Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21

Author Topic: YG: Gods of the Glow 15.5/15  (Read 37542 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: YG: Gods of the Glow 14.5/15
« Reply #135 on: February 23, 2015, 01:22:04 am »

Charta: "P

"P indeed."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 23, 2015, 01:31:20 am »

"We can also provide something for your project,
We believe. Will these do?"

The twins turn to each other, and as Tatae lifts a hand to Veda's mouth, Veda bites off part of Tatae's middle finger. She winces, but then reaches her hand into his mouth and yanks out a canine, along with the flesh. There is no blood; They are a God, after all.

"Tooth,
And nail."

Veda grins and Tatae waves as the pieces are given to the Charta. The 'wounds' remain, a measure of truemasymmetry in otherwise inversely symmetric figures.

"We'd like to discuss the making of the planet,
As we feel it rather important.
We think it should rotate around an axis,
As well as orbit the sun.
This way there will be colder poles,
And a warmer center,
As well as a cooling night,
To match the glow of day.
The axis should be offset from the orbital plane,
So that either half of the planet is experiencing the opposing season of the other half.
There should be a heated core,
To match the heating suns.
And two large continents,
On opposite sides of the world,
Separated by water,
But bridged by islands.
A bit more than half the world's surface,
And going down for miles in places,
Should be an ocean,
To pair with the land.
The air should rise far into the sky, and craft an illusion of starlight,
So that there is both a heaven,
And an earth.
Plants and beasts, with natures unbound,
Should be sown, to prove challenge and reward,
Of civilization's onslaught.
To show our hand in the world and life,
We should show our disciples a taste of power.
For those who are willing,
Let magic await.
Tied to no single god,
But part of themselves.
It could use belief, or charm, or cunning;
The only universal requirements,
Would be the capacity to learn
And the will to succeed.
It would manifest many ways,
Though mostly one of two:
The world changing around you,
Or oneself being improved.
This allows for heroes,
And villains, too,
Of a variety of natures,
To have the opportunity to be born."

Two suns means less night! Disgusting!
"We're not sure what you mean,
Or why that would be,
As they'd either be quite close together,
Or quite far away.
In either case night is still present,
And in quantity too.
Night is counterpart of day,
So we desire it too."
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 01:33:52 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 23, 2015, 03:44:37 am »

"Tatae and Veda's ideas were excellent and worth Possaio's support, though he couldn't help but note how these ideas would have been unnecessary, were they not mentioned. After all, they adhere to the common standard setting of stories, and if no God had made the notes, they would have come true by nature and the planet would have been made as proposed."

((Not making this up.))
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 23, 2015, 04:13:09 am »

"Greetings, gods. I am Ao Shin, god of weather and lightning. I hope we will work together to protect and create that what we cherish."
Ao Shin joins the Pantheon of unification.
Spoiler: votes (click to show/hide)

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 23, 2015, 10:20:36 am »

"Hello Ao Shin, my name is Itar, God of Heroes and Youth. Hopefully we can work together in the future."

Spoiler: Votes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 12:45:38 pm by Ama »

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #140 on: February 23, 2015, 12:01:48 pm »

I believe I shall join the Pantheon of Opposition. Its charter somehow seems fairer than the Pantheon of Unity. More well defined, perhaps.

Hecate, Here is a small portion of myself.
Xenos shimmers slightly and a small, regular trihedron (3D shape with three faces) detaches itself from the main body, floating towards the Charta.

Two suns means less night! Disgusting!
Why so? Just as two suns means two sunrises per day, it also means two sunsets per day. The planet itself rotates independently to the motion of the suns, so the overall night length would be affected minimally.

Spoiler: New Proposals (click to show/hide)

I am opposing the RED Code because, to me, it seems too restrictive.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 23, 2015, 12:40:01 pm »

Create a pocket dimension holding a library with every book ever written (so its empty right now), an observatorium, and a scientific academy. The sky is deep blue and emits a sense of knowledge to those gazing the sky. Sometimes golden clouds of wisdom float through this sky. This dimension shall be called Jafarra, Land of Lore

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 12:50:50 pm by Detoxicated »

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 23, 2015, 03:29:22 pm »

"Ah Yes, This should Work quite Nicely..."

Bob creates the Beholders. They Are Roughly 9 Feet Tall and Wide and can Float and Fly. They're Covered in Eyes and the Older Ones have Eyestalks. The Eyestalks can Occasionally Shoot Black Laser Beams that Rot and Melt it's Target. They are Carnivorous and They have one Mouth that can Expand to 5 Feet Wide if needed, This Mouth is Filled with Razor Sharp Teeth. They're Immortal and Enjoy Destroying Things more than Anything Else but Posses an Immense Ego, Reproduce Slowly, and Hate those that Enjoy Creating things. They can also Slowly Regrow missing Parts.

Bob creates 2 Essences Worth of Beholders in Bob's Fart.

Bob Blesses Bob's Fart with a Extremely Intelligent Mind that Hates Other Things Existing inside of it, And gives Bob's Fart the Ability to create Slightly Acidic Slow Moving Gas Storms within itself. He also blesses it with the Ability to Move at a speed of 100 Miles Per Hour.

Bob gives Bob's Fart the Ability to Split into two More Farts once every few Centuries.

"Greetings Beholders! Worship Me, Your Creator, Or Horrible will Happen. Have Fun Destroying Everything in Sight!"

