Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 705 706 [707] 708 709 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2208632 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

Vanya's an elf?

Really? Comeon, the facts that shes tall, covers her ears and has little-to-none facial hair dident tip you off?
I've only read 6 chapters... :/

Wait till you get to Chapter 30, where it is revealed that
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Remember, the spawn need a good balance of lethality. Recruits will be torn to pieces while heavily regimented soldiers will be able to match them blow for blow.

Eeyup. Got it. I haven't let you down yet, have I? (Modding-wise, I mean.)

Not so far, pretty clear you got a knack for it man. :D

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Vanya's an elf?

Really? Comeon, the facts that shes tall, covers her ears and has little-to-none facial hair dident tip you off?

Wait till you get to Chapter 30, where it is revealed that
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pppfpfpfpfpfpft Alright. Anyway. My one regret about Spearbreakers is that I never really participated in the story. :/ It is a really great story.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't worry Captain M. You have SBII to participate.

And to think, none of this would have happened if I wasn't an obsessive control freak!

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@CaptainMcCrunch:

If you want to make yourself useful, playtest the trash golems for me while I work on updating the Spawn, then report back on how horrifically overpowered I made them.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Don't worry Captain M. You have SBII to participate.

And to think, none of this would have happened if I wasn't an obsessive control freak!
Hear hear! Congrats for Splint's obsession with control! :D

Anyway, I need to finish writing the story of how Ringo gets to SBII first. Should have plenty of time.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Only until various things are updated.

As to the trash golems I'll probably give'em a go after I run Copperforests into the ground.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Link to the SB raws for playtesting then?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Captain Crunch:

Trash golems can be found here. I want to implement Talvi's suggestion that I give them variable limbs, but the Spawn take priority so I'll focus on updating those next.

And interesting avatar by the way.

Heehee, thanks. I made it myself.

Mr Frog, I think your account's been hacked! Ppft! Good job, quit messin' with me though! ;P ( Nah, I know you're messing with Talvieno. )

Pardon me, but I'm a bit dumb right now (must be the summer heat) and I'm not sure what you're talking about here :V

I'll upload the initial 40x Spawn once I've finished balancing them.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

@Captain Crunch:

Trash golems can be found here. I want to implement Talvi's suggestion that I give them variable limbs, but the Spawn take priority so I'll focus on updating those next.

And interesting avatar by the way.

Heehee, thanks. I made it myself.

Mr Frog, I think your account's been hacked! Ppft! Good job, quit messin' with me though! ;P ( Nah, I know you're messing with Talvieno. )

Pardon me, but I'm a bit dumb right now (must be the summer heat) and I'm not sure what you're talking about here :V

I'll upload the initial 40x Spawn once I've finished balancing them.
Danke.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile

Vanya's an elf?

XD Lol, yeah. Spoilers. It's a reveal in chapter seven... :P You're one chapter short. But no, she's an elf - I wanted the challenge of making an elf that Spearbreakers (and Bay12) could like, while retaining a certain elven aspect of her personality. I guess I was successful. :P

[/quote]
He meant you're tormenting me with a pony avatar. :P Also that he may or may have not known you were that serious of an MLP fan.

The current SB II raws need a lot of testing and fixing. I haven't really gotten to fort mode yet with the new version, sadly.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been having great fun with it. Bandits will attack you now in fort mode! :D Oh, and dwarves have a suicidal love of climbing.

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile

I've been having great fun with it. Bandits will attack you now in fort mode! :D Oh, and dwarves have a suicidal love of climbing.

I think I saw where you posted that initial thought, and I'm almost certain that you just got a normal siege. He changed the siege thing so that it doesn't make a screen pop for some reason. I'm likely wrong, but I got the same thing when the goblins attacked me with two trained squads.

As to the suicidal love of climbing, I have yet to see it. One of my dwarves got impatient and jumped over my wall to get at the goblin squad, and one of the goblins ran up a tree when all his buddies died. Other than that, I have yet to really see it happen all that much in fort mode.
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The popup was akin to when you get attacked by a titan and no new civs appear when  the civ screen is brought up. I am under the impression that these attacks are essentially bandits looking for a new hideout or easy plunder. Such attacks also include a horrid mishmash of weapons unlike proper sieges (although I could be wrong, haven't gotten an honest siege yet,) with the squad using a random mix of bows, crossbows, and assorted melee weapons or unarmed so they can punch and kick you into submission, and the last two attacks not counting elves also had some fighters armored, some not. AKA geared just like your typical bandits.

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile

LOLFAIL. I JUST NOTICED YOUR SIGNATURE. I STRONGLY CONSIDERED PUTTING THOSE LYRICS IN MY OWN SIGNATURE.
That is all.

I'll get back to you on the Bandit/Siege thing once I've gone through a few more months(and likely get my next siege.)
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?
Pages: 1 ... 705 706 [707] 708 709 ... 815