Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 419137 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #2460 on: December 10, 2014, 07:00:27 pm »

Fun fact, the real reason Azem hoards so much essence is because I haven't clue what I want to do. Start the Keshan version of the Olympics? Try to get the Gruen to like me? Something else entirely?

The Gruen don't like you? News to me. I figured you would probably be their second favorite god after me maybe. The trade helps them get more quantity and diversity of food and you've thrown a couple events with food where they were invited.

Anyway, I guess you're like me a bit regarding motivation. I don't have many personal motives but I make up for it by supporting other people's motives to keep me busy.

Sorry about that. I'll make sure to keep them private in the future.

No big deal. You didn't really say anything bad, I just figured I'd mention that it bothers Grauel (and me) a bit. I've probably unintentionally done it too at some point. Stuff happens.

I've died six times now and I'll just say that it's not fun at all. There was never any novelty to begin with and each time I die my power tanks and I have to wait ages until I'm capable of doing anything. I also heavily dislike the fact that I'm always the target for most of the crap that happens in this game for some reason. What I'd give to even have 10 max Essence....

I don't think dying is fun exactly but the challenges you face seem interesting. Anyway, sorry to hear that. OOC, I would love to see everyone enjoying themselves and it probably even reflects occasionally in my IC actions despite me trying to keep IC and OOC separate (E.g. Grauel helping Serac's followers a while back when the game was still just starting up because I didn't want his new character having too much of a hard time early on from Gruen eating his stuff). Making a new god would return you to normal capacity though and and as a new god, you probably wouldn't be targeted by anything. I guess the problem with your situation regarding the rules is that most players probably wouldn't keep trying to come back after getting down to such low essence but some death penalties need to be in effect to prevent it from becoming meaningless.

The fighting is more a trait of the game type and players than anything else, I think. The game rules regarding conflict are probably difficult to tweak in that it would be hard for them to satisfy everyone. That said, for what I can offer while still RPing appropriately, I play Grauel as a pretty loyal character, so especially with a new fresh character, it would be pretty simple to buddy up with him and get some extra protection. Grauel likes loyalty and acts accordingly. Only issue would be if the trust was broken.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: December 10, 2014, 07:10:30 pm »

I've died six times now and I'll just say that it's not fun at all. There was never any novelty to begin with and each time I die my power tanks and I have to wait ages until I'm capable of doing anything. I also heavily dislike the fact that I'm always the target for most of the crap that happens in this game for some reason. What I'd give to even have 10 max Essence....

To be fair, I am pretty sure it is the other players attacking you, not the GM. Death ain't cheap. Why not just roll another character at this point? Its fairly obvious your getting knocked down every time you get back up. The giant essence monster of you also might be a good argument for retirement. I mean, your Angels are lost/captured/dead or something, your other creations will still be around without Yaos, and you have an interesting idea for a new character. Why not just start anew?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2462 on: December 10, 2014, 07:18:44 pm »

I, too, am pretty sure it's not the GM.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: December 10, 2014, 07:19:46 pm »

But you are the GM.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2464 on: December 10, 2014, 07:21:37 pm »

Who is this handsome, powerful GM do you speak of? ;D

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: December 10, 2014, 07:28:53 pm »

Fun fact, the real reason Azem hoards so much essence is because I haven't clue what I want to do. Start the Keshan version of the Olympics? Try to get the Gruen to like me? Something else entirely?

The Gruen don't like you? News to me. I figured you would probably be their second favorite god after me maybe. The trade helps them get more quantity and diversity of food and you've thrown a couple events with food where they were invited.
I suppose. Sometimes I wish population and worshipper base were actually tracked.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: December 10, 2014, 07:30:13 pm »

Im somewhat reluctant to participate in common sense increasing enchantment, partialy because I hope to cover most of it with my guide, partialy becouse having Golems to understand that pulling legs off that human for stealing is not remotley apropriate punishment is not as funny.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 07:37:59 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: December 10, 2014, 07:32:56 pm »

Would my greed-aligned races somehow lose their unique charm if I gave them a common sense enhancement?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: December 10, 2014, 08:06:30 pm »

I'm not giving up quite yet. I'm still having more fun with Yaos than I am frustrated. There are two main problems I have with this game.

Spoiler: Rant (click to show/hide)

On the subject of personal dimensions, what can we actually do with them? Aside from being more difficult to break into than a Spirit World plane, what's the point of them?

$$$
Price check on creating probability-altering missiles with Randomness as secondary sphere. Basically you can set the odds of how likely they are to hit their target, from 0 to 100% (quiet, Stirk!)
Price check on creating probability altering missiles without aligned sphere
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 08:39:33 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2469 on: December 10, 2014, 10:08:27 pm »

Population is tracked, but it's gotten far messier than just having a few races as it was in the beginning. The presence of nonspecifically aligned races really does make things worse. Worshipper base is also tracked, but the calculations also got messy because of the whole deal with using logarithms instead of some sort of linear relationship.