((If Bob can't bless his Fart and Create the Beholders he just Creates the Beholders.))

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 23, 2015, 04:42:25 pm »

Planet details

Everything seems good. But I'd like to make the planet big enough to have three main continents, with smaller landmasses spread in the oceans.
I will only accept two suns if they are orbiting each other closely, so that a full rotation of the planet will have one day and one night. I'd also like the planet to rotate slowly.

I want to remove one of my proposal, 1.15. I will make the moon by myself since I need it to be private for the use I planned for it.

I create a moon bigger than the average. It will emit it's own light, which will change color depending on it's position towards the sun, sometime changing randomly for no more than a week. It will orbit said sun until the planet is created, at which point it will orbit it.

Edit: ((Do I get a discount for creating a moon since my aspect is night?))
Edit2: The moon will still be much smaller than a planet.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 04:47:22 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 23, 2015, 04:44:13 pm »

Charta lights up again.

"It would seem we have two new races, but neither of you have made proper considerations for the souls. I suggest making an afterlife, reincarnation system, or other soul-sorter before this becomes a problem for them."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 23, 2015, 05:19:59 pm »

Avignon awakened.

"Fellow gods and goddesses, I greet you. I am Avignon, embodiment of Order...usually."

"I see that there is nothing here but space...that doesn't do at all does it? Although I see you've begun plans already. They will do I suppose."

"This Pantheon of Opposition, while I have no like for the name, is something of interest; I will join it if there is no...opposition."

"But for an Afterlife...I think we ought do something about that. While I believe we are all free to make our own Heavens and Hells at a later time, it would be best to simply reincarnate the souls of the dead for now. Perhaps sort them out on a Great Wheel of Life?"

"...While we discuss this, let me just take off something."

Create the Shishegui, a self-replicating polyhedral turtle automaton from a small portion of my armour. Sizes differ depending on how much material was used by the parent turtle to create their 'child'. Highly intelligent, Shishegui possess the ability to alter their surroundings through programmed telekinesis and high-powered lasers. They may also project barriers to prevent damage; these barriers get larger with more Shishegui working on the task. Shishegui have the main duty of creating suitable areas for the development of life, most importantly sapient life. While each has a distinct personality, all individuals believe in the upholding of law and order. Use 2 essence to create the first batch.

Turning his face downwards, he spoke to his new children."Go and make daddy proud little ones."

« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 05:23:37 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 23, 2015, 05:45:59 pm »

"Kokkinadam, I apologize. I had forgotten your hate of green."
Takes back the sapphire and the emerald. I smash them both and hand Kokkinadam 2 rubies instead.
"I hope these are acceptable?

I'm afraid I must oppose the Red Code and Rules of the Narrative. Colors should all be equal and all should be free to write stories as they wish.

I will join the Pantheon of Opposition, if the Pantheon sees to revoke the ninth code. If we go by the spirit of the Code, that spirit could be subject to bias and corruption."

Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 23, 2015, 07:40:20 pm »

Veda grins and Tatae waves as the pieces are given to the Charta. The 'wounds' remain, a measure of truemasymmetry in otherwise inversely symmetric figures.

"Uh, thank you, but a lock of hair would have been just as effective 0_0."

Yes, the emoticon appeared above Charta. It hesitantly accepts them into its folds, again spinning around quickly as if to get rid of the body parts as swiftly as it could.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #148 on: February 24, 2015, 12:52:06 am »

Tick 4: Static Horizons

The Gods all work together and use the Anupralt to form a solar system consisting of a RED sun, a planet and two moons, one fiery and one icy. {Council -18A} Lumio adds another moon that glows different colours throughout the year. {Lumio -5E}
((Would you all like a map of the planet?))

Gules stops fighting the Blue Borbs and instead begins to float around the dust of the two gemstones, preventing them from showing their colours.

Kokkinadam stops to examine its surroundings. The static just seems to be white noise, completely random. The patterns in the distance are the same, just flashes of white light appearing randomly. As Kokkinadam continues to sit there, the static seems to increase in volume and it begins to see flashes in the corners of its vision.

Jafar creates the Land of Lore, a pocket dimension for those who wish to obtain knowledge. He also creates a Library containing every book ever written, but much of it appears sealed off or empty. In fact, no accessible books can be found! {Jafar -16E}

Bob creates 1000 Beholders, as well as making Bob's Fart sentient and able to produce acidic clouds. {Bob -6E}

Avignon creates 54 Shishegui. {Avignon -2E}

Spoiler: New Proposals (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Old Proposals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Votes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

Edit: Sorry Xenos!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 01:53:51 am by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 24, 2015, 01:22:09 am »

((Lumio made the moon, not xenos. Might want to fix this since I'm sure he won't like the idea of paying for my project.))

I create 10 000 falicio, and spread them on every continent.

Now make daddy proud! Do some of your mortal stuff. Preferably while being thiefy or nighty, whatever that means.

Lumio turns his attention to the charta
I'll give you one of my moon-eyes since I have no hair. I'm sure these things can regrow.

Lumio with some effort, manage to plop his eye out of it's orbit, before giving it to the charta. A new eye grows quickly to replace the previous one.

I wonder how many of these I could make before it starts costing me essence.
By the way, I think we should give a nickname to that weird dust since there is no way I'll remember it's name. How about fairy dust? That's how I'm gonna call it.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21