Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 496 497 [498] 499 500 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1003585 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #7455 on: November 20, 2013, 11:52:00 am »

Southern California = best weather in entire country. Fact.
Pretty sure it's the wet part of Washington, actually. Cold and rains a lot, what more can a person ask for? Socal's too close to Florida in terms of weather, and Florida is hell. 3+/4ths of the year, anyway. Winter's alright.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7456 on: November 20, 2013, 11:58:05 am »

Pretty sure it's the wet part of Washington, actually. Cold and rains a lot, what more can a person ask for? Socal's too close to Florida in terms of weather, and Florida is hell. 3+/4ths of the year, anyway. Winter's alright.

That's why the SF Bay Area has the best weather in the entire country. Because you can drive about 3 miles and get whatever you want. Fog, sun, clear, rain, wind...

Microclimates, yo.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7457 on: November 20, 2013, 12:07:36 pm »

... what about cold, though?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #7458 on: November 20, 2013, 12:52:12 pm »

Nah, SoCal is much, much drier than Florida. The lack of humidity makes all the difference in the world.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7459 on: November 20, 2013, 02:09:47 pm »

... This is a fact I can agree with.

Don't you need to have something before you can claim to have the best version of it?  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7460 on: November 20, 2013, 02:44:32 pm »

... This is a fact I can agree with.

Don't you need to have something before you can claim to have the best version of it?  :P

I actually like rain and overcast days (not cold rain or cold overcast days, just 60f or so is about perfect) so I actually should be agreeing with Frumple, but warm coastal non-weather is cool too.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7461 on: November 20, 2013, 02:47:52 pm »

If you need a tie breaker

"Best weather" is rather subjective unless you have something to apply it to.

If it is the best farming weather that can be objectively applied to crops.

If it is best "I enjoy this weather" then you can either apply it to a standardized "for the average person" approach or you can apply it personally in which case it falls to opinion.

Besides, I consider lack of weather based natural disasters in my "best weather" account.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7462 on: November 20, 2013, 02:52:02 pm »

My area gets tornados and hurricane-aftermath but I live in the lee of two hills forming a cove on the lake, so I'm pretty sheltered from adverse weather effects. Sure, it'll rain and lightning and stuff, but if I get hit by a tornado, it was a DIRECT ACT FROM GOD, because tornadoes just skip over the top of the cove, like the Dukes of Hazzard jumping a police blockade.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7463 on: November 20, 2013, 03:33:36 pm »

In F_D's case, this would be Jim Beam candy and stuff. In my case, it would be trailer parks and meth. I mean, incredibly low cost of living.
New sig quote, thank you.

Also, in my case it would be some of the highest deer-car collision rates in the country, a dysfunctional super-conservative state government, and being less than 200 miles from the worst place to live in the Anglophone world.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 03:37:26 pm by SealyStar »
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7464 on: November 20, 2013, 03:37:10 pm »

I just got sigged twice in one day.
He's fucking with us.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7465 on: November 20, 2013, 03:39:56 pm »

and being less than 200 miles from the worst place to live in the Anglophone world.

And where would that be?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7466 on: November 20, 2013, 03:42:19 pm »

and being less than 200 miles from the worst place to live in the Anglophone world.

And where would that be?
Detroit.

I guess "worst" is incorrect. Just "most crime-ridden".
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7467 on: November 20, 2013, 03:45:39 pm »

-snip!-

Indeed. I've often met tourists from other parts of the nation (USA: We're so big that we go on vacation to ourselves) and I could instantly and readily discuss things with them and we'd have a pretty similar viewpoint. And the 'sure is great living in America' thing is a fantastic way to start a conversation with a tourist, because then you can both talk about why your particular slice of America is awesome. In F_D's case, this would be Jim Beam candy and stuff. In my case, it would be trailer parks and meth. I mean, incredibly low cost of living.
Home of the guy who invented basketball. I win.
Seriously, I live near the Legends in Kansas, and there are statues and plaques all over the front entrance area about awesome Kansas is.
Home of the guys who perfected basketball.  :P

UNC and Duke both have higher winning percentages and more wins in the history of the NCAA Tournament than either Kentucky or Kansas. And they have to play each other twice a year, whereas Kentucky has the SEC to beat up on and Kansas has the Big 12. Plus, basketball is like an unofficial state religion. The ACC Tournament is our Mardi Gras.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #7468 on: November 20, 2013, 03:47:28 pm »

-snip!-

Indeed. I've often met tourists from other parts of the nation (USA: We're so big that we go on vacation to ourselves) and I could instantly and readily discuss things with them and we'd have a pretty similar viewpoint. And the 'sure is great living in America' thing is a fantastic way to start a conversation with a tourist, because then you can both talk about why your particular slice of America is awesome. In F_D's case, this would be Jim Beam candy and stuff. In my case, it would be trailer parks and meth. I mean, incredibly low cost of living.
Home of the guy who invented basketball. I win.
Seriously, I live near the Legends in Kansas, and there are statues and plaques all over the front entrance area about awesome Kansas is.
Home of the guys who perfected basketball.  :P

UNC and Duke both have higher winning percentages and more wins in the history of the NCAA Tournament than either Kentucky or Kansas. And they have to play each other twice a year, whereas Kentucky has the SEC to beat up on and Kansas has the Big 12. Plus, basketball is like an unofficial state religion. The ACC Tournament is our Mardi Gras.
Oh, only unofficial.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7469 on: November 20, 2013, 07:07:31 pm »

Meanwhile, up in Canada, I'm laughing at all you guys and then crying because of Rob Ford and Stephen Harper fucking everything up.

WE WERE PERFECT BEFORE YOU CAME ALONG. WHY.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 496 497 [498] 499 500 ... 510