Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2208332 times)

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #9810 on: January 31, 2014, 11:23:06 pm »

...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through 0:)benevolent faerie magicks0:). He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration :)  Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

Sig'd. There is your answer. Also, are you using FIT_FOR_ANIMATION or FIT_FOR_RESURRECTION.

Also, I'm moving my observations here, cause I think they got lost...
E: Just found my notes on the SB 2 mod...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Since then, I embarked on a savage biome. HAHAHAHAHAHA! Everything died. Small animals bled to death(crundles, a pit gorlak, eagles, wolverines...) and large ones went insane(LIKES_FIGHTING I presume) attacking my dwarves. The mutations also might override my custom curses. So no wizards or resurrecting priests.
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #9811 on: January 31, 2014, 11:47:18 pm »

@Starweaver:

I'm currently using FIT_FOR_RESURRECTION. I did naïvely use FIT_FOR_ANIMATION at first, resulting in the headsplosion, but I twigged onto the problem and fixed it. Good guess, though.

Then, spawn sickness seems to make them turn before they get the actual fever.

I'm pretty sure you're just misunderstanding how the tags work, unless Splint changed something. I tested the hell out of that shit.

large ones went insane(LIKES_FIGHTING I presume)

That would be the CRAZED tag, I think. LIKES_FIGHTING just makes them less likely to back down from a fight.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9812 on: February 01, 2014, 02:01:15 am »

A little off topic, but it looks like the Scythod may end up being our best trade partners; what you ask for is exactly what you get :P

Cynm

• Bay Watcher
  • For the Swarm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9813 on: February 01, 2014, 03:11:10 pm »

What about adding small tough creatures to use as target practice? I'm thinking something like a slime that you can't kill with blunt weapons and that attacks indiscriminately. Then we have something to train on. In order to make it a double edged sword we could have them excrete some nasty syndrome(I'm thinking nausea and severe bruising) when killed, so you have to be careful not to kill them.
"In case of stairs, use fire"

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9814 on: February 01, 2014, 03:14:04 pm »

Slime would come apart against a solid boot, so something akin to a more numerous and grumpy flesh ball would be better.

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile
« Reply #9815 on: February 01, 2014, 03:41:03 pm »

I'm pretty sure you're just misunderstanding how the tags work, unless Splint changed something. I tested the hell out of that shit.
-
That would be the CRAZED tag, I think. LIKES_FIGHTING just makes them less likely to back down from a fight.

Entirely possible that I misunderstood how tags work, but if I did, then the interaction is saying they get fever(after three months?), peak a month later, then drop the fever after another month.
[CE_FEVER:SEV:100:START:100000:PEAK:20960:END:20960]
To me, it seems there should be an extra 1 on both peak and end. Repeat, entirely possible I'm wrong.
-
As to the insane animals, they were only attacking my dwarves. I'm apparently terrible at being specific.
-
Slime would come apart against a solid boot, so something akin to a more numerous and grumpy flesh ball would be better.
*Starweaver has claimed a workshop!*
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9816 on: February 01, 2014, 04:14:11 pm »

I wonder is he means a giant sponge...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile
« Reply #9817 on: February 01, 2014, 06:53:55 pm »

Effectively. I copied their RAWs and added some stuff. Unfortu-neat-ely, my tribbles are invulnerable. They can neither kill, nor be killed. I got a dwarf with nothing but a short sword from no skill to legendary. Then he passed out after months of fighting, and succumbed to an infection in his finger nail(the only part the tribbles could damage.) Is this success or failure?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9818 on: February 01, 2014, 06:57:03 pm »

Effectively. I copied their RAWs and added some stuff. Unfortu-neat-ely, my tribbles are invulnerable. They can neither kill, nor be killed. I got a dwarf with nothing but a short sword from no skill to legendary. Then he passed out after months of fighting, and succumbed to an infection in his finger nail(the only part the tribbles could damage.) Is this success or failure?
About 50-50 in my book. Mostly because of death by broken nail.

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile
« Reply #9819 on: February 01, 2014, 07:03:49 pm »

About 50-50 in my book. Mostly because of death by broken nail.

I just added an attack, to see if I could lower their power... No. They only became stronger. They can keep their default push attack. I need to give them bleed-out deaths though...

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #9820 on: February 01, 2014, 07:20:05 pm »

Entirely possible that I misunderstood how tags work, but if I did, then the interaction is saying they get fever(after three months?), peak a month later, then drop the fever after another month.
[CE_FEVER:SEV:100:START:100000:PEAK:20960:END:20960]
To me, it seems there should be an extra 1 on both peak and end. Repeat, entirely possible I'm wrong.

Yes, the tags work more-or-less as you state in the crossed-out section. It took me a bit to twig onto that as well; during arena testing I was baffled as to why they weren't getting fevers until I realised my mistake.

As to the insane animals, they were only attacking my dwarves. I'm apparently terrible at being specific.

Yep, that's almost certainly LIKES_FIGHTING. Sorry. 'Insane' was a misleading choice of words.

RE: Training dummies: perhaps we could add in an interaction that temporarily raises nearby corpses and renders them helpless, allowing soldiers to beat on them.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile
« Reply #9821 on: February 01, 2014, 07:33:58 pm »

RE: Training dummies: perhaps we could add in an interaction that temporarily raises nearby corpses and renders them helpless, allowing soldiers to beat on them.
Interesting thought... though you would have to keep your weirdo necromancer away from the frontlines.

Also, the blood of 38 tribbles proves that they can be killed if you give them hearts. Though there is apparently NEVER a time when you should send unarmored dwarves outside. Fingernails are still weak points.

creature

other

I've only tested them in the arena, but I'm a little annoyed so... Here!

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9822 on: February 01, 2014, 07:47:34 pm »

You have no clue how badly I want a pet tribble now.

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile
« Reply #9823 on: February 01, 2014, 07:53:56 pm »

lol. Just lol.
Add [PET]
   [ADOPTS_OWNER]
and change pet value to something like 20-25. And maybe [COMMON_DOMESTIC] to make them yours. They are harmless, though so don't expect much.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 07:55:33 pm by Starweaver396 »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9824 on: February 01, 2014, 07:59:28 pm »

lol. Just lol.
Add [PET]
   [ADOPTS_OWNER]
and change pet value to something like 20-25. And maybe [COMMON_DOMESTIC] to make them yours. They are harmless, though so don't expect much.

Our enemies will have to wade through a carpet of pushy doom before they may face our warriors.
Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 815