Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 419177 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [21/∞] Talk here
« Reply #4725 on: February 20, 2015, 10:56:15 pm »

Why isn't Fusil on the list :'(
There is nothing darker than black? Fusil was "dead" at the end of the game?

Also, if Odolhirum was a ghost town, how did I kill people from there?

Neither of those things are true! Darker Than Black is an anime, and Fusil was still alive. I mean, he died twice and came back immediately both times, why would this be any different?

I don't know, I think KJP could have really cleverly wrote that as "There was nobody in the town but a few hundred squatters"  :P. It would explain things like:
Yol-tore have swept around the city stealthily, eliminating the few leaders there are. The mage guild has been imploded, killing all inside (nobody) and destroying much research. Kit has learnt a little about implosions.

The pawns, deathbells, and twilightborn have approached the city. With the first shot of the pawns' bows, the remains of the walls crumble in the likeness of a rockslide. The city is looted, pillaged, and burned with barely any resistance (because there was nobody there :P). The army has rung the bells of twilight throughout the city, killing off almost all of the inhabitants. Of the approximately 200 000 inhabitants, only about a hundred remain (which your army announces to you).

The city's ruins have been cursed as described. Creatures of shadow will now roam the city killing and replacing any who enter.

The survivors have been sacrificed and grown into deathbells. Training as glowkillers (anti-mage, anti-angel) has begun.

The games over and people are still bashing Darruth. :P

Actually, it is spelled Durratatatatatat.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4726 on: February 20, 2015, 10:56:59 pm »

Why isn't Fusil on the list :'(
Because Fusil isn't on the list of living gods, thus he is not worth mentioning.

Why am I on the black-list? :o

I wasn't the one selectively applying Council law to murder a rival :P
Well there was that one time where you killed a bunch of innocent people (who weren't even my followers) because I made a boast. Literally, that was your only reason.

Firstly, he was imprisoned because of the countless amounts of time he broke the law. Secondly, I merely expected him to be imprisoned. It's not my fault that some other proposal was passed which would lock him inside the sun. If you actually look through the records, you'll find that I actually proposed to get Fusil out of the sun and which I'm continuing to support.

Speaking of which, put me on safe stasis. I'd rather the last Tick report I read of the game NOT be about how everything I've built towards has suddenly crumbled into absolute nothing in the blink of an eye.

Also, if Odolhirum was a ghost town, how did I kill people from there?
I really have no idea. Maybe the Merman Emperor brought in some settlers? You still haven't answered my question on the reason behind the killing.

It's a game and there are different ways to have fun? That's kind of like asking people who play shooter games why they enjoy something that's simulating mass death and war. Or asking people who play strategy games what's fun about commanding armies to murder each other.
My question isn't why people chose to play as dicks, it's why so many people chose to play as dicks. God games are supposed to be about creativity and actually making a world - not just competing against other gods, right?

EDIT:
I mean, he died twice and came back immediately both times, why would this be any different?
He died 3 times. The first was during the First Crusade, the second was during the Second Crusade, and the third was that whole business with the sun.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #4727 on: February 20, 2015, 10:57:54 pm »

Honestly, I think I was rather kind. Atropos only killed about 300,000 people, which isn't that much for a goddess of death if you think about it. And the only time I actually attacked anyone was Odolhirum because you vaporized unborn deathbells inside the town. Also I tried to stab you that one time, but I'm convinced it wouldn't have injured you. If it did, I would have re-payed you the damages anyways.
And Serac only killed Fusil's followers, because Fusil was annoying. :P

And Andres, you are firmly in the black list. Permakilling people, stealing angels' and mortals' souls...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4728 on: February 20, 2015, 11:02:29 pm »

Well there was that one time where you killed a bunch of innocent people (who weren't even my followers) because I made a boast. Literally, that was your only reason.

It was actually to temper your influence, because if the mortals (who can all use magic now) believed your boast of being the God of Magic then your influence would sky-rocket. That was bad for everyone, so I took steps. Poorly thought out steps but still... they were only mortals, sunshine.
It's a game and there are different ways to have fun? That's kind of like asking people who play shooter games why they enjoy something that's simulating mass death and war. Or asking people who play strategy games what's fun about commanding armies to murder each other.
My question isn't why people chose to play as dicks, it's why so many people chose to play as dicks. God games are supposed to be about creativity and actually making a world - not just competing against other gods, right?

