Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 419153 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods OOC [15/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #780 on: November 03, 2014, 09:22:11 pm »

The new, slightly interactive maps have been released. Despite or perhaps because of their interactivity, they may work now even if they failed to load before (because even with multiple maps, the total size is smaller by an order of magnitude or so than before). Personalized maps and special units will roll out slowly tonight and tomorrow. There will be an encryption-decryption page at the site for the soon-to-appear Ye Gods: War Thread because getting updates via FTP is a bit impractical from a phone. As before, report issues through PMs (hopefully with a distinguishable subject line). If you forgot your passphrase, just PM a request and I will send it. If you dislike your secret goal or want to send a neat list of your unique/special units, send a PM. If you want to talk about general mechanics, OOC posting will be more productive and visible (and far more searchable).

I will now take care of the overdue IC, PM, and OOC stuff.

Also, I already know the JS is simply horrible. Next time something similar happens, I will be sure to use objects and stuff.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: November 03, 2014, 11:06:06 pm »

So, how does combat work, exactly? Or have you figured that out yet?
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: November 03, 2014, 11:08:48 pm »

What does FTP and JS stand for?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #783 on: November 03, 2014, 11:10:04 pm »

Mostly, yes. I just have to make sure there aren't over-powered combinations now. You didn't have any issues viewing anything other than personalized secret map stuff?

FTP: File Transfer Protocol. What people use to upload files to servers or download them.
JS: JavaScript. A language designed for web-based applications supported by practically all graphical browsers.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: November 03, 2014, 11:16:50 pm »

It's working perfectly, aside from the distinct lack of any secret map stuff. Unless I'm missing something obvious. And if the code's as bad as you say it is, you should hope that it won't break at any point.
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #785 on: November 03, 2014, 11:22:34 pm »

The secret stuff does take some time to prepare, but it's mostly playing with spreadsheets (!) at this point. The code actually isn't likely to break, but it isn't likely to be terribly extensible at this point (or readable by a sane person a few months from now), meaning we probably won't have 3D strategic maps or anything like that. 3D tactical maps are still possible and may even be worth it.

Do you have any secret/special/unique units/features to declare? You can do that by PM if they're secret.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #786 on: November 03, 2014, 11:55:06 pm »

$$$Response

$$$

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
High 3-4E

Is it possible to have the two gas giants rotate each other and stick a generator in between to supply Essence to the supporters of the proposal?

An Essence-powered Wave Motion Gun? How powerful would that be?

Spoiler: Oversoul (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DEATH BATTLE PLane (click to show/hide)

$$$
Price check on Essence Generator
Price check on Supreme Universal Deity Annihilator A.K.A SUDA (the E-powered WMG)
Price check on Codename: Oversoul
Price check on creating the DEATH BATTLE Plane
Essence generator: Fiat no, rendered unproduceable according to specifications without another gas giant.
Essence-powered WMG: 22±1, would be very impractical (consuming Essence to consume another's Essence)
Fighter Plane: Low 1-2E

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: November 04, 2014, 12:45:24 am »

It took my a while to figure out that 'Fighter Plane' meant the DEATH BATTLE Plane rather than a vehicle used to fight in the air. *facepalm*

Essence-powered WMG: 22±1, would be very impractical (consuming Essence to consume another's Essence)
The SUDA isn't meant to consume the Essence of another god. What even made you think that? It's just supposed to do...well...something like this with its power adjusted to fit the power of Essence/gods.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #788 on: November 04, 2014, 12:48:32 am »

SUDA: Reduced to 18 but requires collaboration from two gods.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: November 04, 2014, 01:11:41 am »

Fair enough on the two gods thing. Can't have a planet-buster be built by a single god and have him blackmailing everyone. But how powerful would it be, exactly? Blow up a moon? A planet? A gas giant? A star? A solar system? The Void?

I've been thinking of making a spin-off game based on the Ye Gods world where the players take control of Codename: Oversoul. Would that be ok with you?

I'm planning on have the game set in one of three settings:
1. Right now. It splits off from where the game is at right now and becomes its own thing.
2. In the future where TVs and cars exist but guns don't (because Fusil's a gun Nazi). Angels, gods, fantastic races, etc. still exist.
3. This is the trickiest. It actually follows the main Ye Gods game and crosses over into it a bunch of times. I am very hesitant with going with this setting for obvious reasons.

Please tell me what you think and which settings I'm allowed to use.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: November 04, 2014, 01:19:10 am »

2. In the future where TVs and cars exist but guns don't (because Fusil's a gun Nazi). Angels, gods, fantastic races, etc. still exist.

What in the world are you talking about? I am letting them develop guns. At their own pace. I will be happy when they do so, and have been using them quite often in my own fights. I just don't want to ruin the setting and my influence by bypassing thousands of years of natural development. First they will discover black powder, make simple explosives out of it, develop those into fire lances, etc etc. You wouldn't want me to evolve all the humans into Armu, would you?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: November 04, 2014, 01:23:57 am »

FusilgunNaziconfirmed

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: November 04, 2014, 01:27:42 am »

FusilgunNaziconfirmed

....Do you even know what a Nazi is? You seem to be using that word a lot.

Alright *cracks knuckles* Now I gotta kill the god of humans too. No hard feelings. Just hard lead.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: November 04, 2014, 01:29:10 am »

FusilStirkNaziNaziconfirmed

Edited.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 01:35:44 am by Andres »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: November 04, 2014, 01:33:43 am »

$$$

3 million Smith race with enchanted enchanting abilities? Preferably every one is incredibly skilled at weapon making. After all, if we don't use the essence we lose it.

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 350