Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 741 742 [743] 744 745 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2208297 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Got some work done on the mod. Switched out snatching for theft in all hostile races besides goblins (and making it acceptable so they don't fight over it.) Should reduce overall hostility some towards each other if I read the wiki right.

Rival dwarves should be pretty fun to fight, plus I'm looking into making some custom materials for use in a custom workshop ("lead-cored" steel for maces and hammers and "strong" steel to make better axes and swords.) Would also be nice to have that stuff even to fight the spawn. Make it easier to beat them to death and cut through those bones.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Got some work done on the mod. Switched out snatching for theft in all hostile races besides goblins (and making it acceptable so they don't fight over it.) Should reduce overall hostility some towards each other if I read the wiki right.

Rival dwarves should be pretty fun to fight, plus I'm looking into making some custom materials for use in a custom workshop ("lead-cored" steel for maces and hammers and "strong" steel to make better axes and swords.) Would also be nice to have that stuff even to fight the spawn. Make it easier to beat them to death and cut through those bones.
Well, if the other races are blaming the dwarves for being the Spawn, your mod should fit just fine.

Which is not an impossibility.

In fact, I highly suggest it as a plot point for SBII.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 06:25:09 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile

...Technically, we did shelter one of the creators of the Spawn (Mr Frog), but I don't see too many people condemning the Scientists who invented Nuclear Weapons, at least in the Western World. I would honestly be surprised if it wasn't different in Japan.

Doesn't matter too much though, since SB and SBII won't be directly* connected to spare confusion on the part of the readers.

*I say directly since , while it's somewhat disconnected plot-wise, it still has creatures and references from the original SB.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

...Technically, we did shelter one of the creators of the Spawn (Mr Frog), but I don't see too many people condemning the Scientists who invented Nuclear Weapons, at least in the Western World. I would honestly be surprised if it wasn't different in Japan.

Doesn't matter too much though, since SB and SBII won't be directly* connected to spare confusion on the part of the readers.

*I say directly since , while it's somewhat disconnected plot-wise, it still has creatures and references from the original SB.
This is a significant plot element.
It will be connected THAT much, surely.
That people can blame the dwarves for being Spawn-able, that is.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile

Alright, point to THeBiggerFish unless the RAWS have been changed, which I don't believe they have in that respect.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well there were plans to  include additional spawnifications for a sequel.

However they wouldn't have been nearly as potent in combat (though still tougher than thier normal versions,) and unable to spawnify other creatures themselves.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Well there were plans to  include additional spawnifications for a sequel.

However they wouldn't have been nearly as potent in combat (though still tougher than thier normal versions,) and unable to spawnify other creatures themselves.
Nah, we should just keep one type.  The ravening gibbering spawn horde loses some of its appeal when it becomes a beehive.
Sigtext

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well it was less hive mind so much as it infecting things like humans, elves, and domestic animals - things they'd be up against at any given time, and thus it being useful to infect them so they attack and weaken enemies even if the horde's attack failed (goblins being immune due to thier own demonic origins.)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Well it was less hive mind so much as it infecting things like humans, elves, and domestic animals - things they'd be up against at any given time, and thus it being useful to infect them so they attack and weaken enemies even if the horde's attack failed (goblins being immune due to thier own demonic origins.)
Maybe have the Spawnitis just fail at human/elf/animal biology and create a completely random body.  With spawn-ness.
Iunno how random we can random.
Sigtext

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe have the Spawnitis just fail at human/elf/animal biology and create a completely random body.  With spawn-ness.

The results were pretty much jerky-monsters in the shape/size of the creature that were way easier to kill than a normal spawn or proper dwarf-made spawn.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

The results were pretty much jerky-monsters in the shape/size of the creature that were way easier to kill than a normal spawn or proper dwarf-made spawn.
Sounds like a good reason for everyone to hate dwarves.  And thus include your mod.  ;P
Sigtext

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm going to keep the spawn out of the Elf Invasion mod. I already have invading elf armies and dwarves fighting over mineral and weapon/armor trade rights.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

I'm going to keep the spawn out of the Elf Invasion mod. I already have invading elf armies and dwarves fighting over mineral and weapon/armor trade rights.
I mean, include the mod in SBII.
Because internal squabbling is unfortunately very a thing.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

*poke*
Anyone want to see Splint's mod in SBII?  I don't know, it feels like it would fit.  We're further in the future and Spawn are gaining ground, right?
Sigtext

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Less gaining ground and more everyone got sick of being stuck between bacon-blood people and vagina-faced jerky monsters killing eachother constantly.

Just need to get one civ working and I can finally release a new version of the invasion mod.
Pages: 1 ... 741 742 [743] 744 745 ... 815