Naaaah, that's silly :P what's the point of working with the other players when you can destroy their works and humiliate them for your own pleasure?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4729 on: February 20, 2015, 11:07:44 pm »

Honestly, I think I was rather kind. Atropos only killed about 300,000 people, which isn't that much for a goddess of death if you think about it. And the only time I actually attacked anyone was Odolhirum because you vaporized unborn deathbells inside the town. Also I tried to stab you that one time, but I'm convinced it wouldn't have injured you. If it did, I would have re-payed you the damages anyways.
And Serac only killed Fusil's followers, because Fusil was annoying. :P
If Atropos had a problem with that, all she had to do was talk to Malakath about it. Really, that's all it would've taken. I think I can say with relative certainty that Malakath was one of the few deities who could be convinced. Most of the rest were extremely stubborn about how they do things.

And Andres, you are firmly in the black list. Permakilling people, stealing angels' and mortals' souls...
Malakath felt and feels very guilty about permakilling those people and even looked into the possibility of bringing them back. The angel soul-stealing was entirely an accident and she brought both of them back to life with no modifications (except for one who accepted her offer of becoming a Malakathian angel), and she only stole the souls of those who made a promise using her own magic and then broke that promise. That's not being a dick, that's fair and due punishment, ESPECIALLY when said punishment and the crime attached to it is freely known to everyone. You're not a dick when you do something bad, realise you do something bad, and then try to fix it. Most gods never get past that first stage.

Naaaah, that's silly :P what's the point of working with the other players when you can destroy their works and humiliate them for your own pleasure?
It's actually a lot of fun. Seriously, the last dozen or so Ticks I've just been creating things on my own and with other people and it was actually really fun. Fighting with other gods is only really "fun" in the same way Farmville is. It's not, but you do it anyway because it's "fun", except I really got sick of it after a while and only did it so I could play the actual game.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 11:09:53 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4730 on: February 20, 2015, 11:12:15 pm »

Well you can't expect everyone's definition of fun to be exactly the same. I didn't find punishing Fusil fun because it was basically every bugger going "oh Fusil's a dick, lets kill him" because that was stupid, but I imagine Stirk was semi-amused because he knew it wouldn't actually do anything. Amongst other things heh :))

I think people are dicks in games like this because it's a "safe" environment to be a dick in, and it's cathartic.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #4731 on: February 20, 2015, 11:16:28 pm »

I suspect the next YG will end up having a *HIPPIEMODE instance for conflict-free creation. :P

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4732 on: February 20, 2015, 11:18:02 pm »

I think people are dicks in games like this because it's a "safe" environment to be a dick in, and it's cathartic.
I think Ye Gods 2.0 should include better character in terms of the sapients who live in it. These guys are supposed to be people but they didn't really come across as such from the Tick reports we got. When Grauel killed the Human capital, for example, we were told of who was killed and how many were killed but that's it. Nothing about what the survivors felt, how the people in the rest of the Empire reacted, or even what people outside of the Empire thought of the event. Nothing. It was just a gameplay event with no emotional weight behind it.

EDIT: Ninja'd by the GM! Damn it! And this post actually regarded advice for the next game!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 11:20:39 pm by Andres »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4733 on: February 20, 2015, 11:19:30 pm »

I suspect the next YG will end up having a *HIPPIEMODE instance for conflict-free creation. :P

I suspect it will be considered "Armory Mode" by everyone and only used to pile up weapons for when it ends  :P.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4734 on: February 20, 2015, 11:22:38 pm »

Eh. Depends on how violently opposed everyone is to everyone else, based on their goal. The more overbearing and ambitious the goal, the more likely you are to have conflict.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4735 on: February 20, 2015, 11:22:48 pm »

As well it should be. If the humans wanted to petition a god for anything like that, they'd pray for it. I'm not a big fan on flavour that just adds some emotional nonsense to the game. But that's just another personal thing that's going to be different for everyone.

It would've added way too much to KJP's plate if that were happening though (at least in the latter stages)

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #4736 on: February 20, 2015, 11:23:38 pm »

Or you could be like Atropos and Serac, and just never have your followers or you injured in fights. I set up a few layers of redundant defenses for them, and then focused on creating without having to worry that much.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4737 on: February 20, 2015, 11:24:09 pm »

And I think it's better if you fill it in yourself, since it's not hard to imagine how they felt. I mean, besides the difficulty in imagining anyone going through such horrendous tragedy.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4738 on: February 20, 2015, 11:24:58 pm »

Or you could be like Atropos and Serac, and just never have your followers or you injured in fights. I set up a few layers of redundant defenses for them, and then focused on creating without having to worry that much.

Didn't they get killed for their scales? And weren't the Gruen going to attack them? And then there was the Merman attack...

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #4739 on: February 20, 2015, 11:26:47 pm »

Erm, there were two killed for their scales, but none were injured in the merman attack who weren't in my armies. (Unless they lived in the other cities, which wouldn't really matter anyways because they are so few.)
And the Gruen never tried to attack my followers?
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 350