Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 743 744 [745] 746 747 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2208307 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

So, for clarification, Fischer could beatup all those dudes while sleeping in a slade box?

You mean that's not what she normally does as part of her morning regime?
You mean, her alarm clock.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Good news boys and girls, that mod I'm working on is now entering a playtest. Finally got all the civs working, and even got a delightful new threat courtesy of StagnantSoul: Pyromancers!

EDIT: And apparently the world's first Pyromancer proceeded write a 162 page biography titled "My friend, The Kobold." About a kobold named Stublufuthayldis. I'm guessing the kobold in question helped him get the slab on pyromancy.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

YES.  BURN IT WITH FIRE.  BURN ALL THE IT.  BURN THE WORLD TO ASHES.  THEN BURN THE ASHES BECAUSE WHY NOT.

Right.  Where was I?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

I was and am still writing an intro for this, but um... Satoru Iwata died. So... :/ Yeah, I'm going to take a bit to try and mourn. I'm going to try and make something to commemorate him. Anyone want to help?

Also, here's what I got done of the intro so far:

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Wait wait wait wait.  SBURB.  SDORF.  Heh.  I guess the dwarves would end up with a Genesis Toad...Free-associating at midnight.  What a gem...

...RIP.
Sigtext

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

With some edits of course.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Thanks. Though with the last line, despite the poetic epic feel that you were trying to go for, I'd say "These were the Dwarves" sounds better to me. * shrugs * Then I was going to move into things happening to bring in the characters from SB, but honestly, I need to reread the extensive lore before I tackle that.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks. Though with the last line, despite the poetic epic feel that you were trying to go for, I'd say "These were the Dwarves" sounds better to me. * shrugs * Then I was going to move into things happening to bring in the characters from SB, but honestly, I need to reread the extensive lore before I tackle that.

Well, I added that because I didn't really like the idea of the dwarves coming off as pan-dimensional garbage pretty much. At least that's what I got from it.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Well, I added that because I didn't really like the idea of the dwarves coming off as pan-dimensional garbage pretty much. At least that's what I got from it.
Ah... No, that wasn't my intention. It was supposed to be that it was just like necromancers and humans arguing over the toads while the Dwarves know about Armok. It was supposed to be sort of in the style of Pratchett, but it's sort of a rhetorical setup. I mean, I kinda get what you mean about how it's structured like the punchline is dwarves, but really the humour is supposed to be at the expense of others rather than the dwarves themselves. Then I'm going on to describe the life pattern of a dwarf fortress dwarf and then start showing it being interrupted - probably by Mr Frog. The pan-dimensional company of doom that runs all the shady sci-fi stuff whose name I sadly can't remember right now, I figure they're going to be the ones to puncture this universe and bring over the Spearbreakers elements. I was even intending to have it structured sorta like they're possibly the (sub)creators of this world.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Which pan-dimensional company?  Parasol or Ballpoint?  Or Eris?  Probably not Eris.
Sigtext

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

It aint stone! They think this demention is fine as it is, thank you verry much!

Well, they have some things in other dementions. Mostly weapons development labs...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

*Dimension.
Sigtext

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Parasol, I think. I don't know. That's really more up to Splint or Mr Frog, isn't it?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

*shrug* Probably.  I dunno.
Sigtext

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Shady" would be Eris.

Parasol just researches random shit they feel like, Ballpoint focuses on providing good rent-a-mooks. Nothing really shady about either one in that sense.
Pages: 1 ... 743 744 [745] 746 747 ... 815