Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 709 710 [711] 712 713 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2208293 times)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile

Your girlfriend is... pretty stunningly inconsiderate, if that's the case O_o

I'm going to hold off on any major playtesting until .04, seeing as how any balancing I do will be thrown out the window once weapons work properly again.

It's fine, she's fine, she's promised to never forget that again.

So what vanilla things'll end up being edited to balance combat? Creatures or weapons? ((Or both '^^))

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Most likely creatures. Granted if we do want to still include those custom weapons (the native railgun's a must I will say at a minimum; gonna need something able to drop anything with one shot,) we may need to fiddle with them if anything's been changed.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't mean to intrude upon this thread, but I think I need some advice on how to actually read this thread. From what I can gather from the somewhat intimidating OP, little glances at the PDF (I'm not sure how up-to-date it is), and posts that I have read, understanding this thread requires having read Boatmurdered, Headshoots, and Syrupleaf. The story also seems to heavily rely on supplemental material (an entire novelette's wort, at that), which makes it an even greater mess to tackle.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Supplemental material in Vanya's story helps but isn't needed, but OVerseer updates have been slowly but surely lost track of. The wiki not being up to date doesn't help either.

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile

I don't mean to intrude upon this thread, but I think I need some advice on how to actually read this thread. From what I can gather from the somewhat intimidating OP, little glances at the PDF (I'm not sure how up-to-date it is), and posts that I have read, understanding this thread requires having read Boatmurdered, Headshoots, and Syrupleaf. The story also seems to heavily rely on supplemental material (an entire novelette's wort, at that), which makes it an even greater mess to tackle.

I started reading after the actual game ended as well, and have never read Boatmurdered, Headshoots, OR Syrupleaf. I started on page 1 of the thread and read every post to the end. It took me a couple months... ':-\ I don't know if anyone has the patience to replicate that, but the thread makes... well not sense, cause that would be... Sensible... Anyways, I know what's going on. It was well worth the time.
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile

I read every post until I reached the end, which was at that time around 500 pages. I only read the overseer updates, not any of the stories.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

* whiny noises *

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

*Gasp*
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile

Supplemental material in Vanya's story helps but isn't needed, but OVerseer updates have been slowly but surely lost track of. The wiki not being up to date doesn't help either.
Yeah... much as I hate saying it, all of Vanya's stuff is pretty much unnecessary. :-\

and sorry about the second post. I know I need to update that... but no, you don't have to read all the "prequels" to really get a good idea of what's going on. You can skim between most of the overseer updates, too.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile

I did read all the prequels, though.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

I just read the main story untill i got in and I am fine. Ish.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

and sorry about the second post. I know I need to update that...

I have learned from past mistakes in that regard. It's why my little story projects have a bunch of reserved posts now and why SBII will have them as well: So I don't have to burden any of you guys with maintenance of the updates, community contributions, keep track of casualties easier...

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

I'm kinda considering writing a song about Softa, albeit adapted from the lyrics of an existing song I really enjoy. Thoughts?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

Softa's Song (adapted from and to the tune of "From Off to On" by The Knife)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's a real rushed piece, but I listened to this song and felt like the odd double-vocals and the crooning in the song fit Softa well.
Pages: 1 ... 709 710 [711] 712 713 ... 815