Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 788 789 [790] 791 792 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2208320 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: [34.11] Spearbreakers - Prepping for reboot, now testing mods.
« Reply #11835 on: February 18, 2016, 03:46:53 pm »

Heh.  No, it's made of interlocking mugs.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11836 on: February 18, 2016, 04:27:24 pm »

Mug-atoms ?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11837 on: February 18, 2016, 04:28:02 pm »

No.  That would be SILLY.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11838 on: February 18, 2016, 05:27:36 pm »

You could totally make a mug-atomic bomb with two differently sized mugs forged of fissile material.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Kadian

• Bay Watcher
  • Dragon (Semi-wild)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11839 on: February 18, 2016, 06:59:09 pm »

You could totally make a mug-atomic bomb with two differently sized mugs forged of fissile material.
You'd call that a mugtomic bomb. And it wouldn't be the first time that dorfs make mugs out of fissile material. Or Hammers...oh, oh, oh! A Giant Mug on a stick, to hammer people with! Also, Mug-Armor! Chainmail? Pah, Mugmail!

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #11840 on: February 28, 2016, 01:31:58 pm »

Bring out the Mugomatic Assault Rifles and Mugroglycerin, bring out the Combat Beer, for soon we march on to war against the Spawn!

Let their Obsidian Hearts be torn from their corrupted corpses and used to create a throne for the return of Dwarven greatness!

...is it to late to make obsidian spawn hearts a build material? That would be intense.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11841 on: February 28, 2016, 01:46:19 pm »

Or, perhaps, infuse steel with those hearts to create blades, axes, and spears, fueled by the hatred for the spawn the dwarven spirits that they once were had for the fallen Detective, for having them trapped in such horrible forms.

With the spirits of the forebearers freed by this process, their might is granted to the warriors who bear those arms into battle; the process produces Ancestor Steel, which upon tearing the flesh of the Great Enemy, causes immense disorientation, nausea, and drastically reducing their agility and strength.

And for every Spawn slain, and their heart destroyed upon an alter to the gods, a dwarven spirit is finally set free and bound for Dwarfhalla to be with our uncountable slain forebearers, leaving behind a small measure of its fury against the spawn in the resultant steel.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11842 on: February 28, 2016, 01:51:00 pm »

I approve.

Mayhaps the heart of a Megaspawn can be forged with adamantine?
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11843 on: February 28, 2016, 02:12:43 pm »

Sounds about right. The souls of those who were, while not champions, great warriors in their own right.

Although if Greater Spawn (the demonic golem-esque variety encountered in the underworld,) can also be encountered either alone or in very small groups in the furthest caverns, those hearts can be used to undergo a sort of transformation.

It is said that Greater Spawn house the tormented souls of the greatest heroes of uncounted dwarven holds. Should by some miracle the monsters be slain and their hearts taken to the gods, an option is given: To be granted a suit of armor of that most treasured mineral, or to become one with the spirit, allowing their devotion to the dwarven people and their unwavering might to return to the mortal world through a sort of symbiotic possession.

The dwarf who offers to take on this champion is fundamentally altered, being now possessed of a second soul while becoming impossibly strong and agile and granting mastery of marksmanship, melee combat, the use of armor and shield, and the use of axes, hammers, swords, maces, and spears, as well as divine protection against the ravages of time and disease, that they may serve their people for as long as good fortune permits.

These Einherjar, as they are called, are few and far between, as becoming one entails battling the mightiest servants of Holistic Detective and claiming victory with their black hearts, though they are sometimes seen. And however mighty they may still be slain by mundane causes, such as dehydration, starvation, industrial accidents, or poor fortune in battle.

The trade off: Suit of adamantine armor without needing to mine it, or an unaging syndrome-immune super soldier (who still needs to be equipped which depending on the skills of your armorers and weaponsmiths may or may not be an issue.) Probably also prone to rage and utterly fearless, which may make them difficult to control.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11844 on: February 28, 2016, 04:46:05 pm »

I will look this up and try to get it done today. (yes I'm not dead)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #11845 on: February 29, 2016, 12:10:03 pm »

Mugs should be craftable from skulls. as in skull + bone (for handle)=mug
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11846 on: March 01, 2016, 09:01:31 pm »

Someone PM me when the next fort gets going.

In the meantime, I think you all will enjoy this. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=156632.0

I've much to catch up on here, but I wanted to announce that I too am alive.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11847 on: March 01, 2016, 09:20:45 pm »

Indeed I was already enjoying that.  WB, by the way.
Sigtext

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11848 on: March 01, 2016, 09:27:53 pm »

Indeed I was already enjoying that.  WB, by the way.
Thanks for your welcome and your enjoyment! It's my girlfriend's effort so I enjoy people enjoying it also. And I hope to be more active from now on. Including here. :)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11849 on: March 01, 2016, 09:30:49 pm »

Woo!

All right, People With The Mods, progress reports?
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 788 789 [790] 791 792 ... 815