Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1086046 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #3945 on: November 17, 2012, 09:50:50 pm »

What do you have now?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #3946 on: November 17, 2012, 10:01:08 pm »

Graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series
RAM: 4 gbs
CPU: Intel Core i3 530

Not exactly built for gaming, I know...but don't have money or skill for doing something about it. Anything else I should provide?

Nevermind, found spec requirements.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 10:10:21 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: November 17, 2012, 10:09:29 pm »

You'll probably be okay with the right settings. Mine has a slightly better card but significantly worse processor and I can play it decently most of the time.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: November 17, 2012, 10:12:04 pm »

Actually, from what the spec requirements tell me, I actually need a slightly better card to play. Still, I can risk a free download to confirm.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: November 17, 2012, 10:17:29 pm »

Actually, from what the spec requirements tell me, I actually need a slightly better card to play. Still, I can risk a free download to confirm.
before my upgrade i was getting 30fps on low out of battle. 10-15fps in battle but tbh it wasnt that hard to play with but I was very used to it anyway

I'd happily join a B12 group, but would probably want it to be organized. Any idea on what race we'll be? I've been running Vanu.
Death to the Alien Lover...
The Miners will have their Freedom!!!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: November 17, 2012, 10:29:13 pm »

.....snip.....
Death to the Alien Lover Fondler...
The Miners will have their Freedom in-flight peanuts!!!
FTFY.

Any truth to the rumour that the Alpha will be in the order of 18gigs DL?  That would pretty much mean I couldn't DL it for a couple of months at least.  No way I can justify buying excess bandwidth for about 200AUD.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: November 18, 2012, 01:01:58 am »

.....snip.....
FTFY.

Any truth to the rumour that the Alpha will be in the order of 18gigs DL?  That would pretty much mean I couldn't DL it for a couple of months at least.  No way I can justify buying excess bandwidth for about 200AUD.

Not sure, but it is supposed to be getting a Steam launch, so you could download it in bits depending on your cap.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: November 18, 2012, 01:10:05 am »

.....snip.....
FTFY.

200 bucks for 18 extra gigs one month ??!? I knew internet stuff was bad down there, but geez.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: November 18, 2012, 01:44:49 am »

It's even worse if you're with the national carrier, Telstra.  I dread to think how much 18 GB would cost with them.

I've sent Virgin an e-mail to see if they have upgraded their towers near me to support post-paid access, but they haven't responded yet - I really want to abandon my current ISP as they have recently merged with another carrier and the service has gone downhill rapidly, both data and customer service.
It sucks 'cause I'm in an area where they are, supposedly, fast tracking the NBN, but there has been no indication of when they are even going to start working on it.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: November 18, 2012, 01:45:25 am »

.....snip.....
FTFY.

200 bucks for 18 extra gigs one month ??!? I knew internet stuff was bad down there, but geez.

I'm assuming he's talking about switching providers? A lot of providers charge a termination fee if you switch before your contract is up.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: November 18, 2012, 01:59:15 am »

It's even worse if you're with the national carrier, Telstra.  I dread to think how much 18 GB would cost with them.

I've sent Virgin an e-mail to see if they have upgraded their towers near me to support post-paid access, but they haven't responded yet - I really want to abandon my current ISP as they have recently merged with another carrier and the service has gone downhill rapidly, both data and customer service.
It sucks 'cause I'm in an area where they are, supposedly, fast tracking the NBN, but there has been no indication of when they are even going to start working on it.

If you live around Sydney you should probably sign up with TPG; unlimited at 20mbps for $60 or so; their other plans aren't so bad either...Feck, acted like a spambot.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: November 18, 2012, 02:20:59 am »

I'm in Adelaide, so we get the rough end of the pineapple.

I'm assuming he's talking about switching providers? A lot of providers charge a termination fee if you switch before your contract is up.
Nope.  I have no fixed line into the house, so it has to be mobile and that just makes life awkward and expensive.

TPG does a deal at 35 per 9 GB, so that might be an option, I'll have to hunt around for a dealer though, last I tried, the dealer had shut up shop and moved without providing a forwarding address.

Anyway, if I get it sorted, I could be part of the outfit, hours of access not-withstanding.  Near the end of the beta I was having great success with my HA sniper build, seriously pissing off some of the Vanu Infiltrators that were lurking inside Andvari.  It is surprising how many charge around blindly without looking behind rocks, drums, crates, building corners.  I don't care if I shoot them in the back...several times....changing magazines.....and a grenade.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: November 18, 2012, 05:16:42 am »

Count me in.
I'll need a good amount of training before i can fly a reaver and even more before i can pilot a tank tough.
Hell, even turrets on a moving tank are hard for me.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: November 18, 2012, 05:33:35 am »

As I said before, maybe 2-4 pages back...
Learning to fly should be done slowly and from Large to Small...

First step is to get into a Gal and just use it to practice taking off and landing, these things can help big time when it comes to a Reaver for just landing to repair it as too many times you will explode in a reaver when trying to land where in a gal you would bounce...

Next Step is to get into a Lib just to practice going around low altitude, with the lib's Horizontal Floating capabilities, keeping yourself up as you move around will give you time to balance and adjust yourself accordingly...

Finally, the Reaver. The Reaver can be a little fast after moving from Gal to Lib, but getting used to it shouldn't take too long now that you should know how to safely takeoff and land without damagin the craft and also being able to move close to the ground without leaving a stain mark on the terrain. Its really now that you practice actually fighting in an aircraft, generally you want to hunt down Libs and Gal and avoid the Mozies/Scythes, The Mozie is much faster then you so he can make better turns to get you back into his sights after a pass while the Scythe is a bitch with his tight turning abilities and floating method of catching you above with ease...

Also, DO NOT BE AFRAID. NC crafts are built tought, a Mozie will EXPLODE when it collides with a Reaver, granted the Reaver has a high chance of exploding but you will actually get the kill. I found it HILARIOUS but it happens... Get an Ejector seat and you can crash your Reavers Kamikaze style into things with little to no worries... Wait... You wanted to fly in the air not into the ground right, meh your NC you'll live...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: November 18, 2012, 06:13:03 am »

The mental image of 12 reavers, all with C4 sticked on their nose taking out 12 tanks is awe-inspiring.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 826