Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 417454 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #3345 on: January 10, 2015, 06:20:11 am »

Nope, I came up with it and created it completely on my own.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: January 10, 2015, 06:26:49 am »

Nope, I came up with it and created it completely on my own.

Aww. It is no fair to brag about something without telling us what it is. Want to give any hints?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: January 10, 2015, 06:27:35 am »

Are the parasites able to feel pain?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: January 10, 2015, 06:27:56 am »

For an example I had planned on putting up, look at the Paladin's armor or, much more recently, the Bellatores, especially considering their armor.
Paladin armour was supposed to be the ultra-heavy stuff. Bellator armour is just normal plate armour with some blood armour underneath. Said blood armour can be sub-dermal, intra-dermal (it means inside the skin, I think), or super-dermal. That's one layer of steel armour and one layer of iron (considering their skill) armour.

In your head story, the giant parasites bite at a well armored human who looks down at the dented mandibles with a cruel smile on his face before slaughtering it and dozens more. In reality, it appears they just got bit and died.
I'm imagining zombies, actually. What I can't figure out is how Human teeth can bite through two layers of armour. This is why I want more information on these parasites. GM really needs to start explaining in greater detail.

Attunements and the dust ring: It's not an attunement so much as it is an explicit power.
...just like chi! That's it! All we have to do is create our own anti-Void energy....thing!

...being heavily outnumbered.
We. Need. More. Detail. In my head they've been hitting some villages leading their numbers to go up to the high hundreds. Even hundreds of unarmed Humans wouldn't be much of a challenge for 50 super-soldiers when aided by a literal god who's literally the most powerful mage in the universe, using Thermopylae as a kind of base (formation and terrain made up for with magic, better-quality armour/weapons, and a literal god as an ally vs completely unarmed and armoured zombies). Obviously I was wrong.

"....are you hitting on Azem? "There is nothing more comfortable than being inside me"? How subtle."

I always thought Malkath was a goldigger.

I laughed. Then realized that is 100% true. Then I laughed harder.
Malakath stopped that policy like last Tick! She's not even charging Azem for the privilege!
IT'S NOT THAT KIND OF PRIVILEGE!

Then my example goes to show how little I know about this world still  :-[.
I was surprised that I was kind-of right for once. It feels kinda nice.

It is either 'Bellators' or 'Sanatores' - it is NOT 'Bellatores'.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: January 10, 2015, 06:35:00 am »

Are the parasites able to feel pain?

From what I can tell, they are unthinking and unfeeling. It makes little since to add pain to a race made only to slaughter.

Paladin armour was supposed to be the ultra-heavy stuff. Bellator armour is just normal plate armour with some blood armour underneath. Said blood armour can be sub-dermal, intra-dermal (it means inside the skin, I think), or super-dermal. That's one layer of steel armour and one layer of iron (considering their skill) armour.

There you go with the details again ::)

I'm imagining zombies, actually. What I can't figure out is how Human teeth can bite through two layers of armour. This is why I want more information on these parasites. GM really needs to start explaining in greater detail.

Then this is what you are wrong on! (Right?) They are not controlling corpses. They are using corpses to reproduce (or, somewhat likely, only look like it). You aren't being attacked by Zombies, you are being attacked by parasites. If I knew this, I would have made this my example.

We. Need. More. Detail. In my head they've been hitting some villages leading their numbers to go up to the high hundreds. Even hundreds of unarmed Humans wouldn't be much of a challenge for 50 super-soldiers when aided by a literal god who's literally the most powerful mage in the universe, using Thermopylae as a kind of base (formation and terrain made up for with magic, better-quality armour/weapons, and a literal god as an ally vs completely unarmed and armoured zombies). Obviously I was wrong.

They aren't unarmed humans, and you aren't the greatest mage in the world let alone the universe. You are the god of Souls, which gives you the amount of control over magic that the God of Wood gets over fire.

Malakath stopped that policy like last Tick! She's not even charging Azem for the privilege!
IT'S NOT THAT KIND OF PRIVILEGE!

:-\ ??? :o

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: January 10, 2015, 06:38:45 am »

I'm thinking the parasites are like facehugers from Aliens movies.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: January 10, 2015, 06:42:42 am »

There you go with the details again ::)
Well excuuuse me for wanting to put effort into my creations in a god game. :P

You are the god of Souls, which gives you the amount of control over magic that the God of Wood gets over fire.
Actually, it gives me the amount of control over magic that the god of Alcohol gets over beer. Vodka might be more accurate because of the increased necessity for alcohol in that particular drink.

I'm thinking the parasites are like facehugers from Aliens movies.
DETAILS, GM. WE NEED IT.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: January 10, 2015, 06:54:10 am »

Actually, it gives me the amount of control over magic that the god of Alcohol gets over beer. Vodka might be more accurate because of the increased necessity for alcohol in that particular drink.

