Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 770 771 [772] 773 774 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2208451 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To help you test the nanite paste, maybe you could create a free adventurer enabled reaction to produce it in arena mode.

Good luck on modding the stuff ! I understand it's not easy to progress quickly with RL keeping you busy.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

Can we discuss the fact that the last railgun image had casings ejecting?

I mean, what are they? Single-use capacitors? Disposable heatsinks? Both? Propellant based boosters?

While I have no actual idea, they are most likely to be the last, since railgun projectiles do usually need some form of initial boost to prevent them welding to the rails, often compressed-gas, but conceivably chemical-propellant.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Normally I'd say that I should gather all the raws up, since I'm the one with the SPECIALSURPRISE and all, but I don't think I'd be much good for testing due to my continued incompetence with the military (my current fort is protected by a massive drowning trap and little else :V)  I suppose I could PM you and Splint (and anyone else who asks I guess) the complete Spawn raws.

E: I will still happily take all the raws for safekeeping, though.

I ended up forgetting to answer, whoops.
I'm okay with that, I will create a fort using what we modded once you send me the raws again :)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

Normally I'd say that I should gather all the raws up, since I'm the one with the SPECIALSURPRISE and all, but I don't think I'd be much good for testing due to my continued incompetence with the military (my current fort is protected by a massive drowning trap and little else :V)  I suppose I could PM you and Splint (and anyone else who asks I guess) the complete Spawn raws.

E: I will still happily take all the raws for safekeeping, though.

I ended up forgetting to answer, whoops.
I'm okay with that, I will create a fort using what we modded once you send me the raws again :)

Sure. I just got an idea, though, so I'm gonna hold off on posting them until I'm finished implementing it.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile

Have you guys still not restarted? XD
We're about to.
Welcome back!

Unfortunately, I can only half remember how to play Dwarf Fortress, and I hardly even remember the story of Spearbreakers anymore.

also, I have no idea what people are talking about anymore
What do you think? Yes? No?

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

Shenanigans and the like.

Given that I've only read about a quarter of the thing, I think knowing the story is unnecessary.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

It largely will be unnecessary, so as to not dissuade newcomers.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, I'm finally done for now. PMing Splint and Nakeen the raws shortly.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Raws received ! I'm taking this occasion to post a little reminder :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/my07rptg0tt5ede/spearbreakers.zip?dl=0

Reminder on new metals :
- Pure Titanium is inferior to steel but vastly superior to iron and bronze. Furthermore, Titanium is extremely light, 1.7 lighter than vanilla steel.
- Pure Cobalt is an interesting case : slightly heavier than steel, but defensively equivalent to steel. Offensively, it is better than iron but worse than titanium.
- Titanium Alloy TI 6-4 (Ti+Al+Fe) is extremely light and vastly stronger than vanilla steel.
- High Speed Steel M42 (Fe+Co+Flux) is roughly the same weight as vanilla steel, but matched only by adamantine. It is better on the "blunt" side than adamantine, but far from as great as it on the "edge" side.
- Staballoy (U+Ti) is also interesting in its own right. Mechanically on par with Titanium Alloy, but insanely heavy. 1.7 time heavier than lead, slightly lighter than platinum. It is thus offensively incredible for ammunitions (like in real-life) and blunt weaponry.

EDIT: I corrected some raws. Forgot to add OBJECT:ENTITY to Ballpoint and Parasol, and made so minor typo in some raws.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 05:16:14 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've begun in-fort testing. Currently running a one-year old fort, everything is working as expected as of now.

Report from Guildhushes, live-experiment outpost commissioned by the sinister "Modding Crew" :

The outpost nearly withered from starvation. Many combined factors rendered us unable to sustain ourselves.

Agents from Parasol and Ballpoint came to trade in Winter. The caravan guards were very intimidating. These battle-scared veterans were all elites, and were armed with weaponry unfathomable for our current technology level, completed with a full suit of military-grade equipment.
Direct confrontation should be avoided for now.

Degenerate Spawns were sighted in Autumn. These mindless beasts got an altercation with a dog, but no one was heavily harmed. They seemed to lack their innate hostility, they only wandered peacefully as a pack in the wilderness.

We found platinum and cobalt in these lands, but we lack the technology to refine cobalt. This is really slowing us down, this place is devoid of any plant. A vast rocky wasteland that expand beyond the horizon.

Our only solace is deeper. We must dig deeper.

The testing is going smoothly. Caravan didn't bring a datachip for the refinery so I'm a bit screwed for now.

My crew began hunting for vermin to eat. Problem is, there are no vermin on the map. Had to hastily create so food for my starving men and women.

EDIT: Yiis ! Tetrahedrite !
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 12:39:52 am by Nakéen »

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

Heck yes, testing!  :D Good luck.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmm... perhaps I need to figure out a way to make the degenerate Spawn more aggressive. I could've sworn I'd given them CURIOUSBEAST_ITEM...

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You could try adding the CRAZED tag to them ? (I love that tag)
Or(and?) PRONE_TO_RAGE for more murder.

Oh, and while browsing through the raws I saw you used the LIKES_FIGHTING tag. I think it is obsolete since 0.40.24.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

while browsing through the raws I saw you used the LIKES_FIGHTING tag. I think it is obsolete since 0.40.24.

Welp. I'm out of the loop. Lol.

Yeah, I think I'm going to add the CRAZED tag to the wild variant. You can go ahead and do the same, too. Thanks for the idea!

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

while browsing through the raws I saw you used the LIKES_FIGHTING tag. I think it is obsolete since 0.40.24.

Welp. I'm out of the loop. Lol.

Yeah, I think I'm going to add the CRAZED tag to the wild variant. You can go ahead and do the same, too. Thanks for the idea!

I will add them then ! Will give you a report soon enough.
I'm having a lot of fun at the moment (not this kind of !FUN!), the mod seems to be working like a charm.

EDIT: How cute ! A migrant came with a baby pet of the creature you added Frog :)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 01:51:45 am by Nakéen »
Pages: 1 ... 770 771 [772] 773 774 ... 815