us. And boo on what the Parasol people say about. Besides, an open air target range will let a squad take pot shots at the ravens that keep fliting in and out of the area.

28th Felsite, 211

Ok, I seem to have been proven wrong about the project. There was a cave-in yesterday that put a hole through a storeroom. Aira, No-hair and her sprog, Deman, Gremlin, and Cabo were all knocked out for a bit but are otherwise unhurt, aside from the concussions. Not really sure how that happened, but no matter. Nobody died so it's all good.

1st Hemtatite, 211

For the love of Armok, is it really so hard to remove sections of ground without freaking holes getting punch through our roof? I was down in the storeroom inspecting the damage from yesterday when out of nowhere a hunk of ceiling comes crashing down and the next thing I know I'm waking up on top of one of the Duke's braindead guards and us both on top of a giant dingo that I think belongs to said guard! And to add insult to injury Aira was in the room and just fucking laughed at us.

I hope the spawn get her next.

4th Hematite, 211

We've managed to finish the little reshaping project without further incident. The first part of our traps are also complete, being five repeating spike traps loaded with all the spikes and spears we had, be they metal or wood, and one cave-in trap.

10th Hematite, 211

Why nobody cleaned up that spawn that was rotting in the depot is beyond me. God those things reek! Even moreso than when they're alive, if  freshly beat to death counts as that.

25th Hematite, 211

Well, most of the work reshaping the area is nearly done but we'll have a shortage of building materials for the foreseeable future. We're also 13 bricks shy of finishing the road into the old wagon tunnel. I figure since what's his name went to the trouble of commissioning it we may as well try to get it up and running again. Mr Frog. That was the name I wanted.

Been busy keeping tabs on everything else otherwise. I gotta say, this job is starting to grow on me, as are the black-whites. Something seems... Off though. I dunno what exactly, but it still feels off.

2nd Malachite, 211

Well, now I know why something felt off. Guess they didn't like what we've been doing for the last couple years...

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8891 on: August 08, 2013, 03:48:02 pm »

Why is it that you all love pissing off the elves? I mean, look at the cool shit they haul over for us to eat?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8892 on: August 08, 2013, 03:52:37 pm »

Why is it that you all love pissing off the elves? I mean, look at the cool shit they haul over for us to eat?

We can get the same things from humans. And the only useful things they bring are cloth (something that we can grow ourselves) and exotic animals, some of which are borderline useless or are entirely useless.

We have jaguars, and as such they have outlived their usefulness.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8893 on: August 08, 2013, 04:11:49 pm »

I was talking about the animals.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #8894 on: August 10, 2013, 12:21:28 am »

Apparently we dont have much justice...

This amused me slightly.

I seem to have caused a small construction accident that put a hole through the roof of a store room. Not sure if anyone's dead yet.

Such is the chaos of Spearbreakers that a good dozen dwarves could die/go missing and pretty much nobody would notice or care.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies
Pages: 1 ... 591 592 [593] 594 595 ... 815