Oh? And what if I told you I was lying about Magic coming from Souls? It is something Fusil would do to get his way, and I am your only source for this. You didn't even know about it until I told you.

...I *wasn't*, but you would think that the God of Alcohol would know about beer being made of alcohol. It really doesn't give you any extra control over magic, and assuming it does it a little silly.

DETAILS, GM. WE NEED IT.

I always thought the lack of details helped add to the hysteria of the things. Something unknown is attacking, go kill it.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: January 10, 2015, 07:00:35 am »

...I *wasn't*, but you would think that the God of Alcohol would know about beer being made of alcohol.
It's not my fault I went through all this time saying magic was made of mana and the GM saw fit to not correct me. :-\

It really doesn't give you any extra control over magic, and assuming it does it a little silly.
The way I understand it, magic is literally soul energy. SOUL energy. If Fusil has extra control over ammunition of all things then I have extra control over magic.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: January 10, 2015, 07:14:54 am »

...I *wasn't*, but you would think that the God of Alcohol would know about beer being made of alcohol.
It's not my fault I went through all this time saying magic was made of mana and the GM saw fit to not correct me. :-\

It really doesn't give you any extra control over magic, and assuming it does it a little silly.
The way I understand it, magic is literally soul energy. SOUL energy. If Fusil has extra control over ammunition of all things then I have extra control over magic.

Are you trying to play the "Blame minigame" now? I mean, it was kind of obviose. Souls burn out when too much magic is used and all.

Anyway, we could just ask. Not a lot of point in arguing when the guy who controls the world can just be questioned.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: January 10, 2015, 07:45:59 am »

Andres, have you considered that just as "mana" was a quantifier of magic power for mortals, essense may be same for gods?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: January 10, 2015, 07:51:52 am »

Andres, have you considered that just as "mana" was a quantifier of magic power for mortals, essense may be same for gods?
Yes I have. I considered it and then rejected it. You see, the difference between gods and mortals is that gods have Essence, magic, and chi while mortals only have magic and chi. This extremely fundamental difference is why mortals cannot ascend to godhood no matter how powerful they are, unless they have the Void's help. /Assumption
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 08:07:20 am by Andres »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: January 10, 2015, 07:53:19 am »

.....Do you actually suspect that you will be able to do that as a minor action? You must be kidding.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: January 10, 2015, 08:09:16 am »

.....Do you actually suspect that you will be able to do that as a minor action? You must be kidding.
With enough luck I think I'll be able to. If not, I should still be able to get a lot of them. Besides, if you can literally nuke things with 0 Essence cost I think I can do this in some capacity.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3359 on: January 10, 2015, 08:15:23 am »

Parasites and pain: After some checking, it seems they do not feel pain.
Parasite reproduction: It seems they do not actually reproduce by biting but by something I can only explain as being similar to pre-gelding DF reproduction (i.e. can mate from anywhere in the same fort). I think they are almost like 'Nids, except they find sentients (and up) to be more appealing sources of biomass, but this does not really mesh well with the parasite part.
Number of parasites: I cannot reveal too much, but there are at least a few million, I think.
Plural of Bellator being Bellators: I tend to fall back on standard Latin plurals, so this sort of explicit correction is actually necessary for some of the more Latin-derived names. It is basically internal spellchecking so as not to propagate perceived typos.
Malakath, goddess of magic: In light of recent research, it is more likely to be analogous to the god of Vodka tinkering with Alcohol. However, these recent pieces have yet to be tested, testable though they may be.
Magic being made of mana: I thought it was just another character-held assumption the player might not see as fitting the evidence but which would be appropriate. This is related to why I do not just step in and solve all the mystery attacks for you (pl.). The investigations tend to be fairly interesting and often turn up some bonus intrigue, providing something of a picture of just how much happens in secret and out of sight.
Manufacturing gods: The Council combined can probably pull it off too, but I have doubts about my ability to partition knowledge properly for such GMPCs, so I recommend not doing this.

So as to avoid abuse with near-free actions (and the probable outrage when its innate (un)reliability comes up), I would like to make sure that everyone knows that magic is not a perfect substitute for Essence. At least a few among you are getting a bit closer to making attempts at getting overpowered discounts.

Also, the nuke cost way more than 0E.

TROLLADDIT: It cost at least a hundred times that.

ACTUALADDIT: Also, nearly all of your collective suffering and woes come from other players. Azem is right to think that the world would be sunshine-and-rainbows utopic with the complete removal of backstabbing. This is just a heads-up because of how much misery will likely appear over the next few ticks so that you know to start taking pre-emptive measures.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 08:29:42 am by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 350