Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 417436 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods OOC [11/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2014, 07:56:47 pm »

So are you going to create those severla hundred Dark Elves? If so, where will you place them?

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2014, 08:02:46 pm »

Gonna wait and see if the current proposal to make a lot of mortals passes first. Assuming the mortal world is currently bland with no real outstanding features, right? Probably some mountain range for them to dig into to so they can hide from the hateful sun.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2014, 08:03:11 pm »

Name: The Light
Sphere: Light
Primary form/associated symbol: Hexagonal Sun
Description/Background: Mysterious entity bringing of complete light.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2014, 08:08:43 pm »

$$$
Thinking of making humanoid autotroph / facultative heterotroph plants that start off sapient and can develop sentience later in life if they survive long enough. They wouldn't be immortal but certain very intelligent ones (e.g. the leaders perhaps) would be able to extend their lives almost indefinitely while growing in power by eating a lot of matter. Reproduction would be by budding off large plant structures that would be communal, these plant structures would also automatically serve as limited housing for them as well as providing natural resources if it is maintained well enough. The spawning plants could themselves reproduce by large but sparsely forming seeds that they grow or by new sprouts forming by slowly growing shoots that form off other stalks. All the species would automatically know of Grauel as their creator but would not be required to serve/worship him.

(For the spawning plant, think of a type of moss/mold type thing that spreads slowly over time or faster if it is "fed". Stalks sprout up from it in older more tended regions and these can form both the humanoid plants as well as very small clusters of large seeds that take a while to grow and can later be planted to form new separate communities.)
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [12/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2014, 08:14:30 pm »

Could I join in as well during this round? I am having some great ideas which could satisfy all of the gods.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2014, 08:17:34 pm »

$$$Response
$$$
Thinking of making humanoid autotroph / facultative heterotroph plants that start off sapient and can develop sentience later in life if they survive long enough. They wouldn't be immortal but certain very intelligent ones (e.g. the leaders perhaps) would be able to extend their lives almost indefinitely while growing in power by eating a lot of matter. Reproduction would be by budding off large plant structures that would be communal, these plant structures would also automatically serve as limited housing for them as well as providing natural resources if it is maintained well enough. The spawning plants could themselves reproduce by large but sparsely forming seeds that they grow or by new sprouts forming by slowly growing shoots that form off other stalks. All the species would automatically know of Grauel as their creator but would not be required to serve/worship him.

(For the spawning plant, think of a type of moss/mold type thing that spreads slowly over time or faster if it is "fed". Stalks sprout up from it in older more tended regions and these can form both the humanoid plants as well as very small clusters of large seeds that take a while to grow and can later be planted to form new separate communities.)
Note: In this game, sapience is more full-featured than sentience. I have adjusted the object of your request accordingly.I assume you will want around 300 initial patches (individuals).
Slow growing, sapient long-lived, plant-like humanoid intelligences:

@Detoxicated: Sure! Just keep in mind that the best way to get stuff (that does not stagnate in voting) is typically to convince your fellow players to support it.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2014, 08:28:56 pm »

Oh my bad. Yeah that's what I meant then. Although only the spawning stalks would be slow growing. The actual plant men would be somewhat quicker to mature/grow although limited in population growth by the available stalks.

Not entirely sure what would make sense in regards to initial creation of immobile unintelligent spawning stalks vs mobile intelligent individuals (by which I mean, I'm unsure of what you'd like to do for ratios)
I'd be content with a community of around 300 plant men and a single large community stalk that could be used to make other stalks in time. You can do whatever you think is fair for the rate of plant man production per stalk.

Definitely need to come up with some sort of name for them for convenience of conversation at the very least.
Sure thing peanut man!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2014, 08:33:11 pm »

Gah, I calculated the cost but didn't post it. 300 of your hungryherbs cost 1-2, so you can probably skip the council.

ADDIT: $$$Response
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 01:20:43 am by Kilojoule Proton »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2014, 09:24:45 pm »

$$$
Fast growing somewhat short lived sentient lizard-men.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2014, 09:33:39 pm »

$$$Response
$$$
Fast growing somewhat short lived sentient lizard-men.
Up to around 300 sapient fast-growing short-lived lizard-men: 2-3 (These can provide worship)
Up to around 300 sentient fast-growiing short-lived lizard-men: 2-3 (These cannot)

You (pl.) still have not decided on the landsurface or energy source yet. Here are a few ideas and prices to mix and match with the assumption that enough people do not oppose anything. All of them are calculated for all-cross-aligned and may be cheaper if someone aligned supports them.

Disc on the backs of 4 World Elephants on the back of a World Turtle: 3-4 (0-1)
Realistically sized planet: 9-10 (0-1)
World Tree: 19-20 (1-2)
World Serpent: 14-15 (1-2)

Magic sun (size of Moon, properties of Sun): 7-8 (0-1)
Realistic sun (size of Sun, properties of Sun): 19-20 (0-1)
Moon: 4-5 (0-1)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2014, 09:36:58 pm »

Woops again. Sorry I was under the impression sentient could still provide worship but of a lesser quality.

Too late to change my plant people to being sapient?

Well I said if there was a sun, so I guess they weren't going to be made yet anyway.
Sure thing peanut man!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2014, 09:38:47 pm »

I already made them sapient, having predicted that you would want worshippers and not simple Gruene.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2014, 09:43:43 pm »

Great, thank you. I remembered earlier that I mentioned a small number of them growing from sentience to sapience and got worried.

Now I suppose we just need a sun and I can repost the action I put earlier that depended on a sun being present. Oh and land surface.
Sure thing peanut man!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2014, 09:44:31 pm »

A sapient, jumper, invulnerable, immortal, ENHANCED, unique avatar: 25-26 (‼)
I guess you could remove unique (removing a "copyright" of some sort) to reduce the cost to 12-13. Uniqueness also grants some measure of plot armor, but I guess the Angel of Arms can make do with invulnerability and immortality.

$$$ More price checking, sorry for doing this so much.

About how much is each trait? If I removed invulnerable and most of the ENHANCED, (Making it a sapient, immortal, jumper, unique avatar), how much would it cost? And what would it be capable of?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2014, 09:47:05 pm »

If I wanted to make a god, I would have to post the application here correct? I am thinking of making a god of humans, a sleeping baby, and with only enough essence to survive. When the other gods actually get around to making humans the god will awaken and take another form with the full 20/20 essence. Is that ok? On that note, is it ok to secretly back a project in the same way you can secretly - sabotage I think is the appropriate word here - sabotage a project?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 09:49:24 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 350