Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43]

Author Topic: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Looking for players (Who wants some Waaaaagh?)  (Read 120128 times)

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Looking for players (Who wants some Waaaaagh?)
« Reply #630 on: February 26, 2015, 11:49:03 pm »

Yeah, I played the majority of my turn at 6-12 FPS. The river + a bajillion kobolds all pathing at once is too much for my poor netbook. I ended up spamming clean-all in DFhack quite a bit to keep it from getting too bad.
Oh, well that explains the 22 fps.
I'll start writing tomorrow.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Looking for players (Who wants some Waaaaagh?)
« Reply #631 on: February 27, 2015, 11:29:36 pm »

Kobolds, summer of the year 34
My name is Mate the 888th, and I'm the new chief of this tribe whose name is... Er... I don't know, let's just call it Camp. [OOC]: Do you really expected me to memorize "Scronabanaba"? I know I didn't[OOC]
I am so excited! This is my new first day as chief, and I'll make sure that all 200 of our 'bolds... Oh... 205. 'Ol sister just had quintuplets. Allright. We have to start making stuff! Like an awesome tomb for me, or statues! Yes... Pretty statues made of stone! And also get stuff from 'em big folk and the little folk with fancy beards and crazy steam machines. Yes... Shrooms. Shrooms are tasty. Maybe 'em black elfs have better shrooms! Yes! You! They 'bold over there! Go grab shrooms from 'em black elves! Yes, yes, the scary ones, not the treeshaggers! Go!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, that was quick. Now we have pig tails and muckroots! Sounds like something that would taste nice with meat!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

7th of Granite
I sent the thief to rob 'em long bearded mountain folk. He may borrow from them some shiny metal! Or he may die, 'em bearded bigfolk may find the tunnel and come and kill us. But they won't be able to go through our wall. But wait... Isn't that glass making part of the wall?
In my experience breaking into bigfolk houses, glass is a thing that breaks. I'm not sure of having it as a wall, even though it seems sturdy enough.
I must say, 'tis is the fancier camp I've ever seen! Well, it's the only camp in wich I've ever been, considering that I was born here last year, but... Eh. It's good to see all this fancy 'bolds with their colorful sandals.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And their ultra fancy red masks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

8th of Granite
The thief got back with absolutely nothing. And another packsister gave birth to quintuplets. Yay! More mouths to feed!
Also we need to make clothes because most of the kids here are running around naked.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

10th of Granite
Nothing much has happened apart from an ogre growing up and my tomb being finished. With two fancy marble statues guarding the entrance, of course.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

11th of Granite
Quintuplets and triplets?! Thats like... Seven more members of our tribe! Bigfolk are right when they say that everytime you kill a kobold there are ten more waiting in the dark! Altough they might be children and/or very easy to kill. But if they die there would be 10 more for each! That is like (ten, twenty. thirty...) 100 more! Yes, we are unbeatable!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

12th of Granite
Ah, another fresh day at Camp. The lake is beautiful with all those toads, salmons, roachfishes and dead birds frolicking there, the pretty red and black and yellow snakes crawl through the ground and the disturbingly large roaches roam the sky. Ah... A perfect day in this kobold camp.
I say snakes on the ground, the snakes are having a swim at the lake. And... I'm not really sure of how does this lake work. It's normal, but if you look east you'll see that the water is angry there, and there's also a weird wall of the thing that forms after you mix water with the fiery mountain juice the beardfolk use with the greenfolk.
In other news, I found an empty square room underground blocked by a single pillar. I'll reclaim it and use it for training stuff for the soldiers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

16th of Granite
Well, I now know wich levers do what, thanks to Arcvasti's helpful notes. Now I think I have enough knowledge to lead this camp through the year.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile

Stay alive! We can soon compare progress on year 3 and, who knows, do year 4 before we get serious work on MDF reborn?

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzz... Oh, Wha?
Oh... Yes. The kobold stuff. I totally did not thought that this thread was dead and thus stopped playing it that world! Not at all!

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzz... Oh, Wha?
Oh... Yes. The kobold stuff. I totally did not thought that this thread was dead and thus stopped playing it that world! Not at all!

It's a good thing that you did not abandon your camp then. Nor anyone else forgot about this.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

I'm enjoying this, certainly will read any further updates if people are still playing..

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile

Well... I'll not be able to keep playing. I have very little time to do stuff. Sorry. Should I upload the save? I mean, I haven't done much.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I'm enjoying this, certainly will read any further updates if people are still playing..
I'm still lurking ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43]