Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1082415 times)

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

microblogging isn't really my thing either, and the twitter scene takes way too much effort to keep up with
Couldn't posting here be considered a form of microblogging?
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

microblogging isn't really my thing either, and the twitter scene takes way too much effort to keep up with
I suppose, though I often use much more than 140 characters on here, and the community is much tighter than that of twitter. Generally people here don't do as much stupid stuff either...

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I suppose, though I often use much more than 140 characters on here, and the community is much tighter than that of twitter. Generally people here don't do as much stupid stuff either...
Considering what is actually going on within this forum, I'm surprised that no newcomer have drawn the conclusion that we are more insane here than anywhere else on the internet. Maybe intelligent people have a knack for being deviant?
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Considering what is actually going on within this forum, I'm surprised that no newcomer have drawn the conclusion that we are more insane here than anywhere else on the internet. Maybe intelligent people have a knack for being deviant?
I don't have a slightest idea what you're talking about. Let's go butcher some mermaids.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

That thread really has become the thing people say about:
"this is B12 in a nutshell"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, what else are we going to do while waiting for beta? ;D

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

People think mermaids are nice and a treasured race.
Bad people like to kill mermaids for laugh.
Smart people like to kill them because they're a treasure.

As bad an act as you may think it is, it's profitable.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile

I think it's more like some kind of electronic corkboard spanning the oceans. The clipboard hanging from a series of tubes, if you will.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile

Higby just put up a 30min stream of Planetside 2.  I have to say it is looking amazing, and the beta can't come quick enough!  The only thing I could complain about was the facility captured/defended messages taking up half of the damn screen, though they have supposedly been shrunk in the latest build.

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here's the youtube link for those who missed it.

Most of the lag seems to be from the stream (the image will freeze up but Higby doesn't seem to lose control of his character), although Higby gets a client crash and there's a TR MAX that starts warping about due to server lag.  It looks pretty good for an early beta though.

Highlights of the video:
-Higby not doing anything (first ten minutes)
-Higby getting his ass kicked
-A prowler dodging Higby's Vanguard by wedging under him battlebots-style
-Higby actually doing well
-Elmo oppressing Higby's spawn point
-Higby ricing out his assault rifle with a tacticool scope, which he uses to aim at people two meters away from him indoors, running out of ammo when he actually gets a clean shot at a guy standing still outside
-Higby dealing with an illegally parked Mosquito
-A barney crashing his Scythe into a crowd of smurfs for the glory of Vanu
-Higby being ingloriously shot down by an ATV-riding space-nazi

Also, the first hard number to come out of SOE.  The exact nature of "a few" may soon be cleared.

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would say that "a few" excludes 2 in most uses, but sometimes means "threeish", which could still end up being 2.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

I would say that "a few" excludes 2 in most uses, but sometimes means "threeish", which could still end up being 2.
Threeish is still between 2 and 5.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's what I meant. Use of "a few" means that 2 is a less likely outcome than the others, but still possible.

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just saw this and this.  Looks like Smedley isn't screwing around about the technical test, and if things go right they might have a beta date announcement by the end of the week.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 826