Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 419190 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #4620 on: February 16, 2015, 09:36:29 am »

"I always figured that a sphere is a gods soul in a sense, that it is his driving force, love and goal at the same time."

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4621 on: February 16, 2015, 12:45:45 pm »

I'm sorry for any confusion or fighting I caused. When I first read about Divine magic, I thought it had to be granted by a god to a mortal or group of mortals, rather than appearing and growing with worship. By fireball, what I mean is a ball of fire that shoots from someone's hand. The exact size may vary, but I definitely did not mean a giant ball of exploding incendiary that kills everything in a 10m radius.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4622 on: February 16, 2015, 12:51:26 pm »

Byrraway, how does lawmode work, specifically? Is Cim always the sort of arbitrator/judge, given their sphere? How are the laws interpreted and applied, and who by? Also punishments, how are they figured out and applied?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4623 on: February 16, 2015, 12:54:27 pm »

Byrraway, how does lawmode work, specifically? Is Cim always the sort of arbitrator/judge, given their sphere? How are the laws interpreted and applied, and who by? Also punishments, how are they figured out and applied?

Nope, his sphere has nothing over it. As the one who gets the most Law Mode stuff thrown at him, Ill try to tell you what I can for memory. I got woken up by a fire alarm at 4AM, so forgive me for inaccuracies:

1. Someone accuses someone of a crime
2. We all vote as if it was a proposal, on "guilty", "Innocent", or "abstain".
3. If Guilty, the lawmode continues for punishment. Anyone may propose one.
4. We then vote on the punishment.

Basically, it is like normal proposals but with a different number of votes required and a different time scale.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4624 on: February 16, 2015, 12:57:22 pm »

Well, I also made a whole bunch of plants as Serac... If you really are recording all the flora, you should probably include those.
Noted. If you could please tell me where to look for them/provide links/descriptions it would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Retired/Extended Sigs

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4625 on: February 16, 2015, 01:00:43 pm »

I see. 'Cause the laws (of which I'm essentially using the Code of Conduct as the entirety of, beyond other Council rules) are... really quite vague, and open to quite significant differences in interpretation.

Would anyone be open to helping make them a bit more defined?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4626 on: February 16, 2015, 01:24:49 pm »

I see. 'Cause the laws (of which I'm essentially using the Code of Conduct as the entirety of, beyond other Council rules) are... really quite vague, and open to quite significant differences in interpretation.

Would anyone be open to helping make them a bit more defined?

In or out of character? Nope! I want the laws to be useless. Never a fan of them.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: February 16, 2015, 01:35:51 pm »

Meh. I'm just a bizarre conflicted person. I like playing Chaotic characters going against the rules, but don't like those rules to be too vague. Oh well!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4628 on: February 16, 2015, 01:41:32 pm »

Meh. I'm just a bizarre conflicted person. I like playing Chaotic characters going against the rules, but don't like those rules to be too vague. Oh well!

Even if they where defined better, it wouldn't mean much. It is essentially mob rule. Even if Azem decided to go on a murder spree and kills three Gods in cold blood for everyone to see, if nobody wants to punish him he won't be punished. Likewise, if we decided to punish one of the Gods who just posted once and became inactive, even though they obviously didn't commit the crime, they would be. The laws are pointless in every way. The only real law is "Whatever the Gods feel like prosecuting".

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #4629 on: February 16, 2015, 01:57:28 pm »

So Stirk, have you decided yet if you're going to make a new god or if you're going to revive Fusil? I'm assuming you're not dropping out because you're still quite active here :3

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4630 on: February 16, 2015, 02:00:06 pm »

So Stirk, have you decided yet if you're going to make a new god or if you're going to revive Fusil? I'm assuming you're not dropping out because you're still quite active here :3

Fusil is obviously permadead with nothing anyone can ever do to ever ever revive him ever. I am in no hurry to make a new character, the weekend blew by way to fast. I mean, it is like three days to a tick now, with all the workload poor KJP has thrown at him. I could spend an entire week making a new character and not miss much.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4631 on: February 16, 2015, 02:29:11 pm »

Ideas for Pride had been thrown out. Have you considered those?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4632 on: February 16, 2015, 02:32:15 pm »

What about Pacifism?

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4633 on: February 16, 2015, 02:38:09 pm »

The list of plants has been updated for all of you drug lords out there. It will be completely updated after I add all of Serac's plants and get confirmation on the status of Mystic Weed from Andres (wether or not it was cancelled as I can no longer find records of it).
Retired/Extended Sigs

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4634 on: February 16, 2015, 02:40:15 pm »

Ideas for Pride had been thrown out. Have you considered those?

Somebody already had pride. It is no fun being in an unoriginal sphere!

What about Pacifism?

Sounds boring to lay, to be honest.

Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 350