Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 419172 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #3585 on: January 17, 2015, 01:14:45 am »

I would get in fights more, except that I'm not up to par with any of the big boys.

Why not just fight each other if you're that bloodthirsty? I mean, jeez. Curbstomb battles ain't interestin'.

Maybe we have been?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: January 17, 2015, 01:15:17 am »

I meant in public. >.>
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: January 17, 2015, 01:27:47 am »

Hey Rolep, vetoes aren't useless and they are an actual thing. When I created my constellations, for example, someone decided to veto them and I needed 3 other gods to support them (0E) so they could exist. That vetoing was totally free and totally effective. I would know - I did the same thing to your constellations.

EDIT: Welcome, Cryxis! Nice to see you on here.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: January 17, 2015, 01:34:44 am »

Can you link that particular reference, Andres? If you can find it anyway.

I always thought you were vetoing things as a synonym to opposes, but evidently that wasn't the case.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: January 17, 2015, 01:36:51 am »

I always thought you were vetoing things as a synonym to opposes, but evidently that wasn't the case.

It is. The fact that he was opposed meant that it wouldn't move forward.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: January 17, 2015, 01:37:07 am »

Hey Rolep, vetoes aren't useless and they are an actual thing. When I created my constellations, for example, someone decided to veto them and I needed 3 other gods to support them (0E) so they could exist. That vetoing was totally free and totally effective. I would know - I did the same thing to your constellations.

EDIT: Welcome, Cryxis! Nice to see you on here.

...Constellations normally cost 0E to create, and you didn't veto, you opposed. In that case, it was preventing something that didn't cost anything and people only had to spend a minimal amount to get past it. Not a veto.

False Equivalency. If I'm spending Essence on doing something, you cannot veto/oppose/prevent it for free. Period. Not how the system works, nor does it make any sense whatsoever.

Also, you can't veto a veto. That doesn't even make sense.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: January 17, 2015, 01:39:18 am »

Why not just fight each other if you're that bloodthirsty? I mean, jeez. Curbstomb battles ain't interestin'.

Weren't you the one who asked me to be more restrained after the last time I decided to fight someone? I figured watching others fight was the next best thing considering I tend to get massively carried away.

If there's no complaints now though, I'd be perfectly happy to fight anyone who wants to challenge me.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: January 17, 2015, 01:40:09 am »

Weren't you the one who asked me to be more restrained after the last time I decided to fight someone? I figured watching others fight was the next best thing considering I tend to get massively carried away.

If there's no complaints now though, I'd be perfectly happy to fight anyone who wants to challenge me.
I asked you not to kill civilians.

You guys could take it out to space and duke it out where no one else can get hurt.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: January 17, 2015, 01:43:35 am »

I asked you not to kill civilians.

You guys could take it out to space and duke it out where no one else can get hurt.

Says the guy who brought civilians to the last battle. They never did get revived, did they?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: January 17, 2015, 01:45:57 am »

Yaos and Darruth: At least one god opposes your (pl.) skyfeatures. They have entered a murky state of half-existence.

...Constellations normally cost 0E to create, and you didn't veto, you opposed. In that case, it was preventing something that didn't cost anything and people only had to spend a minimal amount to get past it. Not a veto.

False Equivalency. If I'm spending Essence on doing something, you cannot veto/oppose/prevent it for free. Period. Not how the system works, nor does it make any sense whatsoever.
Actually, I specifically used the word "veto" in my PM to KJP describing what I wanted to do to your constellations. As it is now (or at LEAST as it was then), it's entirely possible to veto a non-free thing for free. In order to force my FREE constellations into existence, for example, I had to spend 2 Essence. If non-free things could only be vetoed by a non-free veto then I could've just spent 1E to create the constellations. Obviously the power to obstruct creation is more powerful than creation itself.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 01:47:28 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: January 17, 2015, 01:48:06 am »

...No that's bullshit, and you know it.

First off, that did not fully veto it; it balanced itself out. It's not a matter of technicalities or semantics, it's the fact that it's free unless another god is actively opposing their creation, in which case to cement them it costs Essence. The amount is not at issue, particularly since there were multiple constellations.

So, no, that's bullshit. Obviously nothing.

They reincarnated, Stirk, and besides, they volunteered to fight; that ain't civilians.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: January 17, 2015, 01:50:30 am »

Actually, I specifically used the word "veto" in my PM to KJP describing what I wanted to do to your constellations. As it is now (or at LEAST as it was then), it's entirely possible to veto a non-free thing for free. In order to force my FREE constellations into existence, for example, I had to spend 2 Essence. If non-free things could only be vetoed by a non-free veto then I could've just spent 1E to create the constellations. Obviously the power to obstruct creation is more powerful than creation itself.

Alright this conversation got boring to everyone a while ago. Either it is dead or Malakath is~

They reincarnated, Stirk, and besides, they volunteered to fight; that ain't civilians.

Untrained militiamen might as well be. Are you saying you don't care if anyone dies?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: January 17, 2015, 01:51:45 am »

I'm saying you're trying to twist my words around when you know that's BS.

Dragon flattening a city and eating souls =/= soldiers dying in battle
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: January 17, 2015, 01:53:09 am »

You didn't do anything then either.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: January 17, 2015, 01:56:02 am »

...No that's bullshit, and you know it.

First off, that did not fully veto it; it balanced itself out. It's not a matter of technicalities or semantics, it's the fact that it's free unless another god is actively opposing their creation, in which case to cement them it costs Essence. The amount is not at issue, particularly since there were multiple constellations.
Calm down, Rolep. We're discussing vetoes in a god game - not religion in a....well, anywhere but a god game, ironically enough.

If all it did was balance it out, then any amount of Essence or any support from another god would've pushed the constellations into existence, but they didn't. It was either 2 Essence or 3 gods and that 2 Essence price-point didn't go down the more gods were in support. As for multiple constellations, I'll remind you that it cost 2 Essence to force my 4 constellations through but it also would've cost YOU 2 Essence just to get through your 2 constellations.

Thus concludes all evidence and all arguments I can present. I will not continue from hereon and will leave it up to everyone else to form your own opinions.

Alright this conversation got boring to everyone a while ago. Either it is dead or Malakath is~
See, Stirk, I have a real f*cking problem with getting killed for OOC reasons. Seriously, don't.

You didn't do anything then either.
Darruth(NOT pl.) only cares about innocent lives if they're part of his empire. Everyone else is irrelevant.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 01:58:13 am by Andres »
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 350