Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1082398 times)

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It just means you aren't in yet, not 'no chance at all'. The beta hasn't even begun yet, calm down.

I imagine the active people (such as myself) are people who have redeemed priority access keys.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

So, my "Inactive" means I have no chance at all despite signing up and being a prior subscriber?
Inactive simply means they haven't flipped the switch on your account. Active means you're already in or they are preparing to let you in soon, from what I understand. If you're a prior subscriber you will get in soon.

They are staggering the people they let in over time to keep from overloading the download servers I bet.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

Checked mine. Says Inactive. Guess that means that the people without priority access keys have to wait even more. :(
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Zona

• Bay Watcher
  • SEE YOU SOON
    • View Profile

People who entered priority beta keys will have it say active regardless of whether they can play yet or not. Everyone else will not until the switch is flipped on their account. An easy way to check if your in is to go here www.planetside2.com/download . Click the download button and sign into your account. If it lets you download it then congratulations, your in the beta.
Those lucky dwarves, despite the risk of being stabbed, shots, poisoned, eaten, mauled, enslaved, eviscerated or involved in accidents... at least they don’t have to worry about immediate dangers like the heat death of the universe.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mine has said 'active' for weeks (because I got a twitter key on something like the second or third day they started giving out twitter keys). It doesn't mean I'm getting in this week or even next week.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Mine says active, yet I can't download. I guess I'll have to wait.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i have the feeling people who registered on the ps2 web for beta months ago actually get in last, because of all the "priority keys" they have thrown out over twitter and magazines etc...

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i have the feeling people who registered on the ps2 web for beta months ago actually get in last, because of all the "priority keys" they have thrown out over twitter and magazines etc...
What priority key? to me its more normal key, and back-up key eh....
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile

i suspect they are doing the beta key giveaway to also try to count up just how many people will want to play at launch to prepare the servers and bandwidth so it doesn't 404 when trying to play the game.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

yarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

first to play beta: planetside1 players with active subscription
2nd planetside1 players with inactive subscription
3rd 'priority' beta keys (twitter etc)

looks like we have to wait a little longer :(

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There was also an announcement about how the servers would only be up during part of the day each day for a while.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 01:25:50 am by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile

There was also an announcement about how the servers would only be up during part of the day each day for a while.

Yup you only get 6 hours a day and most of the time from Tuesday to Saturday, luckly they have euro times in now it was redicilus before beta the test times started at 10pm for GMT :P

Also who else is in the beta for eu ? Getting boring playing by my self

Also certs are out ! Wooooooo !! And few other things here is what the game is currently looking like :

REDACTED
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 03:01:02 pm by ScriptWolf »
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Happy with that info, but are you allowed to tell us that?

My Sony account is located in the US somehow, and I can't change it. Talking to their support they want to know everything about me before they "can switch it". No effing way, Sony. Beefing up your SOE security by storing more personal information is not how it works. I hope they won't force me to play on US servers because of this :(

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile

Welllll I don't think I am breaking NDA ? it's just a list of what's in the game so far ..... I like to think I can, I did it before :P
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Welllll I don't think I am breaking NDA ? it's just a list of what's in the game so far ..... I like to think I can, I did it before :P
I didn't read it, so I don't know what you're allowed and not allowed to tell us :)
But if you are allowed to tell us something, How Is It? Is it any fun/good and if not how far is it from being fun?

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 826