Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1082374 times)

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #7215 on: May 06, 2013, 09:28:49 am »

Heh, I had an over 200% xp bonus running during parts of an alert last night on Amerish over on Cobalt, the free membership and my alpha squad boost putting me at a base of 75%. The population difference bonus was at 80%-90% for 3/4 of the alert as the rest of the VS focused on ensuring we didn't lose our Indar cap bonus, before coming over for the last half hour and blitzkrieging across the map to secure a 60% win. So many certs from being an engineer.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7216 on: May 06, 2013, 01:42:59 pm »

Oh yes, that free membership is nice.  Nice enough that I'm considering buying that discounted three month membership.  Damn their effective marketing!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7217 on: May 06, 2013, 02:50:50 pm »

Welp, I was just banned for "Account found to have used cheat programs while in Planetside 2".

Not sure what that's about. Someone did accuse me of using an aimbot once when I shot them out of the trees in a biolab but that's the only thing I can think of. Was fun while it lasted SOE but if you're banning people without investigation or cause now I'd rather take my money elsewhere.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7218 on: May 06, 2013, 03:05:48 pm »

That's... harsh. Especially if you spent money on it.

Having paid not a cent, I'm pretty sure my bad aiming skillzz will keep me safe from such an event...

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7219 on: May 06, 2013, 03:08:55 pm »

That's... harsh. Especially if you spent money on it.

Having paid not a cent, I'm pretty sure my bad aiming skillzz will keep me safe from such an event...
My aiming skillz aren't terribly much better, I just happened to kill a LA twice in a row in the biodome. He thought creeping about in the trees was awesome and got really upset when I saw him both times.

I don't even know if he reported me or if that's what did it. For all I know they could have just mass banned people. I'm just glad I hadn't spent much on it. I think $30 total on various double/triple SC events.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #7220 on: May 06, 2013, 03:11:20 pm »

Harsh... For the record, I do think that climbing in biolabs' trees IS awesome, but also risky. I'm not reckless enough to go camping where I just got killed, though. :P
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #7221 on: May 06, 2013, 03:21:25 pm »

If SOE has any idea of what they're doing there should be recourse for those wrongly banned for cheating.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7222 on: May 06, 2013, 03:36:50 pm »

If SOE has any idea of what they're doing there should be recourse for those wrongly banned for cheating.
As I said to my friend just a bit ago, why should I have to spend my time and effort fighting an unwarranted ban just so I can play their game? I'll quite happily spend my money elsewhere. By banning me for no reason they've shown that they don't actually want me as a customer.

It would be like a movie theater sending you a letter saying you've been banned from their chain of theaters because someone said you were noisy during a show, without actually checking to see if you were in fact noisy or making any other effort to verify the accusation. I'll take my business elsewhere.

I only posted here to let you guys know to watch out because the simple accusation of aimbotting or whatever can get you banned now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7223 on: May 06, 2013, 04:08:12 pm »

Someone sent me a hate tell of "enjoy your ban aimbotter" a month or so ago.  I laughed, because anyone viewing me at the time would have seen me spraying half a clip of my Gauss Saw at this dude before finally getting me.  I guess if his aim was as bad as mine, he couldn't kill me in that time either.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7224 on: May 06, 2013, 05:12:03 pm »

Someone sent me a hate tell of "enjoy your ban aimbotter" a month or so ago.  I laughed, because anyone viewing me at the time would have seen me spraying half a clip of my Gauss Saw at this dude before finally getting me.  I guess if his aim was as bad as mine, he couldn't kill me in that time either.

I had five TR send me ban threats for shooting them when they were behind cover in the biolabs. When I was using the grenade launcher.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7225 on: May 06, 2013, 05:41:37 pm »

:D I rarely get hate tells, but I've gotten tells from TR pilots before saying they enjoyed the fight.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7226 on: May 06, 2013, 06:50:56 pm »

I got some hate tells from my own team after I locked the guy out of my Harasser. Deserved it though, he was taking potshot at our own ESFs.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7227 on: May 06, 2013, 06:52:53 pm »

I got some hate tells from my own team after I locked the guy out of my Harasser. Deserved it though, he was taking potshot at our own ESFs.
I had a friendly teammate follow me around while I was in the gunner slot of a magrider. He shot up our tank until it was on fire, so I hopped out to repair once he'd left. He returned immediately, shot me in the head and killed me, then jumped in the gunner spot and started firing into our own armor and infantry.

Some people...

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7228 on: May 07, 2013, 03:03:15 am »

I come here today to announce a hopeful plan of an alliance between the Something Awful Forums and the slightly smaller but no less noble Bay12 Forums in the effort of combating the enemy realms inside the game Planetside 2. Whilst both B12 and SA can claim victory opposed against the other in various other games, in Planetside 2 we seem to be aligned with each other on the server Mattherson. I'm hereby requesting input on whether or not I should merge Slaves to Armok to SA's outfit, and thus create a sweeter outfit as a whole.

EDIT: Note that this only applies to the guys on that server. I'd like to bring everyone who was in StA over to this new outfit so we actually have outfit people to play with on occasion. Their requirements are to have a sense of humour so most humans may apply. They don't organize on SA so no need to register there.

As an experienced forums reader, please allow me to add my short opinion that the opportunity to merge our outfit with the veteran video game players of SA will probably result in a better PS2 for everyone.

Also, all you people on other servers, if you aren't terribly attached to your character, possibly by having not spent SC on it, could I recommend you keep an eye upon this affair?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 04:31:17 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7229 on: May 07, 2013, 03:28:39 am »

I had a friendly teammate follow me around while I was in the gunner slot of a magrider. He shot up our tank until it was on fire, so I hopped out to repair once he'd left. He returned immediately, shot me in the head and killed me, then jumped in the gunner spot and started firing into our own armor and infantry.

Some people...
Oh god so many of those guys. I eventually just lost my patience and will now TK everyone who is shooting at me outside of combat. Trigger etiquette, people. We're waiting for the cap, there's no enemy in sight, and still you damage my turret/tank/health? How about some lazorz in your face.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))
Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 826