Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 419177 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [21/∞] Talk here
« Reply #4740 on: February 20, 2015, 11:29:46 pm »

As well it should be. If the humans wanted to petition a god for anything like that, they'd pray for it. I'm not a big fan on flavour that just adds some emotional nonsense to the game. But that's just another personal thing that's going to be different for everyone.
I'm not asking for much. Just a sentence or two at least informing us of their emotions would've been enough.

And I think it's better if you fill it in yourself, since it's not hard to imagine how they felt. I mean, besides the difficulty in imagining anyone going through such horrendous tragedy.
The problem with that is that the people who actually launched the attack and those who just watch don't feel anything, leading to apathy and providing no emotional disincentive to performing a similar attack. I imagined how it must have felt and that's why I didn't do any megadeaths but I wager that a lot of people didn't so they were entirely ok with wiping out a city or two.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4741 on: February 20, 2015, 11:31:18 pm »

Well that would happen with you. I have a vivid imagination, and I'd be quite specific in how I'd want to attack a city, so I could imagine all the BURNING AND THE SCREAMING AND THE VIOLENCE quite easily.

Again, personal thing :)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4742 on: February 20, 2015, 11:32:44 pm »

I'm not asking for much. Just a sentence or two at least informing us of their emotions would've been enough.

"The inhabitants of the city feel unpleasant about being set on fire."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4743 on: February 20, 2015, 11:41:21 pm »

Erm, there were two killed for their scales, but none were injured in the merman attack who weren't in my armies. (Unless they lived in the other cities, which wouldn't really matter anyways because they are so few.)
And the Gruen never tried to attack my followers?

The Gruen wanted to but I helped you create defenders for your followers because I'm such a swell guy. I didn't have any particular qualms about the Gruen eating your followers but I didn't feel like being the cause of anyone losing too many followers early in the game before they had a chance to get established.

I let them go after the humans right away just because the humans were so numerous and I figured it wouldn't crush Yaos's start and most of them weren't even followers of Yaos.

"The inhabitants of the city feel unpleasant about being set on fire."

Hahaha!
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4744 on: February 20, 2015, 11:42:57 pm »

"The attack has sparked a wide amount of anti-Grauel and anti-Gruen sentiment across the Empire. Temples to Grauel are burned down, several Gruen cults disband and others are hunted down by vigilante groups. Those who show fear to Grauel or speak of him in anything less than a negative light are thoroughly bullied or even beaten. Outside the Empire, many cities interact with the Gruen at a far lesser degree, weakening trade. Many consider Grauel's actions to be appalling and petition the Council to punish him in some way. The survivors of the attack themselves live in a constant state of terror and sorrow, mourning their heavy losses and praying dearly to Yaos and the other gods to save them."

Seriously, that attack was 9/11 times a hundred.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: February 20, 2015, 11:45:52 pm »

Riiiight...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4746 on: February 20, 2015, 11:47:29 pm »

Hey man, I never said I was a good writer or anything but at least it's not nothing.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4747 on: February 20, 2015, 11:50:41 pm »

Hey man, I never said I was a good writer or anything but at least it's not nothing.

In that case, why don't you do that for the spinoff you planned but never got to?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4748 on: February 20, 2015, 11:51:57 pm »

It was more the whole... post-paragraph reference.

Terrorist atrocity vs. Fictional destruction. Not really comparable, no matter how you cut it.

I'd rather KJP (and he was so yeah) focus on processing actions and such rather than flavour. Because flavour isn't important.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #4749 on: February 20, 2015, 11:52:32 pm »

The Gruen wanted to but I helped you create defenders for your followers because I'm such a swell guy. I didn't have any particular qualms about the Gruen eating your followers but I didn't feel like being the cause of anyone losing too many followers early in the game before they had a chance to get established.
Oh, well that's hardly attacking! I'm sure they did that to all the races...

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4750 on: February 21, 2015, 12:19:22 am »

In that case, why don't you do that for the spinoff you planned but never got to?
I've actually done a lot of thinking and while the crunch for the game is fairly easy I absolutely fail when it comes to fluff. A good game needs both and I don't have what it takes.

It was more the whole... post-paragraph reference.

