Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1001149 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #5610 on: July 14, 2013, 03:35:04 pm »

One of these days, LordSlowpoke...

I will defeat you...

in a game of MAHJONG!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5611 on: July 14, 2013, 03:41:11 pm »

And I'm fairly certain the Nazis killed any jews (ethnicity), regardless of their religion.

Yes and no. If you were ethnically Jewish, it's off to death camp with you, and everyone following Judaism the religion is ethnically a Jew by definition. However, if someone could pass for a non-Jew based on the looks, then being or pretending to be Christian could allow them to blend in well enough to survive.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5612 on: July 14, 2013, 03:51:58 pm »

Of course, if you happened to practice Judaism, they probably were willing to take you in too.

Of course, a ton of non-Jewish ethnicities were tossed in as well. It was mostly racial.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5613 on: July 14, 2013, 04:00:10 pm »

I'm amused at the thought process it takes to make Sammy Davis, Jr. and Roseanne Barr the same race.  EDIT FOR CLARITY: You can argue ethnicity is the same all you like. I won't disagree. Saying the same race? I'll laugh and laugh.

Fun fact: Stephanie von Hohenlohe was probably Hitler's favorite Jewish person. Of course, that may have something to do with her "honorary Aryan" status...

Moving on:

"We rebelled against the English because of Catholics."

-Actual thing a MEGAREPUBLICAN™ at work said on the 3rd of July
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 04:06:21 pm by Ross Vernal »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5614 on: July 14, 2013, 04:21:35 pm »

I remember my friend telling me that apparently the Nazis in Britain (they were apparently mocked for how the acted and dressed, over here) tried to convince the prominent Jewish figures to support them. Which didn't succeed.

If they did, Too Dumb To Live wouldn't even START to cover that. I mean... I can't even see the beginning of this chain of logic.

On the other hand, after the Protocols of the Elders of Zion came out and half of the world (hyperbole, OK?) was using it as a reason to persecute Jews, Japan decided that they'd actually kinda like to be friends with the mysterious people everyone and their dog says are controlling where do you buy your cornflakes.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5615 on: July 14, 2013, 04:35:54 pm »

Main argument against antisemitic conspiracy theories: If they are true, how come Jews were persecuted all the time?

(But I doubt that many antisemites know how to use basic logic anyway...)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5616 on: July 14, 2013, 04:40:40 pm »

Main argument against antisemitic conspiracy theories: If they are true, how come Jews were persecuted all the time?

They'd answer with "And who told you that, the government?"

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5617 on: July 14, 2013, 04:53:26 pm »

At which point I'd point out I have apparently been brainwashed by the government Dwarf Fortress into being a fundie atheist communist nazi who is more than happy to murder a child and has no morals.

FTFY.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5618 on: July 14, 2013, 04:53:27 pm »

At which point I'd point out I have apparently been brainwashed by the government into being a fundie atheist communist nazi who is more than happy to murder a child and has no morals.
Instead of processing your answer, they would then explain in quite some detail exactly how the government managed to retcon history, and make you responsible for it all.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5619 on: July 14, 2013, 05:02:39 pm »

At which point I'd point out I have apparently been brainwashed by the government into being a fundie atheist communist nazi who is more than happy to murder a child and has no morals.
Instead of processing your answer, they would then explain in quite some detail exactly how the government managed to retcon history, and make you responsible for it all.

You know, it's kinda amazing how, in all conspiracy theories, DA GUBAHMINT manages to cover up aliens, ghosts, ancient conspiracies, different kinds of aliens and secret mind control projects given how inept it is at everything else.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5620 on: July 14, 2013, 05:03:56 pm »

At which point I'd point out I have apparently been brainwashed by the government Dwarf Fortress into being a fundie atheist communist nazi who is more than happy to murder a child and has no morals.

FTFY.
Really DF is only 1, maybe 2 steps removed from the government. Depends on whether Tarn is a real person hired by the government or just a fictional identity manufactured by the government for the purpose of distributing DF.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5621 on: July 14, 2013, 05:07:01 pm »

That's all part of the plan. You don't think they can and so you doubt it. Or you know, it could mostly be bullshit, either one.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5622 on: July 14, 2013, 05:11:16 pm »

That's all part of the plan. You don't think they can and so you doubt it. Or you know, it could mostly be bullshit, either one.

Ah, but that's what THEY want you to think!

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5623 on: July 14, 2013, 05:13:38 pm »

Ah, but that's what THEY want you to think!
Holy shit. The chain never ends. No matter how much you think you have it figured out, you're being tricked.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5624 on: July 14, 2013, 07:09:02 pm »

They probably think that Jews actually plan to be intentionally persecuted, and are willing to suffer some to advance their agenda.

Anything more than minor discrimination - i.e. the Holocaust, Middle Eastern rage - is either a lie from the Dirty Kike Regime, or the work of "good" governments who realized what the Jews were up to.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 510