Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1086291 times)

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #5520 on: January 23, 2013, 10:48:24 am »

On another note, I finally outfitted my flash with a fury 40mm grenade launcher. Time to raid outdoor infantry.  :P
I still need to get the speed boost utility and improve the handling though. Vehicles have no grip in this game.
And figure out when and when not to engage armor. A volley of nades in the back of a lightning tank does a surprising large amount of damage.

How is the grenade launcher? I was thinking of getting a gun for my Flash, but I'm not sure which to choose. Is it strictly better than the light cannon?

Fun as hell with hit-and-run tactics, but I can't give a comparison with the other two yet.  I will say if you get the Fury, go with a bigger mag instead of reload speed- you should be running while reloading, not waiting around.  As said, lightnings are good targets, but sundies take lots of hits before going down... but chasing one down that has unmanned guns is great.  Manned guns will tear you up.

Get the radar. You will become an omnipotent god on wheels.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5521 on: January 23, 2013, 10:58:53 am »

Dang game crashes any time something explodes in my general area (missiles, vehicles, me). Haven't fired a shot but I've still enjoyed what I've seen. Gonna keep trying to find out how to fix that.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5522 on: January 23, 2013, 11:18:07 am »

I dunno, my prowler does a pretty good job of killing flashes.  If the first shot doesn't kill the rider, the follow up will do the trick. 
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5523 on: January 23, 2013, 11:20:36 am »

That's why you don't go toe-to-toe with a MBT on an ATV.  Hit it from the back/side when it's distracted, then run like hell while you reload.

Going sideways across an enemy infantry line is a great way to disrupt and distract it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5524 on: January 23, 2013, 12:37:36 pm »

Get the radar. You will become an omnipotent god on wheels.
But it makes so much noise, how can you be stealthy with such a loud engine.  ???

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5525 on: January 23, 2013, 12:53:06 pm »

That brings up a relevant issue. I really, really wish that there was an option to turn off the engine of your vehicle. The tradeoffs are pretty obvious, and it adds depth to gameplay without any significant increase in complexity.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5526 on: January 23, 2013, 01:05:18 pm »

On a similar note, I hate how I have to pay SC for a vehicle horn. I want to honk at people before I load them with grenades!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5527 on: January 23, 2013, 02:12:41 pm »

Lights are also pretty useless since nights are never that dark, and they're pretty short ranged, so they only make you an easier target for everything. Not that it's hard to spot anything at night since again, they aren't that dark.

Also the last patch royally fudged the game. Terrain blinking and dissappearing, game freezing up, shit like that. It was working mostly fine before this SOE, why do you insist on fixing stuff by breaking it :C
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #5528 on: January 23, 2013, 02:17:46 pm »

On a similar note, I hate how I have to pay SC for a vehicle horn. I want to honk at people before I load them with grenades!

How to get a horn without paying SC: Use proximity chat. Custom, self-made, and vocalized horns included!
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5529 on: January 23, 2013, 02:22:54 pm »

Well getting back into this, there a b12 group around in this? Preferrably TR on Matherson?

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5530 on: January 23, 2013, 03:18:01 pm »

How to get a horn without paying SC: Use proximity chat. Custom, self-made, and vocalized horns included!

Unfortunately enemies can't hear prox chat.

Horn is really overpriced imo, it should've been around 200 SC or even free.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5531 on: January 23, 2013, 03:36:17 pm »

Maybe have a free default one, and have crazy horns as SC.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #5532 on: January 23, 2013, 03:41:41 pm »

Maybe have a free default one, and have crazy horns as SC.
Probably a good idea.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #5533 on: January 23, 2013, 04:03:42 pm »

Unfortunately enemies can't hear prox chat.

Huh, I could've sworn they could.

Sure takes a lot of fun out of spying on enemies.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #5534 on: January 23, 2013, 04:49:48 pm »

It's already funny to be a lone wolf in the middle of a near-desert territory, I cant imagine how it would be if you could hear the ennemy chat...
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 826