Terrorist atrocity vs. Fictional destruction. Not really comparable, no matter how you cut it.
Of course I don't think a fictional thing is as bad as 9/11, but in-universe it should definitely be treated as such.

I'd rather KJP (and he was so yeah) focus on processing actions and such rather than flavour. Because flavour isn't important.
It actually is pretty important. If, for example, the stuff I mentioned happened and then the gods did nothing there would also be quite a bit of anti-god sentiment in general which would've piled up more and more as the gods continued to be apathetic. With more fluff, not only would gods actually care about the horrendous acts they do on an emotional level, it would've prevented the endless apathy that a few gods like Azem always complain about. (Was it Azem? I can't remember.)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4751 on: February 21, 2015, 12:22:40 am »

I've actually done a lot of thinking and while the crunch for the game is fairly easy I absolutely fail when it comes to fluff. A good game needs both and I don't have what it takes.

Just try it, at least. You won't get better unless you actually make the attempt. If you go the god-game route, most the fluff is up to the players anyway.

It actually is pretty important. If, for example, the stuff I mentioned happened and then the gods did nothing there would also be quite a bit of anti-god sentiment in general which would've piled up more and more as the gods continued to be apathetic. With more fluff, not only would gods actually care about the horrendous acts they do on an emotional level, it would've prevented the endless apathy that a few gods like Azem always complain about. (Was it Azem? I can't remember.)

The thing is, whenever KJP tried to add fluff, you always complained. You said the details where wrong, that that isn't how it would go down. By not describing things with heavy detail, we are able to make the picture what it is in our head.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 12:25:54 am by Stirk »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4752 on: February 21, 2015, 12:55:46 am »

Just try it, at least. You won't get better unless you actually make the attempt. If you go the god-game route, most the fluff is up to the players anyway.
Problem there is I'm not interested in GMing a god game. :-\ I guess you have a point about attempting but the only kind of game I'm interested in running is an adventure game. Said type of game requires very decent fluff-writing which I just don't have. I don't know, maybe I'll give it a few weeks thought and see what I come up with.

The thing is, whenever KJP tried to add fluff, you always complained. You said the details where wrong, that that isn't how it would go down. By not describing things with heavy detail, we are able to make the picture what it is in our head.
I guess you have a point but you have to realise that "picturing stuff in your head" is what led to so many of my famous assumptions which in turn led to some if not most of my complaints. Less fluff left three problems (apathetic gods, assumptions, and complaints arising from those assumptions) where more fluff would've left one at the most (complaints).

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4753 on: February 21, 2015, 01:04:14 am »

Picturing fluff about how the people react, not how the laws of magic work. >.>
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4754 on: February 21, 2015, 01:05:27 am »

Problem there is I'm not interested in GMing a god game. :-\ I guess you have a point about attempting but the only kind of game I'm interested in running is an adventure game. Said type of game requires very decent fluff-writing which I just don't have. I don't know, maybe I'll give it a few weeks thought and see what I come up with.

Then just write an adventure game, then. Lets look at it this way, what is the worst thing that could happen:
If you do the game?

You end up with the mechanics that you want, but weak fluff. It ends up being bad. A few people try out the game, then it dies. You come up with a better on later.

If you don't do the game?

You get bored, bored enough to take highly illegal drugs. Soon not even that sates you. You look out for some experimental drugs, which you take hoping to replace the boredom. Instead, this drug makes you believe you are Yaos! You end up tracking down all of us, trying to take over the world. In the end I have to beat you with a musket while KJP stands in the background yelling "Why? Why! I will never GM again!"

So to recap, the worst that could happen if you do the game is that it is bad. It isn't a sin to make a bad game. The worst that could happen if you don't is that you go insane and I have to defeat you with a musket.

I guess you have a point but you have to realise that "picturing stuff in your head" is what led to so many of my famous assumptions which in turn led to some if not most of my complaints. Less fluff left three problems (apathetic gods, assumptions, and complaints arising from those assumptions) where more fluff would've left one at the most (complaints).

But you where the only one who really had that problem. The Gods where not apathetic because of the Fluff, they only cared about their followers anyway. If someone's followers got attacked, they acted swiftly, even Azem who didn't do much. The rest where just things you did -_-.

Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 350