Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 417463 times)

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #555 on: October 25, 2014, 07:10:35 am »

So any official word on how afterlives work/how long souls get to hang around in one before they need to move on to the next life?
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: October 25, 2014, 07:15:39 am »

As long as we want them to, with maybe a delay to reincarnation if there isn't a suitable birth about to happen?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #557 on: October 25, 2014, 07:22:06 am »

I delegate that decision to the players. I don't actually have any rules for anything beyond what the proposal says about looped reincarnations. The group that originally passed it probably knows better anyway. Here is the original proposal on the turn it passed:

02.02.1: Support looped reincarnation (i.e. between two worlds) (7-1/11) [PASSED]
+7 from Valkiss, Azem, Grauel, Fusil, Cim, Anath, Serac
-1 from Khaziraad

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: October 25, 2014, 03:41:00 pm »

(Yaos: If you're drawing from WH40K for your inquisitors, they're quite brutal. Even knowing about Chaos is pretty much enough for summary execution.)
These are actually my own unique brand of Inquisitors. The only thing I took from 40k was the God-Emperor and I never had enough Essence to enact my Space Marine plan. Is it ok if I do that despite the Captain Ersatz rule? Undying warriors seems like a ubiquitous enough concept that I can take it but I just want to make sure so I'm not breaking any rules. It'll only apply to 100 humans by the way. I'm not making an entirely different race.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: October 26, 2014, 12:45:53 am »

Double post because no one else has posted here in hours! Too many hours!

Spoiler: Books (click to show/hide)

@ Kilojoule Proton: The subtitle needs changing...*sigh*...again, and you may want to change your sig. ;) /joke This is in a joking tone.

Spoiler: Questions (click to show/hide)

Do I get a bonus to actions if I detail well (fluff)? Or would simply writing of a description of what I want be better? Just asking so I know if I should make any future speeches like I did with the Angel-Emperor.

$$$
Price check on performing INCEPTION
Price check on two swords (described later) when made by Fusil
Price check on two swords (described later) when made by Fusil and helped by Yaos

Sword 1:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sword 2:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I don't want to hear that the white sword sounds too much like Zangetsu. You try coming up with a cool magical sword ability! /joke The previous sentence was in joking tone but if you do in fact have a better idea I'd be pleased to hear them.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: October 26, 2014, 01:24:38 am »

((His first case is against the Gem Dragons, but I don't know what other cases he'll have afterwards because he'll primarily worship you. I just made sure to set up his first case as one that benefits me. :P))
So, um, about this little case. Could I point out the small fact that, as far as I know, the Gem Dragons don't have any overriding authority telling them what to do? They're all individuals, with like mated pairs/families being the largest clumps.

So any attempt to get repayment from them is going to involve trekking out to lots and lots of individual lairs and then trying to get said individual dragons of greed to take you seriously, admit that they stole anything from you, admit that they didn't do what was on their half of the deal when no details for what they were supposed to do was really given, and then give stuff back from their horde to... well, not the guy doing the talking, but humans in general.

...For some reason I see the chance of success as 'very limited'.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: October 26, 2014, 01:41:56 am »

((His first case is against the Gem Dragons, but I don't know what other cases he'll have afterwards because he'll primarily worship you. I just made sure to set up his first case as one that benefits me. :P))
So, um, about this little case. Could I point out the small fact that, as far as I know, the Gem Dragons don't have any overriding authority telling them what to do? They're all individuals, with like mated pairs/families being the largest clumps.

So any attempt to get repayment from them is going to involve trekking out to lots and lots of individual lairs and then trying to get said individual dragons of greed to take you seriously, admit that they stole anything from you, admit that they didn't do what was on their half of the deal when no details for what they were supposed to do was really given, and then give stuff back from their horde to... well, not the guy doing the talking, but humans in general.

...For some reason I see the chance of success as 'very limited'.
Dude. You're right. No ordinary lawyer could possibly do that. But you forget that this is no ordinary lawyer. THIS IS THE ARCH-LAWYER OF MANKIND, FIRST LAWYER IN ALL THE UNIVERSE, PROTECTORATE OF THE THIRD ANGEL OF YAOS, BLESSED BY CIM THE LAWGIVER. HE WILL FIND A WAY. So long as I make sure not to write any fluff... He is also a young gentleman which I just now realised is something you could probably describe Phoenix Wright as being as. I was not thinking of Phoenix Wright when I was coming up with him. I was thinking of a British guy narrating everything.

@Kilojoule Proton: The private map is too small. I had to open the public map to read the city numbers. How far can a unit move on the map with, for example, 10 Move? How many soldiers do we have? I'm guessing that stats for beings like angels and Humanos will come later, since there's an empty slot for 'Special Units'. I am also referred to as 'Yaos, god of Ambition, creator of the new humans'. I didn't create the first humans. Azem did. A bunch of other gods then created more humans before I did. 'manifestation of the new humans' would be more accurate.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: October 26, 2014, 01:46:38 am »

What's next? The Arch-Banker of Mankind?  :P

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: October 26, 2014, 01:48:19 am »

Isn't fighting the Null enough? We don't need two more species of demons on these planets....
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: October 26, 2014, 01:53:27 am »

Actually, I, too, doubt he will succeed. Not to reveal too much, the dragons actually have a valid claim to the riches. Still, an extremely good lawyer can sometimes win even a frivolous lawsuit.

Banks already exist among the Mountwyrms. Remember when you introduced currency to world B (whichever its current name is)?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: October 26, 2014, 01:54:59 am »

Banks already exist among the Mountwyrms. Remember when you introduced currency to world B (whichever its current name is)?

Currency can exist without bankers. In fact, it did for thousands of years.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: October 26, 2014, 01:56:37 am »

It can, but it was explicitly said they started banking. Gimme a minute and I'll quote.

A particularly organized Mountwyrm present decided to form the world's first bank and mint after several months under the monetary system.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 01:58:44 am by IcyTea31 »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: October 26, 2014, 01:59:21 am »

I said mankind not wrymkind. And yeah, I'm pretty sure the Gem Council has a bank already.

And who can forget the time Azem stole shinies for his own temple on world A/Keshan forcing people to rely on a fiat system?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: October 26, 2014, 02:09:47 am »

*scribble scribble*

Isn't fighting the Null enough? We don't need two more species of demons on these planets....
Could be worse. Could be insurance salesmen. *shudders*

Actually, I, too, doubt he will succeed. Not to reveal too much, the dragons actually have a valid claim to the riches. Still, an extremely good lawyer can sometimes win even a frivolous lawsuit.
Yeah, maybe if I had Phoenix Wright on my side and he was blessed by some god of law OH WAIT I PRACTICALLY HAVE THAT ALREADY. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Except I imagine Lyle (the Arch-Lawyer's new canon name) to have a British accent and disposition. So there's that.

Besides that, he doesn't really need to hike all around the mountains if he was absolutely forced to go out and find the Gem Dragon thieves. He has a flying angel that can carry him. Duh.

Now if you don't mind, I need to design some Army Ant Humans. If anyone can come up with a proper name while I'm gone that would be great.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 02:22:43 am by Andres »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: October 26, 2014, 02:11:02 am »

to have a British accent and disposition.

What is a "British Disposition"?

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 350