There sure seem to be lots of poor design choices for the game mechanics. I'm not even sure I can elminate most of them if YG gets rebooted at some point, but using linear values instead of logarithmic ones will probably help keep things more organized and clear. For now, limiting my own direct intervention, making the Council far more powerful in surveillance and enforcement (as was intended), fixing some hilariously broken issues regarding time travel, compiling and maintaining a local copy of all creations' design notes (best if you (pl.) do this for time-related reasons and accuracy of intent), and lifting all conflict-control restrictions should help improve the game.

Now requesting lists/lists of links of/to all of your creations. Failing that, a date and time will help a lot.This will help prevent confusion and forgetting about certain key features of your creations in the future. I don't really have any deadline for this, but I'd really appreciate getting complete lists in a week.

Vgray: It depends on what you consider to be their charm.

Andres: I'll see about giving you all a little break to work on doing interesting things. Of course, with finals and a vacation (with no guarantee of sufficient internet access), this may be guaranteed no matter what.

I'll also work on revising god deaths, but this is somewhat complicated by the presence of several expensive  creations built from the start with this in mind. The Council will definitely be more powerful, though. I'll see what I can do about stuff after a little more studying.

Personal dimensions are for things you don't want others to find easily.

I'm glad you're still having more fun with Yaos than you are frustrated, but let's see what we can do about removing the frustrated part. Just keep in mind that other players will be out to get you (and, really, everyone else too) no matter what, so what I can do is limited to outcomes.

$$$Response
Probability-altering missiles? Would there be any reason not to keep it at 100% all the time?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: December 10, 2014, 10:16:11 pm »

My first problem is that we have to keep on dealing with crises (HoDo, the Second Crusade, the plague, etc.) and we don't really get a chance to do stuff any more. Not enough acting, too much reacting. Of course, I realise that this is mostly due to the players so I guess there's nothing we can do about it.

You are the only one reacting. You do realize that those are caused by other people acting? The thing is, when nobody acts, literally nothing happens. That is boring. If you want to act more, roll a new character and don't die. The only reason you keep having to react to something is because someone/multiple people hate you and want you to die. Repeatedly. So they keep acting, and you react poorly enough that it gets you killed. (Seriously. You killed yourself once. Not the best reaction)

My second problem is a bit more core. It has to do with the severe limits placed on gods. In a god game, extremely high amounts of power are a given. In this game, though, you still have a lot of power but there's just so many ways to veto it. Prime examples of this is the fate-locked nature of the Harbinger story, the monkeys which somehow managed to overcome the Council on their own, and the regularity at which angels become more powerful than gods.

But that is Gods limiting other Gods power using their own power. Why shouldn't that be allowed? The Hooded Lady was Fateblocked because someone dumped essence into the project, somebody probably dumped essence into the monkeys (I doubt they are working alone, at the very least they are probably void assisted), and Angels become more powerful than gods because, say it with me, essence was dumped into them. They aren't being vetoed, they are being out gunned. If you dumped into your body the amount of essence that I dumped into Tykki, you might even be stronger than her if you where clever about it. Probably not though, because Tykki would still beat you.

What are you saying you want? Do you want your 20+ essence project removed by another god easily? I don't understand what you are saying. You complain about the amount of ways to 'veto' things, are you asking for more?

I'll also work on revising god deaths, but this is somewhat complicated by the presence of several expensive  creations built from the start with this in mind. The Council will definitely be more powerful, though. I'll see what I can do about stuff after a little more studying.

Awwww. I liked the weak Council.

Now requesting lists/lists of links of/to all of your creations. Failing that, a date and time will help a lot.This will help prevent confusion and forgetting about certain key features of your creations in the future. I don't really have any deadline for this, but I'd really appreciate getting complete lists in a week.

...All of them? This game has been going on for two months 0_0

In other news: YAY! I just did my final final for the year. I can finally do nothing!

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #2471 on: December 10, 2014, 11:03:58 pm »

All of my creations? Okay, what did I even make?
Spoiler: My Creations (click to show/hide)
I think that's everything. Do I need more detail then that?

And do you have everything saved somewhere? Because it would be pretty easy to make a word document or something and save it all there once you get it if you don't. (Besides, I kind of want to see the entire world once I die/it ends).

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2472 on: December 10, 2014, 11:12:54 pm »

I have outbound PMs saved up to #1499, inbound PMs at least on GMail, every tick update prior to posting edits, and price check results up to tick 25 or so. (My PM-to-post ratio is above 1.16.)

I'll definitely save everything, yes. I'm sure everyone will want to see everything everyone has created at some point.

I'll also hunt down descriptions once finals are done. For now, having their names should at least help with searching (i.e. I need search one place instead of IC, OOC, outpms, and email).

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: December 10, 2014, 11:19:22 pm »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: December 10, 2014, 11:34:55 pm »

$$$Response
Probability-altering missiles? Would there be any reason not to keep it at 100% all the time?
Nope! :))

I'm a bit confused about the poll options. Could you give (plausible, non-jelly roll) examples of how each method would affect cost? Creation of sapients seems like a good example.

I've also secretly created some things that I may not want other gods to know about. Is it ok if I send you a PM instead?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 350